X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • water43
    Vet
    • Mar 2010

fruit for carbs to wo orr a waste ?

how is bananas/blueberry's/strawberrys and other mixed fruit smoothies in the morning b4 I start weedeating and work around my house.or working out with weights ?.....good simple carbs or not ? or just runs my sugar up/stores more in my liver ? thanks
    the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"
  • hay bailer
    VET
    • Jul 2011

simple carbs cause a quicker/higher spike in insulin but burn out faster. Complex carbs are a better and longer sustained source of fuel. I like to eat mostly complex carbs in my pre workout meal....then wait 1 hr. head to the gym and have a small source of simple carbs with caffeine, b-6, b-12 and some L-carnitine and I workout like a frickin animal with plenty of fuel for a grueling 1-1.5 hrs

Comment

• animal87

I have a small amount of fruit post workout with my shake or meal. Sometimes have a small amount with breakfast too. I try to avoid sugar unless i feel my body needs it. As hot as this summer has been I've had to eat a little both simple and complex carbs to keep my energy up through work and lifting.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by hay bailer
        simple carbs cause a quicker/higher spike in insulin but burn out faster. Complex carbs are a better and longer sustained source of fuel. I like to eat mostly complex carbs in my pre workout meal....then wait 1 hr. head to the gym and have a small source of simple carbs with caffeine, b-6, b-12 and some L-carnitine and I workout like a frickin animal with plenty of fuel for a grueling 1-1.5 hrs
        I agree with complex carbs or rice.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• pillsbury
          Vet
          • Feb 2013

i prefer simple carbs over complex, mostly in the form of white rice or potatoes but im pretty active. that being said i cant eat a lot of fruit in one sitting other than bananas. for me fructose is garbage and gives me headaches. not to mention the amount of fruit it takes to make a proper smoothie probably has over 100g of sugar (if its small)

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

It depends on what you're doing throughout the day. For example I've been able to eat simple carbs, and still drop fat, just because I am very active, this time of year. I don't worry about the insulin spikes because it's just getting burned. I still prefer complex over simple, but If I'm drained at work I will smash a steak and cheese for lunch, without worry. Also bananas are good too, but only if you are really active. When work slows down and I am less active, and eat complex all the time, and up my cardio. So yes it's good if your body is an incinerator throughout the day, bad if you're stationary most of the day.

Comment

• stunner69
              VET
              • Sep 2007

The sugar/carbs from fruits is fructose and can't be used to replenish muscle glycogen stores. It can replenish liver stores and still good for for insulin spike tho.
              Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

All it takes, is all you got.

R.I.P IT

Comment

• Magnesium
                Vet
                • Dec 2009

Like others have said, fruits have simple carbs mixed with fiber and vitamins. Something more complex would be better with fruits saved for PWO.

Comment

• clutchitalian
                  • Sep 2011

all about complex carbs with every meal except postworkout..................

Comment

• excitertd

i think banana is fruit good for muscle

Comment

• liftsiron
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by excitertd
                      i think banana is fruit good for muscle
                      There you have it!
                      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment