Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-15-2019, 08:04 AM   #16
Massive G
VET

Massive G has a spectacular aura aboutMassive G has a spectacular aura about
3 things.

1. I would have used higher dosages and cycles early on. AVG cycle was 200 mg test a week.

2. Not training so goddamn heavy on bench dead and squats and presses.

3. Dieted down and competed more to increase growth - got stuck in the "not disturbing the growth cycle" when the best gains you will ever make is after a contest for several months when your body is sopping up everything after being stressed through contest dieting and training and cardio. I won several contests but it wasn't anything other than a brief pause in life that lead to dusty trophies.
Massive G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:27 PM   #17
j8296

j8296 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the advice, everyone. It’s been quite insightful. My mind has been wondering what I should do. This winter I should really take time off cycle to allow my HPTA to fully recover (hopefully). Another thing I should do is stick to mild compounds (DHB, Proviron, Mast, etc.) during usage. I’ve given up some bad habits and replaced them with training and AAS use.
j8296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:16 AM   #18
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
I started young, at 17 years old, did a lot, used large doses for long periods, but so far, no health concerns outside of 2 hernia repairs and a cholecystectomy. After doing all that, I realized I didn't have top genetics....say to go pro. I was in my late 20's when I realized that out. I may have been able to compete and be competitive, maybe at a National show, but I went to college and it took too much of my time. That's probably a good thing, for many reasons. I never focused 100% in any 1 direction. I never put 100% into school when it was needed, despite graduating with ease...but not a very good GPA because mostly worrying about cycles, the way I looked, or even what my lifts would be....well, and girls and liquor. I could have done much better in school...but I graduated. That also goes the other way in anything else I did. For the gym, I put in a great deal, probably close to 100% from a teenager to when I was 22 years old, but that year I moved to college, and after that, I never was able to put 100% into it again. I see guys ruin their careers in education or jobs because they are chasing bodybuilding dreams, it's psychologically addicting. If you have top genetics, you will know within a year or two, and that makes things a little easier for them because they can half-ass a lot of things as long as they stay somewhat consistent in eating, training, and AAS use. Maybe not that simple, but much easier than most of us here.

I'd go back and put 100% into my college to kind of set me up in a better position in life. I did okay, but I got by half-assing things, up until the final few years, mainly because it was easy for me when I needed to do well.

I still have the gym/AAS bug like everybody else, like I said it's addicting. I pretty much know how every compound effected me from an early age....but now that io'm 43, it's changed some.
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:18 PM   #19
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
I started young, at 17 years old, did a lot, used large doses for long periods, but so far, no health concerns outside of 2 hernia repairs and a cholecystectomy. After doing all that, I realized I didn't have top genetics....say to go pro. I was in my late 20's when I realized that out. I may have been able to compete and be competitive, maybe at a National show, but I went to college and it took too much of my time. That's probably a good thing, for many reasons. I never focused 100% in any 1 direction. I never put 100% into school when it was needed, despite graduating with ease...but not a very good GPA because mostly worrying about cycles, the way I looked, or even what my lifts would be....well, and girls and liquor. I could have done much better in school...but I graduated. That also goes the other way in anything else I did. For the gym, I put in a great deal, probably close to 100% from a teenager to when I was 22 years old, but that year I moved to college, and after that, I never was able to put 100% into it again. I see guys ruin their careers in education or jobs because they are chasing bodybuilding dreams, it's psychologically addicting. If you have top genetics, you will know within a year or two, and that makes things a little easier for them because they can half-ass a lot of things as long as they stay somewhat consistent in eating, training, and AAS use. Maybe not that simple, but much easier than most of us here.

I'd go back and put 100% into my college to kind of set me up in a better position in life. I did okay, but I got by half-assing things, up until the final few years, mainly because it was easy for me when I needed to do well.

I still have the gym/AAS bug like everybody else, like I said it's addicting. I pretty much know how every compound effected me from an early age....but now that io'm 43, it's changed some.
Yeah 17 is young, but guess you being out in Cali, it was in vogue eh?

What age did you start lifting homie? Please don't tell me you started dbol as you did your first set of benches.
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #20
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerKy View Post
Yeah 17 is young, but guess you being out in Cali, it was in vogue eh?

