NSAIDS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DragonRider

NSAIDS

I'm curious if anyone other than me is on some kind of NSAID such as Ibuprofen or Naproxen Sodium (Aleve) 365 days a year due to chronic pain in either their shoulders, elbows or knees?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I use Ibuprofen nearly everyday.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Scotsmark
      VET
      • Apr 2005

Guys, NSAIDs do not promote healing, I'd suggest reading Dr Michael Colgan's book Spiorts Nutrition Guide, theres a section on glucosamine near the back, he also explains how he healed a busted knee naturally.

Comment

• Jester
        VET
        • May 2004

all NSAIDs do is control inflamation... that's it.
        I took Ibuprofen daily for years..... ended up in the emergency room projectile-puking up blood like the Linda Blair in the Excorcist.
        Peptic Ulcer about the size of a dime.
        Take sparingly... and take with food.... that's all I got to say.

Comment

• DragonRider

Originally posted by Scotsmark
          Guys, NSAIDs do not promote healing, I'd suggest reading Dr Michael Colgan's book Spiorts Nutrition Guide, theres a section on glucosamine near the back, he also explains how he healed a busted knee naturally.
          I agree with your point about healing. My problem is, I've used glucosamine and condroiten at twice the recommended levels and they did nothing whatsoever for my pain. I began to think the only people who would continue to recommend them were people who really didn't know what pain was or people who wanted to see you continue to suffer.

Comment

• Trapology
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by liftsiron
            I use Ibuprofen nearly everyday.
            What makes u like ibuprofen over anything else?
            Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Nigbo
              What makes u like ibuprofen over anything else?
              Effective and not as harsh as some.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Trapology
                • Jan 2007

Effective and not as harsh as some.
                Would u use this over script strength tylenol? A huge misfortune to my friend netted me 300 of them. So thats what I had been using prior to this
                Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• liftsiron
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2003

Would u use this over script strength tylenol? A huge misfortune to my friend netted me 300 of them. So thats what I had been using prior to this
                  I would never use tylenol peroid. It hasn't any anti inflammatory action and is EXTREMELY harsh to the liver, I would feel safer taking d-bol everyday. Thousands die every year from liver failure due to tylenol.
                  ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Trapology
                    • Jan 2007

I would never use tylenol peroid. It hasn't any anti inflammatory action and is EXTREMELY harsh to the liver, I would feel safer taking d-bol everyday. Thousands die every year from liver failure due to tylenol.

Wow...if its so harmful why is it still around?

I knew tylenol didnt exactly have anti inflammatory properties but it seemed to work well for me

Comment

• liftsiron
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2003

Wow...if its so harmful why is it still around?

I knew tylenol didnt exactly have anti inflammatory properties but it seemed to work well for me
                      Because the pharm company that produces tylenol, has a powerful Washington lobby. It's not about how safe a drug is, it's about how much money it generates.
                      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Trapology
                        • Jan 2007

Because the pharm company that produces tylenol, has a powerful Washington lobby. It's not about how safe a drug is, it's about how much money it generates.
                        All that is understandable, I didnt think they had such a big roll in politics

Comment

• liftsiron
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2003

For years drug and oil companies along with wall street have controlled Washington.
                          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Jester
                            VET
                            • May 2004

ha... you would think the petroleum industry is the biggest money maker in the US... not.
                            It pales in comparison to the pharm industry.
                            Wonder why you never hear that on the news?
                            Oh yeah.... pharm companies pay for more advertisement... my bad.

Comment

• DADAWG
                              Vet
                              • May 2004

i have taken my share of " supplements " in my day and the ONLY bad liver enzyme test i ever had was with no supplements. i was sick with the flu and takeing over the counter flu meds with tylenol in them. my enzyme levels were through the roofand the ER doctor said it was very common lol. money talks and thats why its still around.
                              NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

Comment

Working...