Spinning class

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • majortink

Spinning class

Ok, did my first spinning class yesterday and my private parts are KILLING ME!!!!:argh: anyone know how long it will take before that doesn't hurt anymore??? I really liked the class - got my heart rate up like crazy - thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest! but I really, really, really don't like the after effects on my poor woohoo!
  • KitKat

If it's that bad you can buy bike shorts that are padded. They help from the pain. If it is something you can tolerate for a while you're body should adjust after a few classes.

Comment

• majortink

ok, if it will only take a few classes then I think I can tough it out......guess I can't bring in my own gel seat, eh???? 'cause I don't have that issue with my bike at home with my nice cushy gel seat!

Comment

• SarahPT
        AE Female Member
        • Sep 2007

Gel seats rule. I need one for my mountain bike because it makes me sore too. I agree that it should only take a few classes to adjust. Good luck!
        Personal trainer, sports nutritionist, figure coach, freelance writer, distance runner, and insane person

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com

Comment

• Tiffers

Mehhhh, I hop on the saddle with a THONG on under my shorts! MUAHAHAHA!!! I <3 spinning so much.

If that was your first time to do it then yes, you'll be very sore (even up through your ass). The soreness and raw feeling will go away after a couple of times riding. I can go for a couple of months without going to a spin class and still not be sore when I get back into it. Good luck and happy healing!

Comment

• ironmaidn

Spinning Rocks! Yes, will only take a few classes. The gel seats really help and padded "biker shorts". Enjoy! The class is great for the glutes and quads!

Comment

• CTri17
              Vet
              • Sep 2007

gel seats are good if you are super sensitive but I would say after 3-5 times you should be set if you can just tough it out. One thing i've learned as a spinning instructor is not to wear a thong....it makes it so much worse! either go commando or wear normal undies!
              *Christina*

Comment

Working...