What age did you start lifting homie? Please don't tell me you started dbol as you did your first set of benches.
I started lifting after junior high (8th grade) before heading into high school as a freshman. So I was maybe 14'ish. I couldn't play football because they misdiagnosed my back as having spina bifida, so that is what got me into training....hoping i'd be able to play football. I was in all other sports like basketball, soccer, track, and shit. Wish I would have done wrestling and MMA, etc....but oh well. I got tired of all those sports, and just concentrated on the weight room.

Got to my Senior year and everybody in sports were doing AAS....mostly Mexican stuff, but a few who had veterinarian hook-ups. I was one of the stronger and bigger kids (though slender built), and was still natty while others were smaller and juicing. I'm not gonna count guys who were built like offensive lineman....they were bigger of course, but most were not as strong....but yea, I was not built like that.

Anyway...a few guys got under my skin that they were passing me up my junior and senior year. I used to think they were cheaters. Likewise, I was always reading the mags at the time, and of course, everybody in those mags stated they were natty, and I believed them, and that with time, I could be like them.

2 things happened over my junior and senior year...

1) While a junior, and some of my senior years in school, a lot of the older guys (already graduated but playing junior college football) would tell me all the time that at some point I would have to use them to repass the guys that were growing like weeds. I brushed it off until my senior year.

2) My senior year, I started picking up then MM2K mags. Those opened my eyes.

My senior year, I started using...I was 2-3 months from turning 18 years old. I took 1 Primoteston amp, and a weeks later I took half a sustanon. LOL. Even with those 2 injects, my strength shot up, and my clothes got a little tighter. A few months later I took Anadrol tabs....like 1/4, 1/2, 1 whole tab...pyramided scheme. At the time, Anadrol was the shit...the shit everybody wanted to get big and crazy. It was the drug touted the most to make the most changes if taken....but everybody mentioned how they would turn crazy and want to fight, so hence the small doses. I took those 1-2 months before graduating, and was able to hit a 365 bench at maybe 205#, squat was down, maybe 400'ish. My traps and arms would grow like weeds, and I have kind of a wide look.

Anyway, when I bought the Anadrol from a guy selling it, I was just as big as him, and he was nervous to sell me any because he thought because I was already carrying a lot of lean size, that I would stick out and be noticeable to others as a user. He charged my ass $8 a pill Yea, talk about getting ripped off! I didn't know it at the time, but I had enough to do my pyramided run for a few weeks.

The last few months of high school and the rest of the next few years after that, I was going down to TJ weekly. The rest is history.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:53 PM   #21
MR. BMJ

But yea....it was a dime a dozen with guys using in high school and all around the gyms here where I live. It was so common, you were kind of a loner if you didn't use. I had a lot of older guys help in the training department, but I read and experimented a lot of my own. The MM2K mags and the internet (95/96 onward) helped me out a lot. I knew that diet and training were what mattered most, I hammered that into me....but also wanted to use a lot of AAS and learn how they worked on me as well. A lot of the older guys I think I knew more than them to be honest....for them, it was just eat a lot and lift heavy and often...almost overtraining at times. Diet didn't matter, you just ate a lot. I don't dismiss that, especially for certain circumstances, but not to such an extreme.

You have to remember, that outside of maybe the fatter powerlifter guys, a "Big Guy" at the time was maybe between 225-250#. Now you see guys hitting way over those weights in size and it makes those guys back then seem tiny. I mean, there were big guys, solid size and lean, but now there are more of them in the gym.....actually, to clarify, just as many users, but I more guys wanting a beach body look. The BB physique is dying out imo. It wasn't until Met-rx/EAS came out that supplements really started to get anywhere. Now AAS cvan be obtained b y anybody with a I-phone or pc.

Last edited by MR. BMJ; 06-17-2019 at 02:55 PM..
Old 06-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #22
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by j8296 View Post
It still applies to the thread’s question, I’m sure. Do you have a relationship with your kids nowadays? They say hindsight is 20/20. I wish I would’ve never partied at a super young age myself. The grey hair just shows you’ve been there and done that. Hahaha. Do you have joint issues from your years of powerlifting?

