Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Peak-Muscle > News and Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-08-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
USPS info

Posted by flying Dragon

USPS
There seems to be some debate on how the USPS works when it comes to shipping, specifically when a label is created. So here is a little write up

1) Some USPS locations have a self serve kiosk. These are available 24 hours a day. This allows for those who want to avoid the long lines or who come in to the post office during non lobby hours.

2) So what can you do at a kiosk? Well for one you can buy postage, stamps, Priority, Overnite.

3) Now to what some on the forum seem to be concerned about. I will provide a real life example. Its 10pm on Jan 1st and I decide to head to the post office with or without a package. I goto the Kiosk, follow the instructions on the screen, pay for the postage with a pre paid credit card. I then take the postage label and put it on the pac and drop it into the parcel bin. Or I can take that postage label back home and put it on a package to be put into the parcel bin at a later date.

4) So what happens next? Well when u buy the postage from the Kiosk, it determines based on the current day when the pac might get delivered. See the machine ASSUMES the pac with postage and tracking will be put into the parcel bin that same visit. If you take the label home, the tracking will still show the parcel in the system, just not moving.

5) Why would someone buy postage with a label and take it home? Well for one the sender looks like he has done his job when he sends over the tracking to the receiver. Receiver appreciates the quick turn around not knowing the pac is still not put into the parcel bin. This gives the sender extra time to get the pac put together while the receiver believes the pac is on its way. A few days goes by and the receiver starts wondering why there has been no update on the tracking, sender states the post office is super slow, which is not true 99.9% of the time. There are some very rare instances where the pac is simply lost and the tracking show no movement, but again very rare....

6) Hope this clears things up in regards to sending a pac when the post office is closed or during a holiday, its very possible as long as you use a USPS self service kiosk....
Old 01-08-2020, 03:36 PM   #2
Friggemall

Thanks Lifts!

There is also a sometimes #7. Even when the pack is put in a drop box or handed to the postal worker it does not always get updated. I've had several arrive and still show pending, also shown as delivered when they have not been and actually show up the next day. USPS info mgt sys stinks, lol.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:58 PM   #3
A1food4u

Thanks for passing that along Lifts... thanks flying Dragon for the info