Shopping for a new PC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rorouni777

I have owned a couple of Dell PCs before and had mixed results. I need to replace my current one on a budget and I have been pretty impressed with eMachines products. On their website they list the prices w/o a monitor, but your local Best Buy will hook you up with a pretty fair package for under a grand.

Comment

• mpresiv

Originally posted by rorouni777
      I have owned a couple of Dell PCs before and had mixed results. I need to replace my current one on a budget and I have been pretty impressed with eMachines products. On their website they list the prices w/o a monitor, but your local Best Buy will hook you up with a pretty fair package for under a grand.
      No way will I ever spend one grand on a PC. These days you can get a VERY well equiped PC for under $600-700. I guess it all comes down to what you plan on doing with it. Also I wouldnt buy something for the same price without a monitor, then having to go shop around for a decent monitor to buy. I'll go to Dell and buy everything for $599. 17 in flat panel monitor included. Good deal IMO

Comment

• antihero
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mpresiv
        No way will I ever spend one grand on a PC. These days you can get a VERY well equiped PC for under $600-700. I guess it all comes down to what you plan on doing with it. Also I wouldnt buy something for the same price without a monitor, then having to go shop around for a decent monitor to buy. I'll go to Dell and buy everything for $599. 17 in flat panel monitor included. Good deal IMO

good luck....i hope you speak indian....

Comment

• Bellina

you get what you pay for so if you take the easy way out expect to get a hunk of shit...

Comment

• antihero
            • Jul 2007

you might need one of these....

Comment

• mpresiv

lol....

Comment

• goes4ever
                • Sep 2004

naw.........I got one, so does my mom, and best friend, no problem with ours. I would recommend dell to anyone

Comment

• entrigan

I personaly haven't had to many problems with dell. I have a few friends that their pc seem to brake every 2 min. Take a look what your getting compair it to the other ads. Is the processor a celron or straight up Intel. Do you get XP home or XP Pro. things like this can make a difference in your choice. If dell offers the best deal i'd say go for it. Now as for service this is where the Compainies loose people. Most the time first line of service reads from a book as to how to fix your pc. So if you have a problem just make sure it's broke lol. The last time I called Dell was call was last week. The hard drive crashed on this laptop here. Dell wanted me to go and install the operating system you know the standard book bs. Well someone (not me lol) made sure the HD was broke before I called. That made things easier and they sent a tech. here to replace the droped I mean broken HD lol.

Comment

• skullsmasher

you can probly fix your PC man, depends on what it is but, you can I bet.

Comment

• mpresiv

Well to give everyone an update I went with the Dell. I got it yesterday and I'm very happy with it. If it doesnt give me trouble in the future I"m going to love it. I love the 17in flat panel monitor. PB is looking great with it!! lol

Comment

Working...