X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowJacket

Basal Metabolic Rate For Gaining/Losing Weight

Basal Metabolic Rate for Gaining/Losing Weight
    By YellowJacket

If you're looking to drop some pounds of pure fat naturally, this thread will interest you.

Your basal metabolic rate is the amount of calories it takes you to live on per day. A 2000 calories BMR means you spend 2000 calories a day maintaining your body functions and current weight. The BMR can be manipulated and used as a tool in losing weight (or gaining weight) very easily. There formula is as follows: (Note this is the formula for females, there are two separate formulas, because obviously it takes most women less calories to live on per day as opposed to their male counterparts).

Step 1: Take your height in inches and convert that to centimeters.... to do this, multiply your heigh in inches by 2.54.

Step 2: Take your bodyweight in pounds and convert it to kilograms. To do this, divide your weight by 2.2 (Note: the formula will inevitably be more accurate if you know your lean body mass (LBM) where you would place your LBM in place of your actual weight.)

Step 3: Use the Harris-Benedict Formula which is:
    66 + (13.7 X WT) + (5 X HT) - (6.8 X Age)

* WT = Weight in Kilograms, HT = Height in centimeters.
    Figure the equation and double check yourself, then move on to Step 4.

Step 4: Configure your activity factor.
    Sedentary- ( little to no exercise) X .3
    Moderate - (what most of us probably are) X .5
    Heavy - (extreme trainers, quite rare) X.75
    *Be honest with yourself, which category do you fit in best. The majority of people, male or female are Moderate.
    -Take the final answer in Step 3 and multiply it by your activity factor.

Step 5: Thermic Food effect. This is the thermogenic values certain foods have on your metabolism. Ie. ****y foods will naturally speed up the metabolism. Before you begin this step, take the original number from Step 3 and add it to the number you got in Step 4. Take this new number and Multiply it by .10 The thermic food effect will be equal for everyone.

Step 6: Take the final number in Step 5 and add it to the number you multiplied it by. (BMR + activity factor + thermic food effect) and you have your final Basal Metabolic Rate. I will give an example below in case I lost you.......

Example
    Say you're a 25 year old male, who's 6'0 210 pounds and is moderatly active.
    *Convert your height to inches, which would be 72 inches and then to centimeters (72 x 2.54) = 182.88 centimeters.
    *Convert your weight to kilograms. (210/2.2) = 95.45
    *Plug in your numbers:
    66 + (13.7 X 95.45) + (5 X 182.88) - (6.8 X 25)
    66 + 1,307.67 + 914.4 - 170
    2,354.07 - 170= 2,184.07!

This is your original BMR number. Now you have to take that number (2,184.07) and multiply it by your activity factor, which we said was moderate, so thats .5.

2,184.07(.5)= 1,092.04. This is your activity factor caloric expenditure. So you must add this to your original BMR number.

2184.07 + 1,092.04 = 3,276.1. Now on to the final step which is figuring in your thermic food effect. You take this new number and multiply it by .10.

3,276.1(.10) = 327.61. Now you add this new number to the previous number:

3,276.1 + 327.61 = 3,603.71 This is your basal metabolic rate.

So what does this mean? Well we know that 3500 calories equals one pound of fat. So, if you want to lose 1 pound of pure fat a week take your BMR #, 3,603.71 and substract 500 from it and you get 3,103.71. So why 500 calories? A 500 calorie decrease from your daily caloric intake will equal 3500 calories in 1 week. 500 x 7 = 3500 calories. You would beed to consume 3,103.71 calories a day to lose 1 pound of fat a week.... but this is without any cardio or any supplement benefits.

So by adding green tea, caffeine, ephedrine, clen, etc. you're obviously going to expend more calories thus speeding up your basal metabolic rate.

You must be careful not to put yourself in a great deficiency and then do all your cardio and include a fat burner/stimulant. Then becomes a risk of burning muscle, which we all know in our sport is the devil.

I apologize if this is a slap to anyone's face, as its fairly simple. I have seen in person hundreds of people benefit from this formula, this ranges from soccer players, to bodybuilders to older men and women just wanting to lose weight.

**One can also use this same formula to pack on the pounds with a bulking diet. Although I wouldnt not add 500 calories to your BMR in fear of too much fat gain, I would add between 250-350 calories excess to it and if you're a hardgainer, you can add 400+ or even the 500 if you wish. Use this formula to your advantage.

If anyone has problems with this or would like me to double check your final answer, Id be happy to....

Thank you for your time,

YJ
  • Farm Boy

thats a very good read, it kind of follows the lines that John Berardi did for his "massive eating plan".

