Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Training
User Name
Password

Old 05-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #46
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
keep listening to your body, big boy. Does adjustments help any at all? Have you been going consistently to see if any improvements?
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:12 AM   #47
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
keep listening to your body, big boy. Does adjustments help any at all? Have you been going consistently to see if any improvements?
Seen the chiro 2 days after it happened - back was still very tender. He adjusted on the side with the sciatic pain - not only did it not help, think it made it a little worse. So no thanks - it's coming along fine now with my own rehab - just a matter of time brother.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:43 AM   #48
water43
Vet

water43 will become famous soon enough
how bout' them shoulders been tryin to stretch them a lot to your arms back to squat ? back getting better ?
Old 05-30-2018, 03:39 AM   #49
Dawgpound_Hank

Back has been better now for a couple weeks. Doing bb & tbars again so gtg. Thank ya Lord above!

Right shoulder still screwed - bpc did nothing for me. Chest and delt days totally suffer regarding any heavy weights. But I've been hitting the iron now for 40 years, so hey I could be a SHITLOAD worse off. I can go 100% on back, legs and arms.

Chest and delts is more pumping blood in there with high reps & light weights (fuckin' KILLS me to say "light weights" ), then icing after, along with some naproxen or ibuprofen to help sleep at night. I've been doing pre-exhaust to make weights feel heavier. My days of starting with ANY type of pressing for chest and delts are over - or at least unless if I have RC surgery one day. I also use alot of partial ROM - the way I see it, the less ROM the shoulder joint has to move, the less pain and damage being done. So if I do any pressing, it's the middle 1/3 of the movement, since going deep OR going full extension hurts like a mofo. Doing this believe it or not has
allowed me to not lose any size in the pecs and delts. I think there's something to be said about once you have the size, it's easy to maintain it, even without heavy weights. Ol' Arnie was right about the pump.

End of the day, I'll take a screwed shoulder, elbow, AND knee combined over a screwed lower back. At least one can function somewhat outside of the gym with the first 3, but when the back is fucked, ya can't function at all.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:05 AM   #50
Dawgpound_Hank

Been awhile since logging anything. Shoulders are much better now after a lil GH run believe it or not. I injured it again after the first gh run, and thought the gh gig was just a fluke. But I'll be damned if the injury didn't subside after a few weeks - just like it used to do when younger. Obviously it's not 100%, but it's a shitload better prior to trying gh. Lumbar healed up long ago. Feeling pretty friggin' good now with no major aches & pains - thank God. Not bad for 55 and still going "smart" heavy as I can on most exercises.

8-21-18

Bdwt = 247

Back & shoulders
-----------------
Wide vertical grip pulldowns - 100 x 20, 140 x 12, 180 x 8, 220 x 11*, 240 x 8*
T-Bar rows - 2P (plates) x 15, 3P x 10, 4P x 8, 5P x 11*, 6P x 7*
DB row - 90 x 12, 120* x 16*, 140 x 10*
V-bar pulldowns - 160 x 12*, 180 x 8*, 120 x 14* (hold contractions for 3 seconds)

DB press - 30's x 20, 50's x 15 x 2, 80's x 20*, 100's x 11*
DB side laterals - 30's x 15, 40's x 17*, 50's x 11* (triple-drop 40's x 8, 30's x 13, 20's x 22)*
DB front raise - 30's x 10, 40's x 13*, 50's x 9*
DB rear laterals (braced on low incline bench) - 3 x 10-15*, 30's - 45's

Smith shrugs - 225 x 30, 315 x 25*, 405 x 15*, 455 x 11*

Hyperextensions - 2 x 30-40*, bdwt

* = worksets
Old 08-22-2018, 08:28 PM   #51
chicken_hawk
VET

chicken_hawk has a spectacular aura aboutchicken_hawk has a spectacular aura about
Just remember we only get hurt when we are feeling good LOL. Keep it up big dog!

Hawk
chicken_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:04 PM   #52
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_hawk View Post
Just remember we only get hurt when we are feeling good LOL. Keep it up big dog!

Hawk
You got that right brother. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:22 PM   #53
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
Been awhile since logging anything. Shoulders are much better now after a lil GH run believe it or not. I injured it again after the first gh run, and thought the gh gig was just a fluke. But I'll be damned if the injury didn't subside after a few weeks - just like it used to do when younger. Obviously it's not 100%, but it's a shitload better prior to trying gh. Lumbar healed up long ago. Feeling pretty friggin' good now with no major aches & pains - thank God. Not bad for 55 and still going "smart" heavy as I can on most exercises.

8-21-18

Bdwt = 247

Back & shoulders
-----------------
Wide vertical grip pulldowns - 100 x 20, 140 x 12, 180 x 8, 220 x 11*, 240 x 8*
T-Bar rows - 2P (plates) x 15, 3P x 10, 4P x 8, 5P x 11*, 6P x 7*
DB row - 90 x 12, 120* x 16*, 140 x 10*
V-bar pulldowns - 160 x 12*, 180 x 8*, 120 x 14* (hold contractions for 3 seconds)

DB press - 30's x 20, 50's x 15 x 2, 80's x 20*, 100's x 11*
DB side laterals - 30's x 15, 40's x 17*, 50's x 11* (triple-drop 40's x 8, 30's x 13, 20's x 22)*
DB front raise - 30's x 10, 40's x 13*, 50's x 9*
DB rear laterals (braced on low incline bench) - 3 x 10-15*, 30's - 45's

Smith shrugs - 225 x 30, 315 x 25*, 405 x 15*, 455 x 11*

Hyperextensions - 2 x 30-40*, bdwt

* = worksets
Dayyyyuuuuuuuuuummm I look at this workout and it seems like friggin' 10 years ago! I haven't been able to do ANY delt work in many months now. None, nada, zip. And for chest, all I can do is some light presses on a seated bench press machine to try to get some blood in there. Even then, the shoulder the next day hurts more than usual, which means I wake up every 30 mins instead of every hour at night.

