X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cruci
    Vet
    • Nov 2006

Update on my back

Well as a lot of you know I have had issues with my back (inflamed bursa sac on my left shoulder blade) that I have tried everything to fix. I tried physical therapy, ice/heat, deep tissue massage, Swedish massage, Thai massages, electro stimulus, oral and injectable anti-inflammitories, acupuncture and orthoscopic surgery on it. As of yet, NOTHING. I have been to the emergency room for flair ups to where I could hardly walk THREE times in the past 6 months or so. Doctors are baffled, and my last orthopedist actually told me that she gave up.

Well, after another flair up a few weeks ago I went to the hospital again and they gave me some muscle relaxers and shit. But that ain't going to do anything other than calm the symptoms, and I want to fix the problem.

After leaving the ER I stopped by this Chiropractor that is near my house and explained the situation and all the pain that I have been in for years and that doctors have no idea what is causing it.

They took a bunch of xrays and showed me what the problem is. See regular doctors are only trained to look at a spine and look for breaks, slipped disks, etc, but Chiropractors look at things a bit more in detail.

I came into this skeptical (as I am with everything) not sure if it would help, but I have tried EVERYTHING ELSE so I figured what the hell.

Within a week of treatment I have made a shitload of improvement. My back feels better than it ever has in the past few years. Now it has been three weeks and the pain has subsided about 80-90%!!!!!

I also noticed other side effects that I didn't expect. Better mood, sleeping better, and to top it off my sex drive is through the roof (as if I wasn't a perv enough beforehand lol.)

You always hear these doctors say that Chiropractors are scam artists, and yet these guys just want to throw a pill at you and send you on your way (after collecting a nice chunk of change from your insurance company and getting your copay for a 10 minute office visit.)

Well those docs can eat shit. I wish I had done this years ago. The doc told me that MAYBE I can start light lifting in a few weeks, but he wants to give it some time to make sure everything is ok so that I don't hurt myself again. I am FUCKING PSYCHED, I miss the gym like you can't imagine. Cardio only is boring as hell, I WANT WEIGHTS BACK!

There is something to be said for eastern/holistic medicine, and I think that we need to start implementing this into modern medicine in addition to western style medical practices.

I will keep you posted.
    Last edited by Cruci; 04-01-2009, 07:13 AM.
    Cruci is a fictional character. He does not use or participate in any distribution of any illegal substance, nor will he make referrals/source checks. You might think that this is some sort of ruse because I am a moderator on here simply trying to cover my ass, but just because I know how to correct a cycle from a clueless dolt who knows nothing of what he is putting in his body (because I know how to read,) I seriously do not get involved with any illegal substances in any way shape or form. I do however believe that it is your right to use them, but I won't help you acquire them. If you send me a PM asking where to buy steroids or to refer you to a source, I will call you a dumbass and tell you to learn to read. Then I will mushroom stamp your sister.
  • JrMaFia
    BANNED for being a JETS fan
    • Oct 2007

I know a bunch of bbers that swear by chiropracters. I have the number for one and am going to use him next time my back hurts from pulling it out. THey fix the problem instead of prescirbing u pain medicine like a doctor would do.
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
    Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever !
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
    Cassidy: Crue!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Yeah!
    Cassidy: Def Lep!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.
    Cassidy: Like theres something wrong, why not just have a good time?
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.

Comment

• Thate
      Vet
      • Mar 2007

yeah vj always says that chiros are scam artists

I had one save me a few months ago, life savers imo.

Comment

• Scotsmark
        VET
        • Apr 2005

That's great news, Cruci, I had problems with my neck & shoulder back in 2000. As I never suffered any recent trauma, the doc prescribed NSAIDs (which I can't take), painkillers (which I don't agree with unless I am in agony) and physiotherapy (which was 4-6 weeks away). It never got better and really flared up again in 2007, so I went to see the physiotherapist at my local gym, he pinpointed the area and advised a chiropracter. The chiro sent me for x-rays and they found two of the bones in my neck (C3 & C4) were out of alignment and another one (C6) had an anterior bony spur growing on it, these were the source of the pain, The Chiro asked for a detailed history, including car crashes ever in my life and it was back in 1994 that I suffered a whiplash injury. That's thge other point here, even after more than 13 years the problem still persists, so if any of you guys have been in a wreck as a youngster and walked, keep an eye out for pain from the back of the neck, going under either shoulder blade and down an arm, +/- numbness of the hand or any fingers.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

There are several very good Chiropractors in my area who really know their shit. If my shoulder doesn't clear up real soon, I'm going to make an appointment with one. I've had real good luck in the past.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Indeed! The Chinese know their shit and havent been doing this shit for the past 5000 years for no fucking reason!LOL MD's look at the whole picture more or less as a scientist does...they need PROOF...and anticdotal proof to them doesnt mean dick. But when you have MILLIONS of anecdotals, then that surely speaks for itself. I ran across similar situations as you Cruci in years past with my lumbar. The whole concept behind alternative medicine is that the body is one large network of energy, and there are numerous pathways that can be blocked, not allowing that energy to flow soundly, hence producing pain. Most MD's dont buy that.lol

Oh well...I'm not saying its a either-or scenario when it comes to alternative medicine and conventional...I believe BOTH have a place. I will say that MD's have made SOME progress in their open mindedness to alternative medicine these days compared to years/decades past. In years past, insurance wouldnt even cover a visit to a chiropractor...nowdays most do. I remember the company I worked for didnt cover treatment by a chiropractor in the early 90's...they finally came around in the late 90's, soo.

