Pac vs Marg fight tonight!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Pac vs Marg fight tonight!

Lets get ready to rummmmmmmmbbbbbbbbblleeeeeee!

Me and some friends are going in on it...anyone else? At the weigh-in, Pac was only 144.5, Marg was 150. Pac came all the way up to 153 in weeks prior to Clottey, but he said he wants to stay lighter for this fight so he can be fast as possible. Whether that was a mistake or not, we will see. Fight-time Marg will probably be around 158-160 and Pac 145. Pac's a 5-1 favorite, but I REALLY got a bad feeling shit! I dunno why...I can just see a MUCH bigger man with a relentless, coming forward style always throwing punches possibly taking a toll and wearing down Pac in the mid-late rds. Also Pac's been much more involved with his political job during camp for this fight. Fuck I hope I'm wrong. Shane handled Marg easily, but hes a naturally bigger guy than Pac. Marg looks to be in the best shape of his life and his physique looks like its carved of stone.

I HOPE Pac puts a long, punishing hurting on Marg, being homie is a dirty fighter and shouldn't even get the chance to make 3 mil IMO! Loaded gloves...no lower shit than that in the sport! Well, maybe ear-biting is on par.lol
  • basskiller
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003

I must really not being following MMA as much as I thought as I only know about two or three fighters on the entire card
    Owner of
    Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
    basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Tonight Pac weighs 148, Margarito 165. Marg hydrating up a full 15 lbs in 2 days COULD indicate he had a helluva time making weight and/or overtrained. Thats quite alot for this particular weight division. Kinda jives with Roach saying Marg looked severely depleted at the weigh-in...but of course thats a biased opinion!lol

Comment

• Pumpitdude
        Vet
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by basskiller
        I must really not being following MMA as much as I thought as I only know about two or three fighters on the entire card
        Hank is talking about Manny Pacquiao fighting Antonio Margarito in a boxing match.
        Bass you are talking about the Okami-Marquart free UFC mma card from Germany.
        The event beeing free is the reason why you did not know most of the fighters. They are not PPV worthy yet, including the main event dudes, Nate "the not so great" Marquart vs Yushin "Noodlesoup" Okami.

They promote Okami as the last guy to beat Anderson Silva but they never say that it was long time ago, in Hawaii during rumble of the rock and Silva hit Okami with a kick while he was in his guard and Okami gave an Oscar worth performance on getting K'O'ed by that shot in order to disqualify Silva and win the match.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Complete ownage...Pac by unanimous decision. Pac punished him...Margs right eye had major swelling by the 3rd rd and looked wicked throughout the fight pretty much closed shut . Scorecards was 120-109, 118-110, 119-109. I had it 120-107 giving Pac a 10-8 rd in the 10th as he beat him senseless. Rd 4 coulda been a 10-8 rd also just from so many punches landing. Punch-stats had him LANDING 428 punches. One could sense in later rds Pac held back a little from "pity" due to Margs face looking like hamburger and didn't go for the K.O. In the post-fight interview he stated that he did indeed hold back and didn't go for the K.O because of Margs injuries. Fuck I was hoping he would K.O homie after 11 rds of ass whipping haha!

A few times Marg got Pac on the ropes and landed some flush shots. Most of the time Pac got off the ropes fast, however one could notice a few times it looked as if he was "trying to hold his own" and fight back on the ropes. He caught some punches by Marg doing that, and he said after the fight that Marg hurt him in those exchanges. Dude is a class-act, he coulda did like most that win and never admit being hurt. Watching the fight, it certainly was not apparent that he was hurt at any point. However, Pacs face showed he had taken some shots in the fight.

Comment

• Trapology
            • Jan 2007

The over of 9 1/2 was +130 so that was good

I had to imagine they would figure out something to do with his speed but guess not
            Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• DADAWG
              Vet
              • May 2004

due was to fast fofr him . cant hurt him if you cant catch him lol.
              NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Seen on the news Marg had to stay in the hospital Sunday and gonna be operated on Monday. Pac broke his orbital bone. Guess thats why his eye looked to have a tangerine under it from rd 3 on.

Comment

• liftsiron
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2003

Originally posted by basskiller
                  Exactly what I thought.
                  ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Scotsmark
                    VET
                    • Apr 2005

Watched a re-run last night, couldn't stay up for the live show as I'm offshore and had to work Sunday. Paq was awesome, he schooled Marg from the start. Our boss paid for the Haye "fight" and it was shit, Harrison should be on TV presenting childrens' shows, not pretending to be a boxer, fuck, I'd beat him in a fight - any rules!
                    Back to Paq, I think now that, even after saying he "Doesn't need him" I think that Mayweather is the only way for him to go for, possibly, the fight to define boxing.
                    Funny how this was for the light middle weight (super welterweight) title and Paq was the same weight as he was when he fought De la Hoya, just the opponents keep getting bigger and messed up even more. The little guy was outstanding and proved that he can take a punch from a bigger guy.

Comment

• basskiller
                      Administrator
                      • Aug 2003

I just watched the replay of this fight.. Damn.. The 11th round was just plain brutal.. pacquiao was looking to the ref to stop the fight.. Margarito was just taking punishment..
                      I thought Manny letting Antonio finish the fight was pretty upstanding!! He could have totally let loose in the 12th and forced the ref to stop the fight..

To gain 20 some odd lbs to make weight and at the time of the fight still have your opponent weight 17lbs more than you and you totally dominate every single round..
                      Maybe marriweather will finally fight manny..

I was thinking while watching this fight.. being a true boxing fan, I've been very less to have seen the fights I've seen in my years.. Ali, Foreman, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler, Thommy Hearns, Roy Jones jr., Holyfield, Tyson.. among the few
                      Owner of
                      basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Damn anyone see Paul Williams get KNOCKED DA FUCK OUT cold in the live fight after the Pac replay? That left hook had EVERYTHING on it wow!

Comment

• basskiller
                          Administrator
                          • Aug 2003

outrageous!!
                          Owner of
                          basskilleronline.com

Comment

Working...