Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > MMA Talk
User Name
Password

Old 11-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
bufbiker

Rousey Beaten

Finally someone cleaned her clock. She's talking about retirement now. It must still hurt. Respect to her and Holmes.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
Would hit
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:24 AM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
It was a very good kick she took.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
bufbiker

Yeah, I think it would have knocked out most people, man or woman.
The rematch should be pretty good, unless Holm just has Rouseu's number now.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:44 AM   #5
Trapology

Trapology will become famous soon enoughTrapology will become famous soon enough
Rouseys only chance is the take down, and holm worked out of all of those
She cant beat holm
Old 11-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #6
clutchitalian

clutchitalian is a glorious beacon of lightclutchitalian is a glorious beacon of lightclutchitalian is a glorious beacon of lightclutchitalian is a glorious beacon of lightclutchitalian is a glorious beacon of light
no way!! i never thought shed lose...i bet mayweather has a lot of jokes coming......
clutchitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #7
JDUB
Vet

JDUB will become famous soon enoughJDUB will become famous soon enough
holly punched her ass a ton.....she was hurting after the 1st round.

she hasn't been exposed to that..
Old 11-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #8
choke

That was a helluva fight; however RR needs to fire her coach. The guy is such a narcissist that he wasn't even able to tell her between rounds that she was getting her ass kicked. He also has a record of messing up great fighters, insofar as he tweaks them to fight his style of fight; as opposed to what they're bodies are inclined to do.

As much as I dislike Jackson, he finds the formula for each individual fighter, and accentuates their natural abilities. RR was totally out of her depth. She looked confused from the start. She standing straight up like a judoka, no head movement, no angles, nothing. RR is a Judo expert.

HH is a striking expert. She already had the instincts to strike after 20 years of training. Adding kicks to her instincts was nothing. She had the explosiveness, and most importantly she had the timing. Add enough counter grappling, and you have a great combination that plays to her strengths.

So why RR's coach told her to fight HH game is beyond me.

Regardless, it was a great fight. No intent to take anything away from either fighter. Hopefully RR learns from this and brings it back to the cage. Male fighters and our ego's can learn a lot from the felines in our midst. Specifically, a reminder just exactly how important the basics are.

RR on her win streak, nothing but basics. HH, nothing but basics.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #9
Trapology

Trapology will become famous soon enoughTrapology will become famous soon enough
Her coach is an idiot but there arnt many coaches who could help rousey. She needs to revamp her entire game.

The judo throw is easily defended as holm showed but none of the other girls had camps who cared to really help them. Holm is the first real fighter she fought who was competent to be patient and execute a game plan and it showed
Old 11-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #10
Glycomann

RR's coach declared bankrupcy 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure he's fu%%ing her. Looks like home life is a shambles. Looked to me like she was out of shape at the weigh in. Her uchi mata entry looked like 50% speed. She was not there and got her ass beat. Simple as that.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:16 PM   #11
Dawgpound_Hank

I think RR will win the rematch. IMO, with her uber-ego, she got tired of hearing all the buzz about how Holm was such a great boxer, and stupidly decided to try to beat her at her own game. Obviously a huge mistake. Yeah it went to the mat couple times briefly, and Holly did a good job escaping that arm bar attempt. But next time, RR will realize what her bread & butter is, that she can't beat Holly at her own game, and she will force the fight to take place on the mat - and she will win there. JMT.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:48 PM   #12
Trapology

I dont see it...its not really like thats all she was doing, she tried to work her way in plenty of times, part of working your way inside requires you to throw punches.

If shes gonna win she needs to learn more take downs that dont include clinching
Old 11-17-2015, 06:00 AM   #13
choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
RR's coach declared bankrupcy 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure he's fu%%ing her. Looks like home life is a shambles. Looked to me like she was out of shape at the weigh in. Her uchi mata entry looked like 50% speed. She was not there and got her ass beat. Simple as that.
I heard that about her coach and bankruptcy. Gotta wonder how that happened considering that she's made enough money to have paid him a fair chunk. No matter, he needs to go.

I was wondering about your thoughts on her entry being a Judo guy. The approach looked not only half speed, but straight up white belt level. At that point in the fight, she was toast however.

The thing I think that I'm most surprised by is the cognitive dissonance that seemed to be present. She was almost robotic in her comments about how prepared she was; almost as if she was convinced by sheer brainwashing. And for that dumb ass to be telling her between rounds that she's doing great. WTH?

I have to say that I hope she does get her head right and come back. In the mean time, it will be good to see HH get tested. She's probably one of the first fighters to use true boxing as a base. That in of itself isn't ground breaking for MMA, but the instincts for accuracy and timing does make the approach unique. That kick that ended the fight was instinct. So in a sense, she's as unique in her approach, as Rousey was with her Judo approach.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:16 AM   #14
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
I gotta say I loved it!!! Rousey was outclassed on the feet big time. She started believing in her own hype and a holly a professional boxer set her straight

I agree though RR didn't look herself from the walk out
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:26 PM   #15
JDUB
Vet

JDUB will become famous soon enoughJDUB will become famous soon enough
If RR wins a rematch its because she figured out how to defend herself...she got beat up before the kick