He shoulda did the O...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

He shoulda did the O...

Vic was a freak before his time and yet also had a tiny waist..he coulda did major damage onstage in the day.....

• Dawgpound_Hank

Note at 4:34 and 4:40...sick! A tiny waist that he can suck in like the fellas from the 70's, cross-stri's on his 34" quads, pecs, lats, guns to boot shit! IMO, homie woulda won an O or 2 (or more) had he tried.

Comment

• Joe0690
      Vet
      • Mar 2007

why didnt he ever compete or try

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Agreed Vince is awesome.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Mr Incredible
          • Oct 2010

phenomenal genetics and hard to explain why he didn't compete more. Some people build such a reputation they become afraid to lose it.

Comment

• John Benz
            Vet
            • Jan 2004

He had a tiny waist and an overall great structure, but for sheer size and musculature he could never have stood toe-to-toe against Ronnie or Dorian in their prime and he knew it. Most pros considered him an also-ran and a legend in his own mind.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by John Benz
              ...but for sheer size and musculature he could never have stood toe-to-toe against Ronnie or Dorian in their prime and he knew it. Most pros considered him an also-ran and a legend in his own mind.
              Whattttttt? I beg to differ my man. Vic OWNED the mass department...did you see him onstage with Dorian, and even Dorian had to do a double-take like he was saying "WTF? ". He could have stood toe to toe with Ronnie and Yates EASILY brutha and more than hold his own. He dwarfed Kevin, Shawn and Flex, had the sheer size of Dillet (although shorter - 5'10 vs 6'1) but with much better proportions and conditoning, so why couldn't he? I think perhaps his only weakness was slightly high-lats...but that can be overcome somewhat, ie Dexter did it. Calves certainly wasn't his best part (but no worse than Colemans). However his arms, quads and chest DWARFED Yates and was on par with Coleman...and thats WITH a tiny waist (can't stress the waist issue enuff considering the mass), not to mention he had hams that looked like watermelons hanging from the back of his legs.lol

I have never heard any other pros "dog" him as you say...Vic was always very humble and never tooted his own horn. He was actually well-liked and was one to let his body do the talking. If I were to take a guess as to why he didn't compete in the O, I think I would have to agree with Mr Inc. when he posted "Some people build such a reputation they become afraid to lose it." On top of that, he wasn't a "Weider boy".

Comment

• John Benz
                Vet
                • Jan 2004

You can find out what the pros think by doing a search. Here's what IFBB pro Bob Cicherillo had to say on the thread "The Most overrated bodybuilder of all time." And as far as that posedown, Dorian Yates OWNED Richards. I know you're joking about this guy as Ronnie Coleman had more lean mass than any bodybuilder who ever lived. He dwarfed Richards.
                Originally posted by Pro Bob Chick
                Lets first define the term "over-rated".....

Over-rated means that the person is percieved to be much better than he really is, or has proven thus far......

I don't think you can put anyone who has won the Olympia in this category....and guys that have won numerous pro shows are also not overrated....

I can tell you who I think is the most over-rated BODYBUILDER in history...easy one...not even a challenge.....

VICTOR RICHARDS!

Hard to not pick Vic when he has never even stepped on a pro stage, yet his loyal subjects have called him the "uncrowned Mr. Olympia" for years, now! Pretty big shoes to fill considering he has never won/ competed in the Nationals, USA, N.American, or World championships...

I even have it on good authority that he never even won his pro card in his native championships years ago.....as was originally thought.

Talk about over-rated....!
                Originally posted by Pro Bob Chick
                I find it amusing that Vic Richards said he didn't want to compete as a pro because of the "politics"....What politics ever came Vic's way? He NEVER competed as a pro...barely as a amateur at that,
                and ALLEGEDLY was given a gift pro card at some obscure show that no one seems to have a picture of, or can verify...David Paul (1/2 of the barbarian Bros.) told me it never happened.

Comparing him to Ronnie Coleman is a joke.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

My man, you really gonna use Chick - one of THEE most outspoken, shit talking, opinionated guys in the game - as the example of "what most the pros think"?lol Remember all his and King Kamali's instigating shit with Titus back in the day? Outside of Arnie himself, Chick perhaps talks more smack than anyone in the game. Based on his statements, he's probably envious that he didn't have the genetics of Vic himself.lol

Also, I certainly didn't want to imply Vic was better than Yates or Coleman. They both owned him in overall package IMO. I DID say yes INDEED he could stand toe to toe with them and hold his own regarding SIZE, after you stated "for sheer size and musculature he could never have stood toe-to-toe against Ronnie or Dorian."

The pic you posted is from the '94 Fibo and is misleading as Vic wasn't even fully hitting the double bi shot yet.lol It LOOKS as if Yates arms are as big as his, when actually Vics arms dwarfs Yates...anyone in the game knows that. See the vids below of the full pose-off between Yates and Vic. I believe at the '94 Fibo Yates was guest-posing around 290 lbs and Vic was 330. One can even see in the vid that he's SO thick, he LOOKS likes he's 5'5 tall when actually he's 5'10. Also I attached a pic of him actually hitting the double-bi at that show...NOT only in transition to it as the pic you posted shows. If Kev, Shawn and Flex coulda stood with Yates and Coleman, Vic sure coulda IMO. But its one of those things we will never know and can only speculate about like so many others past vs future gigs haha.

Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Just wanna add one more thing...camera angles means SO much in pics and can be SO decieving. Dillet towers over both of them in height, yet if you compare in that pic, he would only come up to Dorians chest making him about 5'0 tall.lol Thats why Yates APPEARS bigger than Vic there, as he is the photographers actual "target".

Comment

• Mr Incredible
                      • Oct 2010

I'm in the pound with Dawg, watching it live I'd say Vic takes yates on size in the arms, legs and chest thickness dept. Yates has a wider back with lower lat insertions and better claves. You can't say who woulda taken it for sure in a comp until they are both dialed in a ripped but I suspect Dorian would take it. Size wise though there is more muscle on vics frame, just

Comment

• b52
                        • Oct 2006

Sum bitch has quite the genetics. Saying he's overrated is bullshit. So what the guy never competed. Some people just like to be big, and don't want to compete. I love riding motocross and am pretty good at it, but I don't compete. I'll go to the tracks on practice days and race with some of the guys, but never actually did a race.

Comment

Working...