Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • millenium girl
    • Apr 2006

Vegan

As you know (or not), I have been a vegetarian since the 80's and started eating vegan 6 months ago. My goal is to stay healthy and lean. Just wondering if there are other vegans here and what their diet is like.
    Don't forget to join
    http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
    http://www.basskilleronline.com
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Good luck MG, true vegans are among the most unhealthiest people that I see at the gym and elsewhere.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Big B
      Banned
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by liftsiron
      Good luck MG, true vegans are among the most unhealthiest people that I see at the gym and elsewhere.
      Amen. Simply put, they're either soft or skinny fat. Just look for yourself and you'll see. That's all I ever see with the many I know who are vegans...

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Big B
        Amen. Simply put, they're either soft or skinny fat. Just look for yourself and you'll see. That's all I ever see with the many I know who are vegans...
        Took the words right out of my mouth. Meat has nutrients you will not get from non animal sources. Protein being a hugely important macro, and plant protein is not better nor the same. I have a human body magazine that talks about this stuff. It says one cannot expect to stay healthy by dropping any source of important macro nutrients.

Comment

• Dakota
          VET
          • Feb 2017

There is a reason you don't see people trying to make ribeye taste like a carrot. Veganism is over the top imo, too far removed from what nature intended for an omnivore.
          The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

MG you must be a farting machine with all them beans for protein girlie.

Comment

• Darkness
              • Apr 2011

I have a sibling who decided that themselves and their spouse and children should all be vegan. They are now all round, soft, skinny-fat people with distended bellies and they are sick all the time. The teen age boys are growing tits. They are all now hypochondriancs.

Wow what a great idea.

You wanna know how I know God wants me to eat meat? Look at your front teeth in the mirror and also notice those incisor teeth beside it. They are for meat tearing, not soy chewing.

Have a nice day.

Comment

• Tat2dluvchylde
                VET
                • Dec 2018

My ex is Vegan. Hard to find non wheat or soy based proteins that aren’t carb heavy. I switch up my protein sources as I do get bored. First instance last night I had Morning Star’s vegan “pulled pork.” About 70g of protein per bag maybe 9g of carbs 9g fat for the entire bag. Cooked up some baby bella’s and some broccoli. Added in a sweet potato and was fucking stuffed. I’m not good with the wheat based proteins as I get too bloated from them but a high protein vegan diet is possible without having to rely on legumes etc....

Comment

• Dakota
                  VET
                  • Feb 2017

The very fact that one has to go through such extraordinary measures to eat vegan and stay alive should be proof enough that it isn't how we were designed. If it were not for the unbelievable infrastructure of the modern world how would one survive a vegan lifestyle? No soy, even growing your own wheat would be so labor intensive you would be in calorie deficit growing, thrashing, milling and cooking it. Meat is calorie dense compared to many foods especially fatty meats. Meat is also nutrient dense as you get concentrated nutrients from the food the animal ate. Many vegetarians don't look well but I admit there have been some successful ovo lacto vegetarian BBs. Are there any top vegan BBrs? Legit question.

Comment

• Tat2dluvchylde
                    VET
                    • Dec 2018

Seriously legit question!

Comment

• Big B
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Dakota
                      The very fact that one has to go through such extraordinary measures to eat vegan and stay alive should be proof enough that it isn't how we were designed. If it were not for the unbelievable infrastructure of the modern world how would one survive a vegan lifestyle? No soy, even growing your own wheat would be so labor intensive you would be in calorie deficit growing, thrashing, milling and cooking it. Meat is calorie dense compared to many foods especially fatty meats. Meat is also nutrient dense as you get concentrated nutrients from the food the animal ate. Many vegetarians don't look well but I admit there have been some successful ovo lacto vegetarian BBs. Are there any top vegan BBrs? Legit question.
                      I remember reading about this bb who claimed to be vegan in popular muscle mag. He was massive. Don't remember who it was as it was a long time ago. Problem is, he later admit he made his gains off meats bf becoming a vegan

Now, is there truly a bodybuilder who became massive off soy?

Comment

• water43
                        Vet
                        • Mar 2010

I don't really kno what a vegan is or eats
                        the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• Dakota
                          VET
                          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by water43
                          I don't really kno what a vegan is or eats
                          All foods must be completely plant based. No eggs, milk or whey.

Comment

• Big B
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Dakota
                            All foods must be completely plant based. No eggs, milk or whey.

Comment

• b52
                              • Oct 2006

MG how has this worked out for you so far? Is it a struggle to stay lean? I know you've been doing it for quite some time, but what is the reason?

Comment

Working...