I found magic today!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

I found magic today!

Decided to try a new pre-w.o supplement. It's is THEE best, by far, that I have ever used, so I want to share my experience. It is 1 M.R Vortex (the one in the white & blue container) by BPI Sports. In my decades in this game of hardcore pumping iron, I had tried pretty much everything, from the old-school ECA cocktail, to pre-made drinks like Monster, Red Bull, etc to various pre-w.o powders ranging from the old school Ultimate Orange - which btw did kick ass also - to nowday powders like C4 or whatever. While many of those pre-w.o gigs did do well, almost every one of them left me with a head-buzzing, heart-pounding, speed-like buzz that once my workout was finished, I crashed and burned and felt dead mode. Hell, even IF I didn't take any pre-w.o supp, I felt dead also after hitting the iron hard - have for many years (as I mentioned in a post here in GD earlier this month).

Well I was at Walmart yesterday, and seen they now sell 1 M.R, and it was only like $19, so I said wtf let's try it. I read all the ingredients beforehand, nothing special it seemed. It even lacked the N.O arginine based stuff like most pre-w.o powders have to give extra pump. So I go on the comp last night to read some reviews on it on various sites, and I seen alot of negative feedback - more than I expected. People saying it didn't do shit even though they took 3-4 scoops. I was like f^#k, I already threw the damn receipt away, so I can't return it haha.

Anyways, today I tried it for the first time - chest workout. I took 1.5 scoops. The scooper is tiny, think 1 scoop is only 3 grams - much smaller serving than most. All I can say is WOW! Just WOW! I had a natural feeling energy that I can't recall of ever having before for many years - felt 21 again no shit haha! It was not a speed-buzz type energy whatsoever - no head buzz, no jitters or wanting to climb the walls. It's hard to explain - I think the best word I could use is it seemed to amp up my "focus" 10 fold. The concentration & focus was amazing. Along with that was an incredible pump. I swear I haven't had such an amazing pump since probably when I was running M1T with test & tren about 10 years ago. And for ME, here is the kicker, and a GINORMOUS kicker at that - there was NO crash at all! Today was the first time in probably 15-20 years that I've kicked the iron without having to come home and immediately take a nap from feeling so drained. I took the stuff at 3pm today, and it's now 10:40pm, and I haven't felt tired or drained at all, and to boot, my pecs are still pumped! I mean check this - my damn FOREARMS were pumped to the gills from just squeezing the db's so hard during flyes! I mean crazy, just crazy!

After I came home, I checked the ingredients again. I seen "glycerol" on there. Something I'm not used to seeing. So I researched that, and doesn't look to be anything special at all. Hell it's used in many foods, and to give stuff like pudding and whip cream it's texture. This may sound stupid, but I am just wondering if there is such a thing as being glycerol deficient? Reason I am curious is, it seems to be the only ingredient that stands out, and after using this stuff, I had no crash. So, I'm currently trying to find out if there is even such a thing as being glycerol deficient, and if one of the side effects is fatigue. For ME, being able to come home from a workout, and being able to play with my little boy instead of telling him "Ok son, after daddy takes a nap" is indeed MAGIC - hence why I titled this thread as such haha!

Sorry for the book folks. Most of you vets that have known me for a good while know I'm not one to give kudos to a product unless it really rocks my world, and this stuff has. Perhaps many of you have tried it with no good results at all. All I know is, for ME, this stuff is the bomb. Any of you science guys/chemists can holla at me or post some links regarding my question about possible glycerol deficiency is much appreciated. I would REEEAALLLYYY like to find out why this product is the only one I have ever used that allows me to feel like a normal human being after killing the iron, instead of feeling like a zombie for 2 hours afterwards.
  • blm
    Vet
    • Feb 2015

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like I'm in the same boat as you. I'm going to check it out. Over recently tried a nonstim focus supp and though it did give me a slight energy buzz (like a weak cup of coffee) it did nothing else and I felt a slight crash shortly after.

I'm dying, I need something that amps me up but doesn't string me out and drop me on my head.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Bombed back today. WG pulldowns, deads, bb rows, UG pulldowns, cable rows. Typical back workout for me, and woulda left me dead and needing to crash for an hour to hour an a half after coming home and showering. Same thing today - feel effin' great afterwards.

I was a little skeptical today bcoz I thought perhaps that first workout I just had some placebo going on, or perhaps just the change to a new product. That happens often - try something new, even though the ingredients may be similar, but newfound energy. Doesn't appear so here, bcoz the only common ingredient in this stuff compared to what I've ever taken before is caffeine. Never used a product with glycerol before. Also has yohimbe, which last time I took that was by itself back in the 90's when it was famous. So whether it's the glycerol, the yohimbe, or one of the other ingredients, I don't know - all I know is there is no crash. And after how hard I hit back today, I should be dead mode haha. Anyways, so far this stuff is kick ass. Last time I had 2 workouts back to back without needing to nap from being exhausted I was probably 28 years old.

I will say this about a possible negative. The other day I took the dose around 3PM, and I couldn't fall asleep until 3AM - that sucked. That was with a 1.5 scoop dose. Today I took 1 scoop only, also around 3PM, so hope I can feel sleepy sooner than that.

Comment

• Darkness
        • Apr 2011

Thanks. I may try this stuff too. I like C4 but they changed to new ingredients and took the synephrine out, which is the best part. So I need new juice ...

Comment

• basskiller
          Administrator
          • Aug 2003

they have it in two flavors fruit punch and the one DPH bought "snow cone"
          I have some on order
          Owner of
          Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
          basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by basskiller
            they have it in two flavors fruit punch and the one DPH bought "snow cone"
            I have some on order
            You know now that you brought up flavors, I just realized I didn't even comment on the taste. That's bcoz I don't now, nor ever have gave a rats ass about taste. I hear guys talking in the gym crying about how some new protein supp they bought doesn't taste so good, and I gotta laugh. I don't take shit for taste, I take it for results - period. Wish some of these young fools were around back in the day when you had 3 choices of protein powder- Weider, Bob Hoffman or Dan Lurie protein powder - they all were clumpy, even in a blender, and tasted terrible. Hell, nowdays (and actually even the past 20 years or so) all these protein powders taste so damn good, I feel like I'm drinking a shake at Dairy Queen or whateva haha.

Comment

• DRveejay11
              • Jul 2013

Good info Hank. I'm pretty picky on my Pre-w/o mixes too.
              I fell in love with this stuff a few months ago.

CONQU3R Demigod Edition by Olympus Labs (Wicked Melon) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QSKR2EI..._1WeLvb3396FA5

Comment

Working...