Routine advice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STEELADDICTION

Routine advice

Still doing a lot of research for changing my routine and overcoming the flat spot I have hit. I still plan on working out 5 on and 2 off working a different area each day. Just trying do decide on sticking with 4 sets with reps of 8,6,4,2 increasing 20lbs each set or a 5X5 routine 5 sets with 5 reps of the same weight. Or the lastest I have read, Chad Waterbury's 10X3 routine, 10 sets with 3 reps of the same weight. Any feedback Of what others have tried would be appreciated.
  • BigSickD
    Vet
    • May 2004

I don't follow any of that guidline stuff, I go by feel. Usually doing 4-5 sets on each exercise and rep range the most 15 the least 5-6.. Different exercises mean different rep and sets range.
    BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• rado

Originally posted by STEELADDICTION
      Still doing a lot of research for changing my routine and overcoming the flat spot I have hit. I still plan on working out 5 on and 2 off working a different area each day. Just trying do decide on sticking with 4 sets with reps of 8,6,4,2 increasing 20lbs each set or a 5X5 routine 5 sets with 5 reps of the same weight. Or the lastest I have read, Chad Waterbury's 10X3 routine, 10 sets with 3 reps of the same weight. Any feedback Of what others have tried would be appreciated.
      Are you looking for strength or definition?

That makes a huge difference on your training regimen.

Comment

• STEELADDICTION

Originally posted by BigSickD
        I don't follow any of that guidline stuff, I go by feel. Usually doing 4-5 sets on each exercise and rep range the most 15 the least 5-6.. Different exercises mean different rep and sets range.

In the past I always have switched up exercises, sets and reps. Lately my different efforts have done little. My old gym has also closed leaving me without my workout brother to push me and pull the weights off me. Still haven't met many people at new gym, not to many of them workout at 4:30am. My goal is mass and strength. Going heavy and forced reps have kept me growing until now. Without a workout partner I don't want to lift something I can't put back on a rack. Looking for something I can do on my own and still grow.

Comment

• Deacon
          Vet
          • Jan 2005

when I hit a flat spot with my heavy low rep workouts I go to the same weight but 6-10 reps - it is hard at first but really allows me to get some new growth and after a month or two I am ready to go back to more power bodybuilding and I am stronger this next time.
          Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
          "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

Working...