Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroids
User Name
Password

Old 02-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
warreng
VET

warreng will become famous soon enoughwarreng will become famous soon enough
Torn Quad

NA

Last edited by warreng; 05-17-2020 at 04:02 AM..
warreng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
tank100
VET

tank100 is on a distinguished road
Never a knee but have had several tears. A couple that required surgery. From your description I would say you probably need to go to the Dr. and have it checked out, especially if you start to see bruising. Keep ice on it and maybe some ibuprofen for the time being. Hope its not too serious bro.
tank100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
SauerJitsu2005

SauerJitsu2005 is on a distinguished road
I would definitely get it checked out. I hope it's nothing serious, buddy. Let us know what you find out.
SauerJitsu2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:45 AM   #4
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
A snap or a pop is never good news. Get it checked out early rather than later. It makes a big difference in healing if you get right on top of it.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #5
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
You need to get it checked immediately, if it requires surgery the sooner the better.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:27 PM   #6
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
Dam G, sorry to hear. Definitely get it checked out man!
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #7
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
You have a lot of guts to remove the weights for the next person. I would be sitting there panicking. Yeah, need to go to Dr or ER asap. Any coloring in the area?

Hope you're ok, brother!
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:07 PM   #8
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Good call to hit urgent care. That is what I was going to suggest. Get that ball rolling.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:20 PM   #9
Aklion
VET

Aklion will become famous soon enough
Glad you got checked out bro. Take it easy on that knee!
Aklion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:41 PM   #10
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Oh man, sounds bad. Hopefully not too bad. Keep us posted.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:10 PM   #11
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by warreng View Post
It's bad, I can barely walk. Next step is to figure out a way to bench and chin, and see the ortho. Thank you for your support - it was traumatizing. Just laying there, before I knew it, prob blacked out for a sec, heard the knee pop, snap, etc. Will never forget all that.
Leg brace maybe? Tbar with the pad takes all the strain off your legs. Any back exercise that has a chest pad. I'm gonna say dumbbell pressing is out of the question. Probably gonna have to stick to barbell and ask for a spot when needed.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:25 AM   #12
Deadwood
VET

Deadwood is on a distinguished road
If you're on cycle you should think about adjusting dosages/type ASAP. You don't want to slow your tendon recovery (collagen synthesis) by running high test.
Deadwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:59 AM   #13
b52

Quote:
What if the doc asks about gear? Worried both because, for insurance purposes, it's not good to have that notated on your medical records, and also because I wonder whether it could interfere with surgery.,
Idk man. I think in this case you're SOL. But don't take my word I'm just thinking.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #14
Deadwood
VET

Deadwood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
High test has a negative effect on collagen synthesis? How much before you get that effect? What about other anabolics? GH and Anavar are supposedly good for collagen, no?
Test over 250mg/wk decreases collagen synthesis. Deca, anavar, EQ, and primo increase collagen synthesis. Winny increases synthesis but creates brittle tendons.

Quote from six different boards, but having trouble finding the study.
"While injecting test increases protein synthesis by roughly 50 times, depending on dose and time, most bodybuilders forget that it will reduce collagen synthesis by more than 50% – more like 80%, giving you the collagen synthesis rate of a senior citizen. Since collagen makes up tendons, bros are very prone to injury if they continue to lift very heavy, unless they cycle off T and let their collagen synthesis get back to normal. It’s like having the skeletal muscle of a gorilla with the tendons of a very old man."
Deadwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:45 PM   #15
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwood View Post
Test over 250mg/wk decreases collagen synthesis. Deca, anavar, EQ, and primo increase collagen synthesis. Winny increases synthesis but creates brittle tendons.

Quote from six different boards, but having trouble finding the study.
"While injecting test increases protein synthesis by roughly 50 times, depending on dose and time, most bodybuilders forget that it will reduce collagen synthesis by more than 50% – more like 80%, giving you the collagen synthesis rate of a senior citizen. Since collagen makes up tendons, bros are very prone to injury if they continue to lift very heavy, unless they cycle off T and let their collagen synthesis get back to normal. It’s like having the skeletal muscle of a gorilla with the tendons of a very old man."

The study that I seen cited on most forums in regard to test reducing collagen synthesis as I recall was a study of cardiac tissue in neonatal rats. If you find any human studies to this effect please post. I have seen several studies where it shows that winstrol increases type II cartilage which is thick and brittle. I take collagen peptides as some studies show they help with collagen synthesis.