Yeah, we have a great relationship. But my oldest son, 36 this year, has followed me into the outlaw biker scene. He's a patched Outlaw too. He drinks excessively and smokes weed all day. But he's a hard worker, has his own business and is getting by. My youngest, 30, is divorced with 3 kids, no job, not straining himself to find one. Living with me, my wife and the girlfriend I'm trying to dump. And he smokes weed all day long. He does keep his kids while his ex and her new hubby work. But it still pisses me off.
As far as aches and pains, at 63 they are the only thing you can count on. I'm not debilitated like Ronnie Coleman. I can hit a 495 bench easily, but I cant squat or dead lift any more due to spinal compression between L5 and S1. And an old motorcycle accident that damaged my right knee cap and broke nearly every bone in my right foot and shattered the ankle give me fits, much more now than ever.
But for me sex and lifting weights are what keeps me young.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #23
inhibitor
VET

inhibitor is on a distinguished road
Been lifting for 15 yrs on AAS. What I should of done different:

1. Cycled on and Off instead of staying on.

2. Lean Bulked and kept my BF% down. I started lifting in the Ronnie Coleman and Lee Priest era where winter time you ate a lot and accumulated a lot of BF%. So that's what I did. It takes forever to drop that and you can lose some of those gains cutting down. Now I am a firm believer in adding on some fat while bulking but not too extreme. Easier to take off when you cut and you will keep just about all your new muscle that you have gained.

3. I had a 600lb deadlift which I done for 5 reps / Squat 550 ATG for 5 reps / and an ok bench at 410 for 5 reps. Like Ronnie use to say gotta lift heavy ass weight. I wish I would have just concentrated on mind muscle connection doing controlled reps and saving my joints. I have torn my pecs 3 times. The latest one I completely tore off one of the tendons from the muscle which unfortunately cannot be repaired. (It would be like sewing a tendon onto ground beef as I was told by the surgeon) Aside from that many other minor tweaks and such. I remember one time after a good deadlift session at the gym I got home and laid in bed for a while. Felt fine the WHOLE time. When it was time to get up I couldn't, I couldn't move ! I hade to roll my ass outta bed to the floor and slowly stretch myself out. I was stuck in the fetal position. I always watched my form and like I said felt great in the gym. IDK what happened after?!

4. I will prolly get shit for this but I wouldn't have deadlifted and squatted. I took these out a year ago from my routine and have made great progress especially in my legs. My back issues have all diminished and I feel and look a lot better. I am lookin at doing things for longevity now. I want to be able to go to the gym even when I am an old man. I ruptured my quad tendon over a year ago to which I had to endure 3 months out of the gym and I HATED that feeling. I went into a depression over it, I was miserable.

Last edited by inhibitor; 06-21-2019 at 10:18 AM..
inhibitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #24
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
Started lifting in 1979 with three steel bars I got from the scrap pile at the hydraulic shop. Trained under Dick Smith, Assistant Weight Lifting Coach of the US Olympic Team under Bob Hoffman from 1962 to 1986. He taught me power lifting and trained me at York barbell from 1981 to 1986. Also during that period, I received tutelage from Johnny Terpak, who competed in the Olympics four times over 20 years (1932-1952), John Grimek, who was one of the few to lifted overhead the Louis Cyr Dumbell (273 pounds), he also won Mr. America in 1945 and 1946 before Steve Reeves took the Crown in 1947. Trained for 2 years, at the Broad Street Gym in York, PA, under Jules Bacon, who won Mr. America in 1943. I learned a lot from Jules. He taught me safety and the benefits of Volume Training! Dick Smith started me on deadlifts and at 162lbs I dead-lifted 390 for one on the 12th set. I used to do 24 sets, 3 or 4 times a week because nobody told us we’re only supposed to do three sets of eight. Ha! Jules Bacon started out “with weak legs,” his words, but he became an “all-around lifter,” and under his help I got 27 pull-ups at 170 body weight and could squat five sets of six with 425 before I even knew how to spell steroid. Those were the days those were the ancient kings my only regret is that I didn’t ask more questions. John Grimek even let me use the York Barbell archives in 1998 to write a paper for my graduate degree in Sport Management. Super nice guy, everybody liked him! Yeah, should’ve asked more questions. They’re all gone now, even the Mighty-Might, Bob Mitchell, who took 8th overall in the 1932 Olympics. He used to shuffle around York Barbell dragging his knuckles from doing so many dead-lifts, power cleans and snatches; always a smile. Only got two injuries from weightlifting in 40 years; the first time I ever did incline presses, I picked 60 pound dumbbells because they had rounded bells and I thought it was cool. On my seventh rep I pinched my left shoulder. I tried to extend it out, holding the weight in the air and it completely dislocated. Fell right out of the socket. Luckily, I was smart enough to pop it back in and I rehabbed it by doing pull-ups superset with dips; 10x10 each, 3 days per week for three months. No problem since. The second injury was about seven years ago on a squat machine that had a strange safety catch pedal. I had to hold all the weight up with one leg while I pushed the pedal to bring out the safety catch. Well, when I came down I missed the safety catch and I was supporting 760 with my left leg. I tweaked my knee trying to slow down, luckily I caught the lower emergency safety as my knee was at 90°. Tweaked my outer knee because my toes were pointed 45° out. Yeah, all those years of volume training; heavy volume training, it was helpful and I owe it to those guys! Other than that I have no regrets, I would do it all over again and I’m better off for having lived it. First tried juice at 27, eight weeks of 3 blue deball a day and 1-2cc deca amp per week; the good all days, but before that I had done 200lb easy bar curl for six, lying French presses with 165 for six, Hanging leg raises toes to knuckles for six sets of 20 with no swinging, Straight leg deadlifts for 275 for 12 standing on the bench, front squats with 185 for six, lateral raises with 65’s for six, plus the dead-lifts and squats that I already mentioned. What year is it anyway? sometimes I forget to remember and sometimes I remember to forget! Lastly I’ll be 60 next month. For once I feel my life is in balance but there’s always more to be done! Thanks for the memories...
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:46 AM   #25
Massive G
VET

