Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
Dawgpound_Hank

Yates 2010 Mr. Olympia?

This is THEE best vid I ever seen of him...back in '93 before all his muscle tears. Even 17 years later, this physique would have dominated IMO...just SICK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-t3bDOFAK8
Old 10-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
BigSickD
Vet

BigSickD is just really niceBigSickD is just really niceBigSickD is just really niceBigSickD is just really nice
My favorite BB of all time, but I really think I like Haney's physique better. But I still watch Dorian's video and it is motivating.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
John Benz
Vet

John Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to all
I'm not typical either, because I like the Mike Mentzer and Frank Zane physiques best of all.
John Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
HOTROCKS

HOTROCKS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Benz View Post
I'm not typical either, because I like the Mike Mentzer and Frank Zane physiques best of all.
Me To !
Mike is/was the top dog ! IMHO

Hot Rocks aka HIGH12 is A true American Psycho!

HOTROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRveejay11 View Post
I am SOOOOO not the typical guy on here but I'll say this anyway just for for fun.

While I can appreciate his undeniably SICK THICK MASS, dudes like David Henry still look better to me

I'm all about the tight/peeled dialed in, ripped, balanced/proportionate zero bloat look while still able to maintain full muscle bellies. Just wows me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIPE5YS66Cs
Yeah, I know you! Perhaps its bcoz the Henry-look is more attainable...whereas a Yates-look is alien-like and odds are none of us could ever reach that look in our wildest dreams.

Shit brutha put your old avi back up...the one where YOU look sick with cuts and NATTY at that! Doc with your genetics, if you was running the same shit as Henry is, you would probably hold your own standing next to him homie.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Benz View Post
Hmmmm...Zane AND Mentzer? Rather opposite packages brutha...elaborate.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
BigSickD
Vet

BigSickD is just really niceBigSickD is just really niceBigSickD is just really niceBigSickD is just really nice
Funny how when the talk of great physiques of all time come up, everyone forgets the 1998 version of Ronnie Coleman.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
Deacon
Vet

Deacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really nice
he was awesome that years for sure

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #9
John Benz
Vet

John Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSickD View Post
Funny how when the talk of great physiques of all time come up, everyone forgets the 1998 version of Ronnie Coleman.
Definitely the most muscular physique in the history of the sport. I really never thought anyone could beat Ronnie until he decided to retire.
John Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #10
Joe0690
Vet

Pacman Champion!
Joe0690 will become famous soon enoughJoe0690 will become famous soon enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UsZbRFbtUM i always thought kevin levorne in this video had an amazing amazing look
Joe0690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #11
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0690 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UsZbRFbtUM i always thought kevin levorne in this video had an amazing amazing look
Indeed Kev was sick! BTW I made it a point to post Dorian's vid of when he was truly great, as IMO they GAVE him 2 O's. Shawn, Flex or Kev shoulda won the 2 that was given to Yates after his major tears. It was almost (but not quite) as bad as giving Franco the O in '81...THEE worst decison EVER made in O history...yes even worse than Arnold winning the '80 O. Franco had NOOOOO quads and bitch tits from hell...a true abomination and embarrasment to the sport that year. I guess thats the "perks" that comes with being Arnies little buddy.lol
Old 10-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible is on a distinguished road
What does it say for the judges that they missed his left bicep tear in 97.

I think he looked best in 95 but even there there was signs of a left bicep problem, not as bad as 97 though, maybe he tore it twice? I suppose thats the down side of such heavy training, longevity doesn't carry

http://www.musclebuildingdirectory.c...5-dorian-yates
Mr Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #13
Dawgpound_Hank

sick.....

Last edited by Dawgpound_Hank; 02-11-2019 at 03:27 PM..
Old 10-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #14
Dawgpound_Hank

Old 10-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #15
Dawgpound_Hank

279 lbs this DENSE in '93 was unheard of! This is from the series of pics posted in the mags that shook up the world back then....