Genetics this genetics that, suck it up.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Genetics this genetics that, suck it up.

I hear this all the time. "I have crappy genetics, his genetics are better than mine that's why he's bigger." No he's bigger because he trains damn hard for it. There is always gunna be someone who is bigger and in better shape than you. Just because your genetics are not as good as some of the gifted guys does not mean you can't get in great shape or get jacked up. I hear so many lazy sons of bitches who train half assed and don't eat good use genetics an excuse. Even if you do train hard and eat good nothing happens over night. You need to be consistent. that is the KEY! Not steroids, not creatine, not no explode etc.

Sure these things help but without a proper baseline you will not achieve anything, and will actually be going backwards. If you eat good, train hard, and rest consistently for a year i guarantee anyone whether you are a hardgainer or not will see significant improvement. It's all about what you wanna put in to get back. Your body will only treat you as good as you treat it. If you're genetics aren't the best you just have to work a little harder . It's all about how bad you want it. So many guys look to steroids and other substances to accomplish their goals, when all they have to do is put in the work and stop being a crybaby.
  • mrhtbd

I get labor pains!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

So true. At the epitome, genetics plays a major role. But not for the other 99% - the guy at the gym shootin' for a local, regional show or just trying to get jacked. Shit I can make a Mr. State outta damn near anybody if they're willing to bust ass, eat right and do what I tell 'em.

Comment

• Pumpitdude
        Vet
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
        if they're willing to bust ass, eat right and do what I tell 'em.
        See this is the problem, could we work around this?

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Andyk5
          See this is the problem, could we work around this?
          Sure...synthol and implants!LOL

Comment

• Joe0690
            Vet
            • Mar 2007

genetics wont stop you from being jacked for sure just how you look like where your muscles insert and orignate you can never change that so you have to just deal with it

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by b52
              I hear this all the time. "I have crappy genetics, his genetics are better than mine that's why he's bigger." No he's bigger because he trains damn hard for it. There is always gunna be someone who is bigger and in better shape than you. Just because your genetics are not as good as some of the gifted guys does not mean you can't get in great shape or get jacked up. I hear so many lazy sons of bitches who train half assed and don't eat good use genetics an excuse. Even if you do train hard and eat good nothing happens over night. You need to be consistent. that is the KEY! Not steroids, not creatine, not no explode etc.

Sure these things help but without a proper baseline you will not achieve anything, and will actually be going backwards. If you eat good, train hard, and rest consistently for a year i guarantee anyone whether you are a hardgainer or not will see significant improvement. It's all about what you wanna put in to get back. Your body will only treat you as good as you treat it. If you're genetics aren't the best you just have to work a little harder . It's all about how bad you want it. So many guys look to steroids and other substances to accomplish their goals, when all they have to do is put in the work and stop being a crybaby.
              Amen brother!
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Joe0690
                genetics wont stop you from being jacked for sure just how you look like where your muscles insert and orignate you can never change that so you have to just deal with it
                Well said! That was my key point of how genetics mainly play a significant role at the top of the game. Unless one has the genetics of a scarecrow, he can build a helluva physique via persistence with hard work and sound nutrition - and later with adding in a little AAS. Even though this guy may have high lats, high biceps, short legs, etc etc...if hes got some decent muscle on him and cut, he can win local shows or regional shows all day long. Its only when he begins to move up the ladder that the "good genetics" gig comes more into play - the muscle shape as you mentioned. And some guys even with BAD muscle shape can reach the top if they are big & ripped enuff. Not all the top guys need to have a "Wheeleresque" physique to compete successfully. Although most of them have to compensate via being extra ripped and dense.

Lets face it, the odds of making it as a pro bb is about as slim as hitting the lotto. Having said that - nobody has a right to use the "bad genetics" cop out. If so, forget bb, get yo ass outta the gym and go take up badminton.lol

Comment

Working...