Pac vs Margarito

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Pac vs Margarito

Scheduled for Nov 13 in Jerry Jones house. HBO's 24/7 on it will start I believe in a couple weeks.

Holla with your take! Thate, Nigbo, Scotts, fight fans, smack it up!

I myself see this as a potentially dangerous fight for Pac! The "PlasterMaster" has an iron jaw, brings it with 100+ punches per round and stays on you like flies on shit. However, my biggest concern is the overwhelming difference in height/reach/size! At least Shane was 5'9, Pac's only 5'6 wearing heels lol...BIG difference compared to Marg's 5'11. I believe this is the tallest fighter Pac's fought other than Oscar, but we all know Oscar wasn't 100% via too much weight loss & not rehydrating enuff by fight-time. Although Pac demolished him SO bad I doubt it woulda made much of a difference. At fight-time, I believe this will look like a middleweight in the ring with a lightweight. As of today, Pac's a heavy favorite as expected...I just hope he doesn't take Marg lightly! On paper, his speed should prove an easy win, its just that Marg's "smothering" style thats concerning IMO.
  • Scotsmark
    VET
    • Apr 2005

Pac's work rate, speed and evaisivness should have marg punching at shadows. Hank, do you know if it's another 145lb limit this time? That extra 2lbs for the weigh in could make a difference. Remember, 2.2lbs is a litre of water, and after what they already had to cut, it's a lot more than what it sounds.
    Last edited by Scotsmark; 10-13-2010, 04:32 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• theartofwar
      • Feb 2010

I love to box , or mma - but god help me I do not like watching pacman - he drives me nuts. Don't like his style one bit. Honestly it's his fight to lose, simple as that imo.
      Think For Yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities,the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Scots you are indeed correct brutha...2 lbs. means a TON in that division. I searched but I haven't found anything yet...I'm sure Thate/Nigbo will know. Thate/Nigbo follow up when you read this fella's thanks.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by theartofwar
          I love to box , or mma - but god help me I do not like watching pacman - he drives me nuts. Don't like his style one bit. Honestly it's his fight to lose, simple as that imo.
          Just curious my man...why do you dislike his style? Contrarily, I think he is probably the most exciting/explosive fighter out there to watch!

Comment

• theartofwar
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
            Just curious my man...why do you dislike his style? Contrarily, I think he is probably the most exciting/explosive fighter out there to watch!
            I find his fighting style to be very draining - he is SO smart - then he sees that one weak move and his lightweight bouts - one or two punches land in the light weight and fights over. I just have never fought under 220lbs bro, it gets boring to watch !
            Think For Yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities,the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Comment

• Trapology
              • Jan 2007

Scheduled for Nov 13 in Jerry Jones house. HBO's 24/7 on it will start I believe in a couple weeks.

Holla with your take! Thate, Nigbo, Scotts, fight fans, smack it up!

I myself see this as a potentially dangerous fight for Pac! The "PlasterMaster" has an iron jaw, brings it with 100+ punches per round and stays on you like flies on shit. However, my biggest concern is the overwhelming difference in height/reach/size! At least Shane was 5'9, Pac's only 5'6 wearing heels lol...BIG difference compared to Marg's 5'11. I believe this is the tallest fighter Pac's fought other than Oscar, but we all know Oscar wasn't 100% via too much weight loss & not rehydrating enuff by fight-time. Although Pac demolished him SO bad I doubt it woulda made much of a difference. At fight-time, I believe this will look like a middleweight in the ring with a lightweight. As of today, Pac's a heavy favorite as expected...I just hope he doesn't take Marg lightly! On paper, his speed should prove an easy win, its just that Marg's "smothering" style thats concerning IMO.
              lol i have nothing to add

you pretty much covered it

Pac at some point will end up in a fire fight with a guy whos just bigger then him

The biggest issue for me will be how marg deals with pacs speed.

Using angles on a guy taller then you is a lot harder, so i think pac will be coming forward here, less to the sides

if marg can handle the speed its going to be a tough competitive fight, if he cant, marg will just get beat up like he did against shane
              Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I heard someone at the gym today saying the fight was supposed to be at a catch-150. Hard to believe...IMO that could be suicide for Pac to fight at him at 150. Anyone else have any facts on the weight? Thate? Nigbo? Bueller?????????????

Comment

• Trapology
                  • Jan 2007

I heard someone at the gym today saying the fight was supposed to be at a catch-150. Hard to believe...IMO that could be suicide for Pac to fight at him at 150. Anyone else have any facts on the weight? Thate? Nigbo? Bueller?????????????
                  I dont recall seeing anything mentioned about a catch weight
                  Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Catch weight is 151! At fight time the weight difference could easily be 12+ lbs since Marg is a much bigger guy. Camp PAC must REALLY be confident with the style match-up to go this far wow.

Comment

• Trapology
                      • Jan 2007

Catch weight is 151! At fight time the weight difference could easily be 12+ lbs since Marg is a much bigger guy. Camp PAC must REALLY be confident with the style match-up to go this far wow.

http://www.margaritovspacquiao.com/
                      After what shane did i think the pac camp think marg is too far gone or something

theres a difference between power and being physically strong, pacman may have a lot of pop but i really dont know if hes phsically strong enough to take marg in his face

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

HBO's first 24/7 segment on this fight starts tonight at 10:30 EST.

Comment

• Trapology
                          • Jan 2007

HBO's first 24/7 segment on this fight starts tonight at 10:30 EST.
                          Eh....im disineterested because marg has no business getting this shot

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Nigbo
                            Eh....im disineterested because marg has no business getting this shot
                            Ahhh come on man...he REALLY didn't know about the gloves! It was worth watching just to see Pac's response to Margs denial of knowing...HILARIOUS!

Comment

Working...