Comment

• bruster

if you would yellowjacket

Originally posted by YellowJacket
      Basal Metabolic Rate for Gaining/Losing Weight
      By YellowJacket

If you're looking to drop some pounds of pure fat naturally, this thread will interest you.

Your basal metabolic rate is the amount of calories it takes you to live on per day. A 2000 calories BMR means you spend 2000 calories a day maintaining your body functions and current weight. The BMR can be manipulated and used as a tool in losing weight (or gaining weight) very easily. There formula is as follows: (Note this is the formula for females, there are two separate formulas, because obviously it takes most women less calories to live on per day as opposed to their male counterparts).

Step 1: Take your height in inches and convert that to centimeters.... to do this, multiply your heigh in inches by 2.54.

Step 2: Take your bodyweight in pounds and convert it to kilograms. To do this, divide your weight by 2.2 (Note: the formula will inevitably be more accurate if you know your lean body mass (LBM) where you would place your LBM in place of your actual weight.)

Step 3: Use the Harris-Benedict Formula which is:
      66 + (13.7 X WT) + (5 X HT) - (6.8 X Age)

* WT = Weight in Kilograms, HT = Height in centimeters.
      Figure the equation and double check yourself, then move on to Step 4.

Step 4: Configure your activity factor.
      Sedentary- ( little to no exercise) X .3
      Moderate - (what most of us probably are) X .5
      Heavy - (extreme trainers, quite rare) X.75
      *Be honest with yourself, which category do you fit in best. The majority of people, male or female are Moderate.
      -Take the final answer in Step 3 and multiply it by your activity factor.

Step 5: Thermic Food effect. This is the thermogenic values certain foods have on your metabolism. Ie. ****y foods will naturally speed up the metabolism. Before you begin this step, take the original number from Step 3 and add it to the number you got in Step 4. Take this new number and Multiply it by .10 The thermic food effect will be equal for everyone.

Step 6: Take the final number in Step 5 and add it to the number you multiplied it by. (BMR + activity factor + thermic food effect) and you have your final Basal Metabolic Rate. I will give an example below in case I lost you.......

Example
      Say you're a 25 year old male, who's 6'0 210 pounds and is moderatly active.
      *Convert your height to inches, which would be 72 inches and then to centimeters (72 x 2.54) = 182.88 centimeters.
      *Convert your weight to kilograms. (210/2.2) = 95.45
      *Plug in your numbers:
      66 + (13.7 X 95.45) + (5 X 182.88) - (6.8 X 25)
      66 + 1,307.67 + 914.4 - 170
      2,354.07 - 170= 2,184.07!

This is your original BMR number. Now you have to take that number (2,184.07) and multiply it by your activity factor, which we said was moderate, so thats .5.

2,184.07(.5)= 1,092.04. This is your activity factor caloric expenditure. So you must add this to your original BMR number.

2184.07 + 1,092.04 = 3,276.1. Now on to the final step which is figuring in your thermic food effect. You take this new number and multiply it by .10.

3,276.1(.10) = 327.61. Now you add this new number to the previous number:

3,276.1 + 327.61 = 3,603.71 This is your basal metabolic rate.

So what does this mean? Well we know that 3500 calories equals one pound of fat. So, if you want to lose 1 pound of pure fat a week take your BMR #, 3,603.71 and substract 500 from it and you get 3,103.71. So why 500 calories? A 500 calorie decrease from your daily caloric intake will equal 3500 calories in 1 week. 500 x 7 = 3500 calories. You would beed to consume 3,103.71 calories a day to lose 1 pound of fat a week.... but this is without any cardio or any supplement benefits.

So by adding green tea, caffeine, ephedrine, clen, etc. you're obviously going to expend more calories thus speeding up your basal metabolic rate.

You must be careful not to put yourself in a great deficiency and then do all your cardio and include a fat burner/stimulant. Then becomes a risk of burning muscle, which we all know in our sport is the devil.

I apologize if this is a slap to anyone's face, as its fairly simple. I have seen in person hundreds of people benefit from this formula, this ranges from soccer players, to bodybuilders to older men and women just wanting to lose weight.

**One can also use this same formula to pack on the pounds with a bulking diet. Although I wouldnt not add 500 calories to your BMR in fear of too much fat gain, I would add between 250-350 calories excess to it and if you're a hardgainer, you can add 400+ or even the 500 if you wish. Use this formula to your advantage.

If anyone has problems with this or would like me to double check your final answer, Id be happy to....

Thank you for your time,

YJ
      i'd like you to check my answer if you would...i'm 20yrs,5'7 1/2 " 185lbs

Comment

Working...