• Aug 2018

Using Anabolic Steroids Safely

http://road2hardcoreiron.net/

https://www.myscfuel.com/

EG
  • jrod
    • Jun 2010

Good info.
    I read that steroid injections can actually weaken the bones, which honestly seems counterproductive if you are taking them for neck pain, back pain, etc.
    I have had several lumbar and cervical epidural shots. Seems like it helps initially but long term it may be worse.
    Anyone have more knowledge about this?

Comment

• Paramuscle
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by jrod
      Good info.
      I read that steroid injections can actually weaken the bones, which honestly seems counterproductive if you are taking them for neck pain, back pain, etc.
      I have had several lumbar and cervical epidural shots. Seems like it helps initially but long term it may be worse.
      Anyone have more knowledge about this?

There was always some thought that it would cause some measure of damage but I never heard it being linked to bone issues. Mostly I was aware fo the connective tissue issues so because of that, when I did have to use a steroid injection on any of my soldiers I would always make sure to use it on the larger joints and I would use something like Dexamethasone in the smaller areas. I don't remember all the drug names, I haven't done that shit n over a decade and my TBI and PTSD along with copious amounts of thc have caused my memory to lapse a bit. What I do remember is there. I do not claim to be a doctor and any advice should be taken with a spoonful of salt.....

~PM

Comment

• jrod
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Paramuscle
        There was always some thought that it would cause some measure of damage but I never heard it being linked to bone issues. Mostly I was aware fo the connective tissue issues so because of that, when I did have to use a steroid injection on any of my soldiers I would always make sure to use it on the larger joints and I would use something like Dexamethasone in the smaller areas. I don't remember all the drug names, I haven't done that shit n over a decade and my TBI and PTSD along with copious amounts of thc have caused my memory to lapse a bit. What I do remember is there. I do not claim to be a doctor and any advice should be taken with a spoonful of salt.....

~PM
        Yeah, I know about the connective tissue for sure. I’m almost positive it has affected my elbows.
        Here is an article I found about the relationship between corticosteroid injections and bone density.
        I no longer will have injections.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...20osteoporosis.
        Last edited by jrod; 03-09-2024, 07:53 PM. Reason: Clarification between steroid and corticosteroids

Comment

• 1bigun11
          • May 2022

Important to note that the article is about corticosteroids, not anabolic steroids.

Comment

• jrod
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by 1bigun11
            Important to note that the article is about corticosteroids, not anabolic steroids.
            Correct!

Comment

• MindlessWork
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 1bigun11
              Yes you are right and the title is misleading as these steroids mentioned in the article linked in that forum post are not anabolics.
              “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

Working...