Massive G has a spectacular aura aboutMassive G has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by inhibitor View Post
Been lifting for 15 yrs on AAS. What I should of done different:

1. Cycled on and Off instead of staying on.

2. Lean Bulked and kept my BF% down. I started lifting in the Ronnie Coleman and Lee Priest era where winter time you ate a lot and accumulated a lot of BF%. So that's what I did. It takes forever to drop that and you can lose some of those gains cutting down. Now I am a firm believer in adding on some fat while bulking but not too extreme. Easier to take off when you cut and you will keep just about all your new muscle that you have gained.

3. I had a 600lb deadlift which I done for 5 reps / Squat 550 ATG for 5 reps / and an ok bench at 410 for 5 reps. Like Ronnie use to say gotta lift heavy ass weight. I wish I would have just concentrated on mind muscle connection doing controlled reps and saving my joints. I have torn my pecs 3 times. The latest one I completely tore off one of the tendons from the muscle which unfortunately cannot be repaired. (It would be like sewing a tendon onto ground beef as I was told by the surgeon) Aside from that many other minor tweaks and such. I remember one time after a good deadlift session at the gym I got home and laid in bed for a while. Felt fine the WHOLE time. When it was time to get up I couldn't, I couldn't move ! I hade to roll my ass outta bed to the floor and slowly stretch myself out. I was stuck in the fetal position. I always watched my form and like I said felt great in the gym. IDK what happened after?!

4. I will prolly get shit for this but I wouldn't have deadlifted and squatted. I took these out a year ago from my routine and have made great progress especially in my legs. My back issues have all diminished and I feel and look a lot better. I am lookin at doing things for longevity now. I want to be able to go to the gym even when I am an old man. I ruptured my quad tendon over a year ago to which I had to endure 3 months out of the gym and I HATED that feeling. I went into a depression over it, I was miserable.
I am in the same boat never had an injury in the gym other than - what I believed was a very deep but small tear in my rotator cuff doing close grips with 365. Never got an MRI or went to the doc, just tried to work through it with DMSO ibuprofen ice heat self massage
ART with a tennis ball etc.

It just wouldn't heal so I did 1 arm presses of all types on the smith -BP Inc BP Military's PBN and to my amazement the left side never atrophied. Only after several months did it finally heal...but to this day still can't get it behind my head to squat which is a good thing I guess..since heavy squats wrecked my back and neck.

I tore my patella over a decade ago slipping off some stairs and it ended my competition career, I too went off the deep end sitting and sleeping in a recliner for almost 20 weeks and then and other 8 weeks PT, the injury actually healed to fast so the body laid down bone around the tendon - which was my fault using GH and bromelain et all to speed healing. It was stronger than my left but there is some deformation around the knee and a long scar, so no go on getting back on stage.

These days I do very well with light front smith squats and one legged and very very deep 2 legged leg presses with very slow tempo.
I will not lie I miss the shit out of free weight deads and squats and heavy benches and delt presses, but realize I can never do those again.
Massive G is offline   Reply With Quote