Comment

• John Benz
              Vet
              • Jan 2004

Cruci, I couldn't agree more! At age 17, I was in a diving contest, and arched too far forward on a pike 1 1/2 with a twist. I felt a snap and the next day, I had a lump the size of one third of a golf ball in my lower back. After it lingered for about a week, my family doctor recommended I go to an orthopedic surgeon. I sought out the best in the area, Dr Geonestres, who told me he could help me through surgery, but recommended I learn to live with it through excercise and pain management. Told me I would have the lump all my life, but my lower back strength would be greater sans surgery. He warned me against chiropractors... "quacks, who can only make it worse." Well, after about 6 months of chronic pain, I went to Doctor Flowers, a renowned local chiropractor. He put a heating pad on me for a half an hour, came back and cracked my back this way and that way on his adjustable bed, and I paid him his $25, and left mad as hell as I hurt worse than when I walked in his office. Imagine my surprise the following day, when I woke up and the pain and the lump were gone. Psychosomatic? I don't think so, as I was absolutely sure I was not healed and it was a total surprise.

I took my (ex) wife to his (Geonestres) hand-picked protege many years later, with a ruptured disk. We talked about all this and the surgeon, Alfred Kahn III, world renowned for spinal deformity surgery assured me it was impossible, and that lump must have been imaginary.

Comment

• Scotsmark
                VET
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by John Benz
                Cruci, I couldn't agree more! At age 17, I was in a diving contest, and arched too far forward on a pike 1 1/2 with a twist. I felt a snap and the next day, I had a lump the size of one third of a golf ball in my lower back. After it lingered for about a week, my family doctor recommended I go to an orthopedic surgeon. I sought out the best in the area, Dr Geonestres, who told me he could help me through surgery, but recommended I learn to live with it through excercise and pain management. Told me I would have the lump all my life, but my lower back strength would be greater sans surgery. He warned me against chiropractors... "quacks, who can only make it worse." Well, after about 6 months of chronic pain, I went to Doctor Flowers, a renowned local chiropractor. He put a heating pad on me for a half an hour, came back and cracked my back this way and that way on his adjustable bed, and I paid him his $25, and left mad as hell as I hurt worse than when I walked in his office. Imagine my surprise the following day, when I woke up and the pain and the lump were gone. Psychosomatic? I don't think so, as I was absolutely sure I was not healed and it was a total surprise.

I took my (ex) wife to his (Geonestres) hand-picked protege many years later, with a ruptured disk. We talked about all this and the surgeon, Alfred Kahn III, world renowned for spinal deformity surgery assured me it was impossible, and that lump must have been imaginary.
                Just like an imaginary friend but one that's there for everyboby to see!

Comment

• Cruci
                  Vet
                  • Nov 2006

Hahahaha, its funny when docs give "no credibility" to eastern medicine even after they see the results.

Random question though, we didn't have a diving team at my school, how the hell do they judge that? Does everyone have to do the same dive or something?
                  Cruci is a fictional character. He does not use or participate in any distribution of any illegal substance, nor will he make referrals/source checks. You might think that this is some sort of ruse because I am a moderator on here simply trying to cover my ass, but just because I know how to correct a cycle from a clueless dolt who knows nothing of what he is putting in his body (because I know how to read,) I seriously do not get involved with any illegal substances in any way shape or form. I do however believe that it is your right to use them, but I won't help you acquire them. If you send me a PM asking where to buy steroids or to refer you to a source, I will call you a dumbass and tell you to learn to read. Then I will mushroom stamp your sister.

Comment

• mrhtbd

Wow, that's great news, Cruci.
                    Some good news for a change.

Comment

• John Benz
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cruci
                      Random question though, we didn't have a diving team at my school, how the hell do they judge that? Does everyone have to do the same dive or something?
                      cruci, it wasn't a school team...we didn't have a diving team at school. It was a regional meet sponsored by the local park board at the big outdoor pool. Dives were judged on the Olympic point system combining points for difficulty of dive and points for execution, so a perfectly executed 1 1/2 could beat a sloppy triple flip or 2 1/2 with a twist.

Comment

• Thate
                        Vet
                        • Mar 2007

just had a realignment wed, brand new again

Comment

• 5plates
                          Vet
                          • Aug 2007

I have had several back surgeries, the first when i was 17. i have been plagued by back spasms and sciatica my whole life. started going to a chiro a few years ago and never had a problem that got really bad since! Gotta be careful who u go too there are some bad ones out there, so do ur homework first! Also, doing hanging leg raises or anything that puts traction on ur back does wonders for alignment!

Comment

• Cruci
                            Vet
                            • Nov 2006

cruci, it wasn't a school team...we didn't have a diving team at school. It was a regional meet sponsored by the local park board at the big outdoor pool. Dives were judged on the Olympic point system combining points for difficulty of dive and points for execution, so a perfectly executed 1 1/2 could beat a sloppy triple flip or 2 1/2 with a twist.
                            Thats pretty cool. I probably would of done something like that if we had it where I grew up.

Comment

• Cruci
                              Vet
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by 5plates
                              I have had several back surgeries, the first when i was 17. i have been plagued by back spasms and sciatica my whole life. started going to a chiro a few years ago and never had a problem that got really bad since! Gotta be careful who u go too there are some bad ones out there, so do ur homework first! Also, doing hanging leg raises or anything that puts traction on ur back does wonders for alignment!
                              These guys are legit. In fact, since my insurance was trying to fuck me on this, they cut the price down about 70% from what they charge (I saw the prices in the book myself.)

They are also helping me with the paperwork I need to get the VA cover this.

Comment

Working...