Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DGibb7

Intermetting fasting diet

hey guys,

I'm curious about the intermetting fasting diet and if anyone has had any good results with it when cutting.
  • goldengirl

Haven't heard anything good on my end - knew people who have done it... hell, I even tried it a couple of times, both healthily and unhealthily.
    It seemed to do more harm than be beneficial. You're way more likely to binge after especially if you like food, and also gain weight easily if you don't keep on track of things after your fast is done.

IMO, I see fasting as more of a "quick fix". You lose a lot of weight in the first few days (water weight) and then it really slows down after that.
    Are you looking to put your body into ketosis?
    There's a ton of information out there on the web so I'd suggest you do as much research as possible. A couple of my favourite articles you should look at (if you haven't already!) are:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm and

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by DGibb7
      hey guys,

I'm curious about the intermetting fasting diet and if anyone has had any good results with it when cutting.
      You still have to limit total calories of course. I know some competitors that report good results with eating all your daily calories in a 12 hour time frame, then go 12 hours w/o food and workout before eating anything.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Mondo
        Banned
        • Dec 2012

I am currently eating one meal a day Mon - Fri with zed carbs and eating "clean" until I'm full on Sat and Sun. I have done this before and have enjoyed the results. This type of regime is more for retired guys like me. Not for someone whose job is even mildly physical.

I tried this once in my early 40's and looked like a 225lb aids victim. But now in my 50's and no business stress anymore, eating like this fits the bill for leaning up, with little mass loss.

Comment

• 2Rhodesians

basically a 7 day keto. are you re-feeding carbs on the weekend or still targeting zero? If you're able to eat like you describe, try a 14 day keto. I ran 2 14 day cycles back to back about 5 years ago and dropped a butt load of BF and retained most of my lean mass. Let me know if you're interested, I have a few articles and lessons learned I can share.

Comment

• Mondo
            Banned
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 2Rhodesians
            basically a 7 day keto. are you re-feeding carbs on the weekend or still targeting zero? If you're able to eat like you describe, try a 14 day keto. I ran 2 14 day cycles back to back about 5 years ago and dropped a butt load of BF and retained most of my lean mass. Let me know if you're interested, I have a few articles and lessons learned I can share.
            Refeeding carbs on the weekend. I'd be interested in the 14 day keto information.

Comment

Working...