Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Over 50 and beyond.
User Name
Password

Old 02-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
dalnkwnt
Vet

dalnkwnt will become famous soon enoughdalnkwnt will become famous soon enough
Cant stop gaining weight!!!

Help!!! Im 44 in a few weeks and I just cant stop gaining weight. This is the longest i have been off T3 in a while but my appetite is just ridiculous! Im never full and I wake up in the morning starving for breakfast. Im 282 lbs right now and back in the gym on the regular, on a good cycle, taking HGH but Im getting fatter every day it seems. I have the motivation but I just cant stop eating. Im 3XXXL for all shirts, coats, hoodies etc...My waist line is about a 42" I been at this lifting thing and dieting thing for well over 25 years and now I feel like Ive just lost all my knowledge in the last year because I took some time off....too much time. My workouts suck and my lactic acid builds up so quick. I have tons of experience compared to all the younger people at the gym but Im almost embarrassed to be lifting next to them now. IDK wtf is wrong with me....this was hard opening up to everyone on here cause Im the typical alpha male but I need more motivation and help. I have high cholesterol and blood pressure all of a sudden. My heart beats rapid when I do basic shit...I dont wanna die because Im not healthy. Maybe my gear isnt real or isnt kicking in?? Idk Any advice.....oh btw I manage a gym and have 4 national certs for PT lol im just stuck and in a bad place lately.
dalnkwnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Maybe var will help control hunger.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #3
dalnkwnt
Vet

Just started Var today....hopefully
Old 02-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
krustus
VET

krustus will become famous soon enoughkrustus will become famous soon enough
can't say i know for sure what your issue is...but i had a similar situation.. after years of always being in the gym and watching diet etc,.. i let myself slide.

slid way further than i ever anticipated.. when i finally tried to start back i honestly thought i was gonna have a heart attack.. i went to to the doc.. everything.. the answer was i was just in such piss poor shape that it was gonna take time, effort and commitment to get back!

took a couple of years to get close...and now i am back to being really fit again!!!.. so i hope your issue is the same and not any kind of health complication!

good luck friend..the comeback over 40 was a tough climb for me...but well worth it!
krustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
dalnkwnt
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustus View Post
can't say i know for sure what your issue is...but i had a similar situation.. after years of always being in the gym and watching diet etc,.. i let myself slide.

slid way further than i ever anticipated.. when i finally tried to start back i honestly thought i was gonna have a heart attack.. i went to to the doc.. everything.. the answer was i was just in such piss poor shape that it was gonna take time, effort and commitment to get back!

took a couple of years to get close...and now i am back to being really fit again!!!.. so i hope your issue is the same and not any kind of health complication!

good luck friend..the comeback over 40 was a tough climb for me...but well worth it!
Thanks bro! Im also working out now in the mornings before work. getting food in me and getting to the gym in time to have enough time to shower and go to work is hard.

it just isnt as satisfying as before. Im boosting my test up a bit..been taking very very low levels...maybe this will help
Old 02-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #6
krustus
VET

Quote:
it just isnt as satisfying as before. Im boosting my test up a bit..
BOY CAN I RELATE TO THAT!!!.. when i decided to get back it was truly not as satisfying .. maybe because i hadn't started testosterone yet?.. maybe because i could remember the old me and i wasn't close!!..

but i stuck it out.. got on a good TRT regiment.. ran a few lower dosed cycles and got back

i wish i had some better before pics..lol.. but i was too ashamed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg krustus-transformation-over-40-8-YEARS-PLUS-SQUARE.jpg (62.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 02-21-2017, 11:05 PM   #7
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
BOY CAN I RELATE TO THAT!!!.. when i decided to get back it was truly not as satisfying .. maybe because i hadn't started testosterone yet?.. maybe because i could remember the old me and i wasn't close!!..

but i stuck it out.. got on a good TRT regiment.. ran a few lower dosed cycles and got back

Killa transformation man!
Old 02-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #8
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
I know they make supplements to curb your hunger. Figure out what your lbm is and adjust your calorie intake for it. That way even if you do get hungry at least you'll know you're getting enough food without over eating . It will take a couple weeks for the brain to adjust which is why you'll still feel hungry for a bit. Grab a supplement to help with food cravings if it gets difficult.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:35 AM   #9
jrod

jrod will become famous soon enough
Are you taking any other prescription meds? Some meds have side effects such as weight gain and eating more. I had something similar in which I would put in muscle while on cycle but not lose weight. It also didn't help that I hated doing cardio!
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #10
krustus
VET

Quote:
Are you taking any other prescription meds? Some meds have side effects such as weight gain and eating more.
this is a good suggestion... had a friend on some kind of meds (anti depressant i think?) and he could hardly keep from gaining weight..
Old 02-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #11
dalnkwnt
Vet

Quote:

awesome work....im happy to say Im not as outta shape as your outta shape pics...no offense...just saying i didnt slip that far thank god :-)
Old 02-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #12
dalnkwnt
Vet

im taking anxiety meds, stuff for acid re flux, high blood pressure meds.....when i started the HBP meds i pissed all day and all night at first then that subsided

I just got nolvadex in and im getting 1000 t3 tabs in next week (im hoping this is my problem or what i been missing) ever since i was 28 yrs old (44 now) i always used a lil t3 to lose weight...this time i started without t3 and havent touched t3 in over a year now
Old 02-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #13
krustus
VET

Quote:
awesome work....im happy to say Im not as outta shape as your outta shape pics...no offense...just saying i didnt slip that far thank god :-)
no offense taken friend...lol.. the truth is the truth!!!

Quote:
im taking anxiety meds, stuff for acid re flux, high blood pressure meds
not sure as i'm no doc... but my buddy had some meds that were holding back his fatloss efforts... and he may have said it was anxiety meds.. don't remember for sure
Old 02-24-2017, 07:58 AM   #14
tobyonekinobi
Vet

tobyonekinobi will become famous soon enough
I bet that acid reflux medicine has all the good bacteria in your gut all fucked up and your not breaking down the foods properly therefore not getting the nutrition from the food your eating. Kind of an off the wall theory but if your stomach isnt right then your not getting the nutrition. I would look into some home remedies for that acid reflux. Sometimes you need more acid in your stomach. My wife had it and did her own thing and built her stomach back up and never took those. I bet the anxiety meds are doing something too.
tobyonekinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #15
krustus
VET

Quote:
My wife had it and did her own thing and built her stomach back up and never took those.
that sounds interesting ... how did she do that?