Irongirl's competition log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irongirl

Slight incline bench press on smith machine (counter weight not included)
    50 x 7/5/2

Shoulder press machine
    100 x 5/4/2 not good....I did 8/5/3 last time

Close grip bench
    80 x 7/5/3

Ab training...first time training abs in a looong time, so I took it easy. I'll be sore tomorrow!

Swiss ball crunches 2 x 12
    Obliques in the hyperextension rack 4 x 10
    Lying leg lifts 2 x10

I usually do the 2 day split for DC, but I think I may go with a 3 day split. It's hard after working 12 hours to do chest, shoulders, tri's and 2 back exercises. I feel that I am not doing the back exercises any justice. So I gotta do a bit of reading to figure out what I should do.

Todays Diet

Meal 1- 50 gram protein shake, 2 fish oil caps

Meal 2- 1 cup egg whites, 1 slice FF cheese, 1 whole egg, 1/4 cup Fibre 1 cereal with skim milk, 1 tbsp flax oil, 2 fish oil caps

Meal 3- grilled chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, spinach salad with Italian dressing

Meal 4- 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 scoop protein powder (I only have this on days that I work and train after. I don't get off work until 8 pm)

Meal 5 (1 hour pre workout)- 1/3 cup oatmeal, 2/3 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg

During 2nd half of training- 20 grams BCAA's in water

Immediately after training- 1 scoop protein powder in water

Meal 6 (30 minutes after training)- 1 chicken breast, 1 large potato with Molly McButter, 2 ALA, 2 fish oil caps

Meal 7- 1 cup FF cottage cheese, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1 tbsp flax oil, 2 fish oil caps

Comment

• irongirl

Cardio this morning... 20 min bike, 35 min stepper

Comment

• Jester
        VET
        • May 2004

You're doin' great... cupcake... mo' powa' to ya'.........

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks Jester

Cardio....30 bike, 25 stepper

Comment

• irongirl

Trained this evening....

Alternate Db curls.....30 x 8/5/2

Hammer curls.....25 x 4, 20 x 4 (my elbow is causing big problems)

Leg extensions.....5 sets 20 (40 lbs)

DB SLDL's....2 sets 10 (30 lb DB's)

Lying ham curls....2 sets 20, 1 set 15 (cramped up on the last one) (45 lbs)

Leg press.....6 sets 30, 3 sets close stance, 3 sets wide (90 lbs)

Calf raises on leg press.....1 set 20 (90 lbs)

Left out the lunges to give my knee a break

Put on a pair of pants I couldn't squeeze into 2 weeks ago and now there's lots of room!!!! Soon time to break out the short tops

Comment

• Jester
              VET
              • May 2004

Originally posted by irongirl

Put on a pair of pants I couldn't squeeze into 2 weeks ago and now there's lots of room!!!! Soon time to break out the short tops
              Uh oh... here comes the bellybutton!!! :headbange

Comment

• goes4ever
                • Sep 2004

looking good IG!

Comment

• irongirl

Uh oh... here comes the bellybutton!!!
                  LOL...yup...I'm pissed though, cause I had it pierced earlier this year but my body rejected the damn thing so I gotta do it over again...christ, the things you go through to look cute

Thanks g4e....there always seems to be something to prevent me from doing more leg work....maybe it's all in my head, cause I don't want to do it....I need a partner with me who's going to MAKE me do it. The worst that can happen is that I'll cry or puke..lol..

Cardio this morning.....30 min on bike, 25 on stepper

Comment

• irongirl

Well, I just found out that I am going to compete in 2 shows...the first being Aug 20th- 5 weeks time!!!!!!! OMG..lol..it's a long complicated story. A huge conflict with the provincial BB association and another organization. To cut to the chase, I need to compete in this show to qualify for the World Qualifier next year, so....and I will qualify cause there'll only be a couple women compete anyway. Lame ass way to get in I know, but that's it. My goal is compete at a show outside my province where there are a greater number of competitors...just to say I did it...I have NO aspirations of winning anything. I think that would be a great accomplishment for me, ,and an awesome experience.....ok, a pic taken today. Please god you can see some difference from the first ones I posted. The next ones I post, I'll wear my posing suit from last year- it's still a little too small yet ! My diet guy says he'll have that ass ready to get on stage in 5 weeks...hope he's right.

Comment

• goes4ever
                      • Sep 2004

I think you are leaning out, not sure how much damage can be done in 5 weeks, but I will be rooting for you!

Comment

• irongirl

LOL...thanks...you all probably think I'm insane, but hey, you'd be surprised what 5 weeks can do when you're at this point...I'll just have to show ya...lol...and if I make a fool of myself, well fuck it...nothing ventured, nothing gained

Comment

• irongirl

30 minutes of cardio this evening. It's bumped up to 60 minutes 6 mornings a week, plus 30 min twice a week on non-training days.

Comment

• irongirl

60 minutes of cardio at lunchtime. It was too rainy to walk outside this morning, and our gym doesn't open until noon on Saturday The last 5 minutes were torture...I thought I was going to faint or puke- my blood sugar must have dropped to my boots.

Comment

• irongirl

I'm bored to death, so I figured I'd bore the rest of you that read this. I lead an exciting life as you can see

Meal 1- 1 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 splenda, 2 fish oil caps, 1 tbsp flax oil

Meal 2- 50 gram protein shake with 1 tbsp flax oil

Meal 3- chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice with salsa, spinach salad with Italian dressing

Meal 4- same as meal 3

Meal 5- 1 cup egg whites, broccoli, 2 fish oil caps, 1 tbsp flax oil

I missed a protein shake earlier today....I may have that later depending on how late I'm up

Comment

• goes4ever
                                • Sep 2004

nice diet, looks real familiar to the one my wife is following....

Comment

Working...