Injury Q

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Injury Q

My wife, son & I were at the track a few days ago. I haven't sprinted full speed in awhile. I was there for a minute but got out of it. I usually just walk fast pace or slow jog. Reason being is with many back injuries over the years and having DDD in the lumbar region, if I run full speed, this 245 lbs makes for a helluva jolt in the lumbar and I feel it for the next 3 days. Old age sucks.

Anyways, my wife & Jr were calling me out, so I said wtf and turned up the heat. I went all out for about 150 yards, smoked them, and about 2 hours later start feeling a pain in the extreme lower left abs - like to the left of the pubic area. It only hurts when I cough or contract the abs like when getting up out of bed.

I was scared thinking maybe a friggin' hernia, but nothing there - nothing protruding or if I push in hard I don't feel any lumps or bumps. Also, it doesn't hurt when I lift, which I hear is pretty common with hernias. Good thing is it's slowly getting better, but I never encountered such an injury just from running. Also never had an injury there. Anyone have this happen or hear of this?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Sounds like a strained groin muscle.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• b52
      • Oct 2006

Did you stretch and warm up properly or just go for it? Most likely just a pull. That woulda been something to see lol. Watch out guys here comes the fast moving refrigerator lol.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Already warmed up. We had already been walking & jogging for 30 mins.

I had always thought with a groin pull, the pain was down near rhe upper/inner leg, but after searching it I see a groin pull can cause pain in the lower ab area too. Guessing that's it.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
          • Apr 2006

Try melting some butter and applying it topically, and it will help speed up the healing if it is a strain.

Comment

• Dakota
            VET
            • Feb 2017

Ditto what lifts suggests. I would agree in all probability it is a strain groin. Common injury for old folks that try to sprint. Hopefully since you didn't feel it immediately, it is nothing major.
            The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Roughrydr
              • Oct 2017

Maybe you jolted an ovary loose. Lol.
              Sounds like a muscle tear. Tell the old lady you need sex 3 times a day for the next two weeks and you'll be right as rain.
              OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

Working...