My shoulder is soooo fukked that on back day, I can't even reach up with the long lat bar attachment to put on the hook. I gotta stand on the seat, lay the bar across my shoulder, then attach it. But I can still do lat pulldowns after that with minimal pain. And everything else is gtg, legs, back, arm workouts 100%. But on arms, there are some things I can't do. I can't do normal bb/ez bar curls bcoz of the slight activation of delts involved. I can't do seated incline db curls. I can't do any close grip bp or any direct overhead tricep work, ie, French press with bb, db or cable. So I do drag curls with bb or db, preacher curls with bb or db, hammer db curls with elbows back, concentration curls, cable pushdowns ez bar, lying db tri extensions on a 45 incline - which hurts shoulder when getting set and lower db done when done, db kickbacks, and one arm reverse pushdowns with rope. Other than ALLLL that, gtg hehe.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:52 PM   #54
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Dayyyyuuuuuuuuuummm I look at this workout and it seems like friggin' 10 years ago! I haven't been able to do ANY delt work in many months now. None, nada, zip. And for chest, all I can do is some light presses on a seated bench press machine to try to get some blood in there. Even then, the shoulder the next day hurts more than usual, which means I wake up every 30 mins instead of every hour at night.

My shoulder is soooo fukked that on back day, I can't even reach up with the long lat bar attachment to put on the hook. I gotta stand on the seat, lay the bar across my shoulder, then attach it. But I can still do lat pulldowns after that with minimal pain. And everything else is gtg, legs, back, arm workouts 100%. But on arms, there are some things I can't do. I can't do normal bb/ez bar curls bcoz of the slight activation of delts involved. I can't do seated incline db curls. I can't do any close grip bp or any direct overhead tricep work, ie, French press with bb, db or cable. So I do drag curls with bb or db, preacher curls with bb or db, hammer db curls with elbows back, concentration curls, cable pushdowns ez bar, lying db tri extensions on a 45 incline - which hurts shoulder when getting set and lower db done when done, db kickbacks, and one arm reverse pushdowns with rope. Other than ALLLL that, gtg hehe.
Sounds like a bad ac joint Hank. Mine's not so terrible anymore since keeping the rep range between 8-15.
I use to do a lot of sets of 6 years ago which I think is what caused it I initially. Can't do decline bench anymore either. Too painful and will throw it off for 2 weeks. Other than that I just make sure I'm conscious of it. Everything I do I just make sure it's very controlled when repping. Seems to keep it from acting up.
b52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:46 PM   #55
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by b52 View Post
Sounds like a bad ac joint Hank. Mine's not so terrible anymore since keeping the rep range between 8-15.
I use to do a lot of sets of 6 years ago which I think is what caused it I initially. Can't do decline bench anymore either. Too painful and will throw it off for 2 weeks. Other than that I just make sure I'm conscious of it. Everything I do I just make sure it's very controlled when repping. Seems to keep it from acting up.
Wait 20 years my friend.

When I was your age I had been lifting for 18 years, and yet still had no injuries/issues at all. Warm up the RC's good every workout, and keep hammies flexible to help prevent lumbar issues. If I had known just those two things 20-25 years ago, I might not have incurred so many lumbar issues in the past, and a shoulder that is not so damaged these days.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:42 AM   #56
water43
Vet

water43 will become famous soon enough
a lot of imfo from DPH has helped my wo's conciderably ……. to strech out hammies b4 deads .t- bar ,bbl rows too and glutes/hips otherwise I was constantly killin my lower back and I could forget it for a mnth or something like that . thanks dph
Old 01-31-2019, 02:12 PM   #57
Dawgpound_Hank

Hey good to hear it helped you too!
Old 01-31-2019, 02:17 PM   #58
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Nothing will help my lower back with the pumps I'm getting from var right now. Couldn't even deadlift today they were so bad. At least I finished it. Happy I'm done with it for now.
b52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:44 PM   #59
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by b52 View Post
Nothing will help my lower back with the pumps I'm getting from var right now. Couldn't even deadlift today they were so bad. At least I finished it. Happy I'm done with it for now.
Haha yeah that's common - same with dbol. Of course I was talking about helping prevent lumbar injuries amigo.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:00 PM   #60
Aklion
VET

Aklion will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Wait 20 years my friend.

When I was your age I had been lifting for 18 years, and yet still had no injuries/issues at all. Warm up the RC's good every workout, and keep hammies flexible to help prevent lumbar issues. If I had known just those two things 20-25 years ago, I might not have incurred so many lumbar issues in the past, and a shoulder that is not so damaged these days.
Bro, I am just now recovering from a severe shoulder impingement, and I tried everything to make it better. Then i tried hanging therapy. If you haven't tried it, and for anyone else having impingement issues, it is really simple. I would take 15 minutes out of my day after training, and just hang from a bar. I raise my arms out in front of me, not wide grip, and grab the bar, step off of the bench I'm standing on and then just hang for 30 seconds. Rest for 15-20 seconds and then hang for 30 more. I do this until 15 minutes is up. After the first session, I slept comfortably for the first time in months. I do it every day now, and I am almost at 100% again after doing it for a few weeks. There are youtube videos that explain the mechanics behind why it works, and it seriously saved my ass. i thought I was going to need surgery, and doing something this simple was all it took
Aklion is offline   Reply With Quote