Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MR. BMJ
    • Apr 2006

Where do you buy your chicken from?

Where do you buy your boneless skinless chicken breasts at?

I'm tired of the rubbery hard shit from Costco. Any other chain stores that sell better chicken?

Also, i'm not interested in whole chickens or thighs or legs....

I also don't have access to a farm where i'm at...though I've not looked for one either, so i'll have to check that out.

Also, i'm not going to pay a fukking ridiculous $8 a pound shit either...i'd be broke in a week.

Thanks, you fukking fukks
  • FBL
    VET
    • Jan 2018

I’m in the same boat. Even when buying unfrozen meats. They inject them for the weight and preservation with saline water and it’s a mess when cooking. . 10lbs isn’t 10lbs anymore. Maybe it’s like 7lbs is 10lbs. . And when they go overboard with injects, it’s out on sale. Everybody stretching stuff out to maximize profit.

Comment

• Dakota
      VET
      • Feb 2017

So I am not the only one that has noticed this!

Read the label. They add some (I think phosphate something or other) to a lot of brands of chicken breasts. It seems to be only the breasts that they do it to. It makes the chicken taste and feel like a damn chicken nugget or some processed crap. It is GROSS. Sprouts has great prices on chicken breasts fairly regularly that dont have that additive. I buy the big packs and then break them up at home into ziplock freezer bags. I often find them at sprouts for 299 or 399/lb.
      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• 78Steeler
        VET
        • Dec 2018

Trader Joe’s

Comment

• MR. BMJ
          • Apr 2006

Yea, i'm gonna hit up Sprouts and Trader Joe's tomorrow and check them out.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by 78Steeler
            Trader Joe’s
            Do you get the frozen or unfrozen? Thanks

Comment

• b52
              • Oct 2006

Market Basket. Or if there's an Aldi near you that place is awesome, and the food is actually really good. And the prices cheap cheap cheap, but the quality is good.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                • Apr 2006

Here's exactly what i'm talking about..."Woody CHicken."

Meat from today's supersize chickens can be laced with tough fibers and be hard to chew, though it's not harmful to eat

They are not sure how these hard muscle fibers develop, but they stated it may be due to the quicker and bigger breeding.

As a note, hormones are not allowed for poultry or hogs.

I'm gonna check out Trader Joe's and Sprouts tomorrow and pick the smaller breasts.

Comment

• USNCTT
                  VET
                  • Aug 2006

I buy everything from Aldi now. I save about 160 a month shopping their vs big name grocers.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                    • Apr 2006

Okay, went to Trader Joe's and didn't like the way their $4.99 chicken looked, and I wasn't buying the more expensive ones. Went over to Sprouts, and they had their $4.99/# breasts on sale for $2.99. I grabbed about 10#, and I tried to get the one's with the least amount of white stripes, which looked minimal. I feel good about this, lol...so i'll give an update. They also had breasts for $7.99/#, but that wasn't happening. Also, the breasts I got require little cleaning up, so that is good, and they also have <2% added solution compared the 8% everywhere else! They had $1.99/# breasts with large white streaks, and those didn't look near as good.

On another note, my son and I also hit up Costco today as well, and we got a weeks worth of Sirloin for a little over $5/#. Wish I was a 120# female with lower protein needs

Comment

• 78Steeler
                      VET
                      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by MR. BMJ
                      Do you get the frozen or unfrozen? Thanks

Both. However the fresh chicken breasts are huge and a bit pricey.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                        • May 2019

Usually Walmart. Sometimes Aldi or Save Alot.
                        Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Bigpapapumpaf
                          VET
                          • Feb 2017

BJ's (like Sams Club)

10 lbs Tyson individually packaged chicken breast 6.5 lbs for $19.99, sometimes a little less. I buy these weekly and instapot cook them.

Also, don't be afraid to go to a butcher and ask for a deal. My local guy will go about $2.50 a lb when I buy over 10lbs. They will need to be packaged but no big deal.

BPP

Comment

Working...