Body image

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ligirl

Body image

Female body image has increasingly become one of the biggest issues facing young women— the latest cause to be championed by feminists. The way that we look at ourselves is the difference between a happy, confident lifestyle, and a life spent neurotically trying to live up to someone else’s beauty standard. Body image is different from other causes, being extremely personal and likely to bring up a lot of trauma.

I’m not saying I’m over all my body insecurities, but I don’t want them to take over the way that I look at myself. If this is the only life you get, why on earth would you choose to spend it thinking that you’re ugly? Because in reality, we all have beautiful and ugly sides to ourselves, just like we have good and bad sides, pure and sullied, yin and yang, battling each other out into infinity.

I see this problem in my daughter who is 13. She often tell's me she hates her thigh's, because they are too big......lol
  • Friscochick
    • May 2004

This is so true. Being a woman it is very hard to be "happy" with ourselves. IMO you need to find a good groove to except the bad and love the good. Being the best person you can be is the ultimate goal. Setting good examples for our daughters and young woman out there is a way we can help build a better generation.

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

It's truly amazing how much influence this has on our lives.

Comment

• rado

women look great anyway.....

well most of them

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

Originally posted by rado
          women look great anyway.....

well most of them

LOL

Comment

Working...