Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #16
Dawgpound_Hank

I wholeheartedly agree about there certainly is a risk that anyone takes when using AAS. I would THINK that with all the info we have access to, most SHOULD know that IF they put their time in researching as they should before introducing ANY chemcials into their body.

To me, the fine line is use vs. abuse. Perhaps that sounds cliche, and easier said than done. But IMO, so true it is. I know many guys who is in their 50's and 60's and SWEAR that trt/hrt has made their quality of life much better and been using AAS RESPONSIBLY for many years. Thats quite different than the Joe who's 22 y.o running multiple compounds, staying on for ridiculous amounts of time, etc. We can only inform people, but we can't make the decisons for them.

In contrare to the old day, I think research has shown more in the past decade that AAS used RESPONSIBLY is not the "monster" that it was once perceived to be. In all due respect to the late masswithclass (RIP brutha) and others that fell down a similar path, we have to take into account the myriad of others that have used AAS for decades where the pros outweighed the cons and have had suffered no significant repercussions.

Just my take
Old 10-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #17
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRveejay11 View Post
Look: ANY exogenous drug introduced into the body has the grave potentinal to cause deleterious effects! Why people here continue to preach that steroids are fall into some "special category" where sides are only possible when abused boggles the mind.
I don't think AAS use deems sides impossible. However, I do think that AAS abuse certainly deems sides more probable. IMO, its a pro's vs con's and USED RESPONSIBLY can swing the pendelum to the pro's side for MOST. However, thats not to say they are without risk by any means and for some even moreso.

Crackhead Hank
Old 10-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #18
Trapology

Trapology will become famous soon enoughTrapology will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
I don't think AAS use deems sides impossible. However, I do think that AAS abuse certainly deems sides more probable. IMO, its a pro's vs con's and USED RESPONSIBLY can swing the pendelum to the pro's side for MOST. However, thats not to say they are without risk by any means and for some even moreso.

Crackhead Hank
I dont doubt at all their are sides for stuff. Every piece of medicine we take has a disclaimer for something on it

But studys have shown the sides with moderate use (which wasn't specified) in healty adult males (what makes u a healthy adult male wasnt specified the side affects are acne and hair loss

So you have very limited bit of info that proves their are sides, that supposed arnt that bad in healthy males
Old 10-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #19
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
This is like arguing that crack is bad for you on a crack board and all the crackheads coming to crack's rescue.

For my own sanity, I give up. And people wonder why I am barely around anymore.

I agree with you bro. Everyone is so quick to jump on the defense of steroids but in reality, we are all abusers. Steroids were not made for what we use them for. Taking any drug other than the purpose it was meant for is abuse whether you want to believe it or not. Half the shit out there wasn't even meant for humans. Eq was originally a horse steroid. We use them for our own personal gains and vanity, and people saw an opening on the black market to capitalize on this. That's the reality of it. I'd be a liar if i said i wasn't concerned about how i will be in years to come, but you make your own bed. I chalk it up to being young and stupid, and i see so many young kids now so eager to just hop on gear. If I could go back 8 years and do it over again i'd do it in a heartbeat.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
This is like arguing that crack is bad for you on a crack board and all the crackheads coming to crack's rescue.

For my own sanity, I give up. And people wonder why I am barely around anymore.

I agree that steroids can have adverse effects I'm just saying that in the context of what we know, coke seems the more likely candidate as its known to cause more damage
Mr Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #21
Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Benz View Post
Juicedbull posted earlier @ MuscleSci that masswithclass died today from congestive heart failure. He has been on dialysis 3 days a week for several months now.

He was a great guy, one of a kind; very knowledgeable and always eager to help. 6 months ago he posted "The Ugly Side Of Steroid Use" and I am re-posting some exerpts below.
Appreciated bro, RIP to masswithclass he sounds like a great guy and tried to help up till the end by the looks of things.

sounds as though he did just regular stuff but stayed on, some heavy aas in there and effedrine but no mention of diuretics, slin etc. Thats news to me and I'll take it on board for sure, thanks
Mr Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:50 AM   #22
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
It's like this it's a personal decision for each person choosing to juice. You need to weigh your percieved benefit against any possible negative effects. If you choose to juice, you should try to become as educated as possible, which isn't necessarily easy, considering all the conflicting advice given on these boards. A person needs to avoid, RECs, limit alcohol, eat healthy, monitor blood pressure, get regular blood work etc. Everything we do in life has risk potential.