• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ESTROGEN GUY
    VET
    • Aug 2018

HGH SUBCUTANEOUS VS INTRAMUSCULAR WHICH IS BETTER

Pediatrics. 1985 Sep;76(3):361-4.
    Subcutaneous versus intramuscular growth hormone therapy: growth and acute somatomedin response.
    Wilson DM, Baker B, Hintz RL, Rosenfeld RG.
    Abstract
    To determine the optimal route of growth hormone administration, a comparison was made of the acute somatomedin response and chronic growth response to either intramuscular or subcutaneous growth hormone in 20 children with growth hormone deficiency. None of the children had received growth hormone for at least 2 weeks prior to their random selection to receive growth hormone by either the subcutaneous (N = 11) or intramuscular (N = 9) route. Plasma samples for determination of levels of insulin-like growth factors I and II (IGF-I and IGF-II) were obtained prior to therapy and 20 hours after the first and fourth of four daily injections of growth hormone. Growth rate and growth hormone antibody levels were determined before and after 6 months of therapy. IGF-I levels tripled in both treatment groups after four days of growth hormone injections, whereas IGF-II levels nearly doubled, with no significant difference between the intramuscular or subcutaneous group. After 6 months of therapy, there was no significant difference in growth rate and only two patients had developed growth hormone antibodies. Both patients and parents expressed a preference for the subcutaneous method. The identical rises in the IGF-I and IGF-II levels following a brief course of either subcutaneous or intramuscular injections of growth hormone, the similar growth rates, the low incidence of antibody development, and the preference for the subcutaneous route all suggest that the subcutaneous route is the method of choice for chronic growth hormone therapy.
    PMID: 4034296
    MY personal experience after lab work never showed a different in levels. I'm sure body fat, scare tissue and many other things could play a factor. Many guys tell me it matters, even after I present the inject in front of them and follow up by my labs. But none of them there to try blood work using each type of injections. Blood work over rules. For me at least.
    http://road2hardcoreiron.net/

https://www.myscfuel.com/

EG
  • Big B
    Banned
    • Jan 2016

No differences. Good stuff...

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Good info.