X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 01dragonslayer
    Banned
    • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Roughrydr
    My new baby. 14 month old Treeing Walker Coonhound. Got her from the humane society. She is gorgeous, and already daddy's girl. Of course she thinks she's momma's lap dog. Lol.
    Great lookin' pup.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
      Banned
      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Friggemall
      Dachshunds are easy for me to not get, my ex has 3. I'm afraid I'd take my hatred of her out on a poor sweet dog. Now a golden or Newfie (or other big dog) and I might be in trouble, lol. It's just been too hard for me to get nother after having to put my Josie (brittany) down 4 years ago.
      I have done it twice and its not any easier the second time.

With our last dog my wife and I asked our vet when do you know when its the right time? He replied and said if you are prolonging the dogs life you are not hurting your pet but when you are prolonging their death then you need to rethink what best for your dog.

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

My last dog died January 3rd. She was a Dobie, shepherd mix. Beautiful dog. I was at work, she was lying on the back patio with my wife and just stopped breathing. She was 14. The dog before that was a huge furry chow. Huge dog, but very loving. He was 15 when we put him down. Hip dysplasia on both of them. It was so much easier with the natural death than putting one down.
        We now have 7 dogs buried on our fence line from all the previous dogs.
        I think this one will be my last at my age. It's possible she could outlive me.
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
          Banned
          • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Roughrydr
          My last dog died January 3rd. She was a Dobie, shepherd mix. Beautiful dog. I was at work, she was lying on the back patio with my wife and just stopped breathing. She was 14. The dog before that was a huge furry chow. Huge dog, but very loving. He was 15 when we put him down. Hip dysplasia on both of them. It was so much easier with the natural death than putting one down.
          We now have 7 dogs buried on our fence line from all the previous dogs.
          I think this one will be my last at my age. It's possible she could outlive me.
          That sucks brotha. I have always been amazed how attached you can get to an animal. They truly become one of the family.

Comment

• Rot-Iron66
            • Sep 2016

Thats awesome, congrats bud...

Comment

Working...