Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > Sports, Sports and more Sports
User Name
Password

Old 12-29-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
Dawgpound_Hank

UFC 168

Sad to see Silva go out like this. He's probably finished. By the time that heals up he will be 40+...even then it surely won't be 100%. Hurts to watch dayum...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fwmi1mLjZW...Jg/s1600/6.gif
Old 12-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Gruesome Ending In Weidman Victory

UFC 168: Weidman Retains Belt

LAS VEGAS -- One of the most anticipated rematches in UFC history produced an unforgettable ending.

A rare, brutal, crazy unforgettable ending.

Chris Weidman successfully defended the UFC middleweight title for the first time on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena by defeating all-time great Anderson Silva a second consecutive time.
Anderson Silva's rematch with Chris Weidman ended with the Brazilian star suffering a broken left leg.

The result came 1:16 into the second round, when Silva (33-6) threw a left leg kick that Weidman (11-0) checked near his right knee.

Immediately, Silva fell to the ground in pain, prompting referee Herb Dean to waive an end to the fight. Replays showed Silva's shinbone snapped from the force of the collision.

The official result was a second-round TKO (injury) victory for Weidman. He claimed the 185-pound title in July in a stunning second-round knockout over Silva.

"That was the No. 1 one thing I got hit with in the first fight," Weidman said. "I worked a lot against guys with good leg kicks.

"I actually would think, 'If he's going to go hard on a ton of these kicks like he usually does, I could hurt him.' But it's still crazy."

Weidman, despite winning the first meeting, entered the fight a near 2-to-1 underdog to Silva.

This isn't 100 percent the end of Anderson Silva's fighting career -- but it should be, writes Brett Okamoto. Story

The Brazilian icon, widely regarded as the greatest fighter in UFC history, had won 16 consecutive fights before losing his belt to Weidman this summer.

After taunting Weidman heavily during their first encounter, Silva was far more straight-laced in the rematch. He surrendered a takedown to the former collegiate wrestler 40 seconds into the fight, but scrambled back to his feet shortly after.

As the two tied up in a clinch, Weidman landed a short right hand near Silva's left temple that had him staggered.

As Silva fell to the floor, Weidman pursued with punches and landed in his guard. For the next three minutes, Silva kept his guard closed to prevent Weidman from passing -- but ate several elbows and right hands while stalling for the round to end.

Silva, 38, appeared to have recovered as he entered the second round. His movement was still intact -- as was his balance.

The leg kick and injury, however, happened in an instant.

It was the first time Silva has lost consecutive fights.

"He could come back, obviously, or it could be the end," UFC president Dana White said after the fight. "We'll have to see. He's going into surgery right this second."

Weidman, although on the winning end of both bouts against Silva, predicted he still might not get his due credit.

"Who knows?" Weidman said. "I'm so new in this sport. I'm 11-0 now and people can't fathom the fact I came in and beat Anderson Silva. I can understand where people are coming from but slowly and surely people will believe in me."

Weidman will likely face No. 1 middleweight contender Vitor Belfort in his second defense. Belfort, who was in attendance, had sympathy for Silva.

"It's sad, just the way it ended is sad," Belfort said. "We all have injury, I don't wish injury to anyone.

"I'm sad, I feel for him, it's part of the job, but it's real sad."

"I'm getting the new belt. I was champ when I was 19, the heavyweight, I was champion with the light heavyweight, and now its about the middleweight," he said.

Belfort said there was nothing about Weidman that worried him.

"No man, just go in there and perform. I'm unpredictable," he said. "I'm a lion. Study about the lion, the lion is unpredictable."
Old 12-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
I was thinking we would have some closure from the way the first fight went down, and this happens!!! Hope Anderson has a good recovery and is ok

What a surprise Browne taking off Barnett.
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
T1DMMA2BB
Vet

T1DMMA2BB is on a distinguished road
They said he will be able to walk again in three to six months.. Ouch. Sad to see Tate lose too. That sucked. Brown offing Barnett was amazing. Not expected at all. Anyone hear about the threat from Diego Brando to Dustin P? Diego said he was going to cut his throat in the back before the weigh ins for Dustin looking at him some way. Dustin served him up too.
T1DMMA2BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
GB1

It was sad to see Anderson go down like that. I was never a fan of his but you can't take away what the man done. The UFC is loosing a lot of star power. With GSP gone and now Anderson more than likely done its gonna be hard to see those 70$ PPV
Old 12-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
T1DMMA2BB
Vet

T1DMMA2BB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
It was sad to see Anderson go down like that. I was never a fan of his but you can't take away what the man done. The UFC is loosing a lot of star power. With GSP gone and now Anderson more than likely done its gonna be hard to see those 70$ PPV
Well said!
T1DMMA2BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:26 AM   #7
kelbiiz
Banned

kelbiiz is on a distinguished road
hi everybody, I'm a new member, hope everybody help.
kelbiiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:35 PM   #8
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
lol
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #9
Thate
Vet

Thate is a jewel in the roughThate is a jewel in the roughThate is a jewel in the roughThate is a jewel in the rough
wow an old one, silva is supposed to have his AC hearing soon and he expects to get fully cleared
Thate is offline   Reply With Quote