Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MindlessWork
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by JDUB
    If RR wins a rematch its because she figured out how to defend herself...she got beat up before the kick
    I sure hope she plans her sweet revenge soo
    “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• A1food4u

Does anyone see this as a matter of coaching? I think HH's corner had her prepared, a good game plan. She stayed away and moved well, keeping the pace accelerated so that by the time RR got that first clinch they were both pretty sweaty, that had to help HH escape. And the calm demeanor of RR's coach telling her to keep doing what she was doing? I thought that was sooooo wrong..... even if HH escapes, if you press inside you gotta believe RR would have taken less punches... I scratched my head through the hole thing... why box with a boxer with a reach advantage by staying in her wheelhouse????

Comment

• Trapology
        • Jan 2007

Yeah its the coaching. But it also has to do with how limited rousey really is

People say she had a bad game plan but her game plan was executed perfectly and it failed. All 12 girls she rushed into a clinch got a take down and finished them for the most part. That doesnt work when if nothing else the person youre fighting has footwork 100x better then you

Rousey needs to learn other take downs and much better head and foot movement
        Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• MindlessWork
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Nigbo
          Yeah its the coaching. But it also has to do with how limited rousey really is

People say she had a bad game plan but her game plan was executed perfectly and it failed. All 12 girls she rushed into a clinch got a take down and finished them for the most part. That doesnt work when if nothing else the person youre fighting has footwork 100x better then you

Rousey needs to learn other take downs and much better head and foot movement
          Good observation and I am sure she will learn from this so that the same mistakes won't be made. Also Ronda allowed her cockiness to cloud her judgment to boot.
          “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• Trapology
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by MindlessWork
            Good observation and I am sure she will learn from this so that the same mistakes won't be made. Also Ronda allowed her cockiness to cloud her judgment to boot.
            Yeah but at the same time its the job of the people around you to keep you humble, you can act like an ass in public all you want but the people on the gym have to at least keep your training grounded
            Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• MR. BMJ
              • Apr 2006

If you look at some of her previous fights, the opponents did well when they pressured her on the stand-up and moved around. As soon as they stopped their feet movement, she took them down or landed a big punch on them. Even the ones who planned on keeping it standing, they eventually left their game plan and she took advantage of them. HH kept to her plan and she learned to defend the takedown and she also is physically fit and strong to add on to everything else.

I think HH was prepared for the fight, but I think she will be even better the next time they fight, regardless of how better prepared RR is...IMO, HH will be even stronger in the rematch, the question mark will be what RR will bring and learn from in this first fight.
              Last edited by MR. BMJ; 11-20-2015, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Glycomann

Comment

• Trapology
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Glycomann
                  which part am i paying attention too? its 2 hours long

Comment

• blm
                    Vet
                    • Feb 2015

Lmao @ the mental midget comparing Rouseys defeat to the falling of the World Trade Center.

Comment

• Glycomann

which part am i paying attention too? its 2 hours long
                      Use you preferences. If you think it's useful, entertaining or informative to listen to Rogan and White then listen. If not then don't. What combat sports do you do?

Comment

• Trapology
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Glycomann
                        Use you preferences. If you think it's useful, entertaining or informative to listen to Rogan and White then listen. If not then don't. What combat sports do you do?
                        O ok my bad youre just positing it to post it. i though there was a certain part about the rousey fight since you posted it in this thread

both boxing and mma

Comment

• beast
                          Vet
                          • Mar 2010

I don't think she deserves an immediate rematch. She had nothing for Holly. I think she should work back up the ranks line they all do unless it's a 5 round war and a tough decision.
                          Beast doesn't condone the use of any drugs without the proper script from a doctor. Everything said by Beast is for entertainment purposes only and mostly bullshit!

Comment

• Scott21
                            VET
                            • Oct 2007

Her coach is an idiot but there arnt many coaches who could help rousey. She needs to revamp her entire game.

The judo throw is easily defended as holm showed but none of the other girls had camps who cared to really help them. Holm is the first real fighter she fought who was competent to be patient and execute a game plan and it showed

I've known her Coach for 17 years, he was a kid who was a great kick boxer. He never had any MMA experience that I recall so I don't know how he got into coaching her. She had absolutely no idea how to fight a southpaw, you cannot square up with a southpaw who has a great straight left cross, that was a grave mistake, her, and her coach should have caught.

Comment

Working...