irongirl's off season journal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irongirl

irongirl's off season journal

Yup, that's right, another journal I do best when I have one. Tonight was the first training session since the competition. So, the first workout in 13 days. And it felt awesome!!!! I dropped back on the weight just a tad cause I didn't know how I was going to feel, but there was no need. I am still doing DC training.

Flat DB bench press....35 x 10/9/6

DB shoulder press....30 x 8/5/4

Close grip bench....80 x 10/8/6

Wide grip lat pulldowns....90 x 8/7/6

T-Bar rows (chest supported)....45 x 8/6/5 God, I HATE this exercise

Well, it'll be back to the weight I normally use next workout. I was really pleased. My body has had quite a rough time readjusting after the show. And I am still retaining fluid. The training will help with that.

I have been doing cardio since 2 days after the show. I plan on 30 minutes 3x/week. I am 160 lbs and that's where I intend to stay. Will be focusing more on conditioning than addng mass.

Meal 1- 250 ml egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 slice FF cheese, 2/3 cup oatmeal/natural wheat bran with 1/4 cup mixed berries

Meal 2- 40 gram protein shake, 1 source yogurt

Meal 3- 1 chicken breast and 1/2 cup brown rice with salsa, 1 low carb WW tortilla, 1/2 cup turnip

Meal 4 -(pre workout) 2/3 cup egg white, 1 whole egg, 1/3 cup oatmeal

Shake during training- 20 grams whey isolate, 30 grams dextrose

PWO shake- 20 grams whey isolate, 30 grams dextrose, 1 tsp CEE

Meal 5 (1 hour later)- 1 chicken breast with salsa, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup turnip

Meal 6 (will have soon)- 2 slices low carb WW bread, 1 can tuna, 2 slices FF cheese (yummmy)

My bad, I didn't take my fish oil caps or flax oil today...ooops
  • goes4ever
    • Sep 2004

looking good as always girl!

Comment

• PTAaron

Looking good... love the new avatar.

Comment

• irongirl

Taken today. 160 lbs. This is the weight I am going to maintain. It's a good weight for me. More focus on conditioning this off season.

Comment

• irongirl

Tonight's training....

DC training, so the appropriate exercises are done rest-paused. I didn't do the stretching tonight though.

BB curls....60 x 8/6/3

Hammer curls....20 x 12

Leg Extensions....50 x 20, 50 x 15, 40 x 20, 40 x 20

SLDL's with 25 lb DB's....5 sets of 8

Squats....90 x 10, 90 x 8, 90 x 6

I am continuing to train my legs with high reps/low weight. Just getting back into squats- haven't done them since probably April. I will be tweaking the leg routine over the next few sessions. I got some awesome help- I gotta run a few things past him.

My knee hurts from the squats. That'll fix itself up in no time.

I don't have my diet from my diet/prep guy- hopefully tomorrow. I am following the last off season diet with some adjustments. It's soooo nice to eat some tasty meals. It uses a lot of John Berardi's recipes which are awesome!

Comment

• irongirl

Oh I did an interview tonight on the local cable station regarding my BB. I live in a small place, so what I do is not the norm for women around here..lol..I am doing whatever I can to promote the sport in this town/province. There will be an articlel in the paper tomorrow too about myself and my good friend Steve (who won the overall at the comp I was in). I'll see if I can scan it and post it for a laugh- if I like it!

Comment

• goes4ever
              • Sep 2004

very cool about the interview, would be interested in seeing that

Comment

• irongirl

Cardio this morning. 30 minutes on elliptical. I alternated going forward for 5 minutes, then backward. Forward at Level 12, backward at Level 10.

Also worked abs- swiss ball crunches and lying leg raises. This is the best day I've felt since the show. I woke up drenched in sweat though- second morning in a row.

Comment

• PTAaron

Thats great about the interview - and nice new pics...

How tall are you by the way?

Night sweats... thats not usually a good thing - if that keeps up you might want to get checked out...

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks Aaron! I am 5'4"

Yeah, the night sweats....I went through that before. I had them almost every night for maybe a couple of months. I would wake up absolutely soaking wet. I had a ream of bloodwork done , chest x-ray, EKG, and everything was normal.

Well, I had my 15 minutes of fame yesterday..lol..my article was in the paper. My friend and I both had our own piece which was cool. And my interview was on TV . I did a good job if I do say so myself. I was very pleased (Yes, I'm bragging, just a little bit )

Comment

• goes4ever
                      • Sep 2004

lets see the interview!!!!!!

Comment

• irongirl

lets see the interview!!!!!!
                        LOL...it's on videotape. How am I gonna do that?

Comment

• goes4ever
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by irongirl
                          Well, I had my 15 minutes of fame yesterday..lol..my article was in the paper. My friend and I both had our own piece which was cool. And my interview was on TV . I did a good job if I do say so myself. I was very pleased (Yes, I'm bragging, just a little bit )
                          you said above it was in the paper.............so I figured they printed what was said...........lol

Comment

• irongirl

you said above it was in the paper.............so I figured they printed what was said...........lol
                            I'm an idiot. I was thinking about the one on TV I'm working today. As soon as I get a chance, I'll scan it and post it. Thanks for your interest g4e

Comment

• irongirl

Oh, cardio this morning x 30 minutes. I am not feeling well today, so I am skipping the training. I'll do it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...