IG's competition journal - November 2006

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goes4ever
    • Sep 2004

that is odd about the treadmill.........but even if your heartrate is not high enough you have to be burning fat though.....right?

Comment

• irongirl

Originally posted by goes4ever
      that is odd about the treadmill.........but even if your heartrate is not high enough you have to be burning fat though.....right?
      Your target heart rate should be within 65-75% of your max heart rate to burn fat. So, yes, I was in that zone, but I like to be at the top of that- 75%.

Cardio this a.m. x 45 min. 30 on elliptical, 25 on bike. I had NO trouble getting and keeping my heart rate up!!

Non training day for me. Off to the city until Sunday so I'll be training at a better gym. yay!!

Comment

• irongirl

Time for an update. I was out of town for a few days, so I am going to give the condensed version

Thursday morning- cardio x 45 min. 30 min on the ARC trainer and 15 on treadmill. This was the first time I ever used the ARC and it is awesome!! I am gonna hit our new CEO at our Y up for one..lol..let's see how far I get with that!

I did legs that afternoon. Same as before.

Friday morning- 45 min cardio all on the ARC. Later in the morning I trained with Decay on this board. A good friend and fellow competitor. We did arms. This guy has wicked bicep development!!! Awesome! Made me look like a little girl..lol..

That was it for training and cardio. I had a good time Friday night. met up with Decay and his wife. Had some drinks (I had a lot ) It was my last drink til Xmas!! I had a ball!

Soooo, my competition diet started this morning- YAY!!!! I am so very excited!! My prep guy (Andy) has me on a keto diet for at least 3 weeks, to give me a kickstart. This is the first keto diet I have ever done. It'll be interesting!!

I will train later today- chest and shoulers

Comment

• goes4ever
          • Sep 2004

what is an ARC trainer

Comment

• irongirl

The one I used did not have the moveable arms, which I prefer.

Comment

• Matt76
              • May 2007

they just picked up 2 of those at are school. I think it hits my quads a little harder than I like so I steer clear of it

Comment

• irongirl

Originally posted by Matt76
                they just picked up 2 of those at are school. I think it hits my quads a little harder than I like so I steer clear of it
                lol...don't be wussy Matt I like it for that reason. And it hits the hams and glutes way better. I need all the help I can get there!

Comment

• goes4ever
                  • Sep 2004

looks interesting, never saw one before

Comment

• irongirl

My training from last evening....

Incline bench (smith machine- with smith exercises, # is weight on bar)
                    60 x 6
                    60 x 7
                    60 x 7

Cable Crossovers
                    50 x 8
                    60 x 8
                    50 x 8

DB Flyes (only discovered that I could do them today and it doesn't hurt my shoulder )
                    10 x 15
                    15 x 12
                    15 x 12

Shoulder press (smith)
                    35 x 8
                    40 x 8
                    40 x 7

Upright Rows
                    50 x 8
                    50 x 6
                    50 x 6

Front Raises
                    12 x 10
                    12 x 10
                    12 x 8

I had to warmup my shoulder a LOT before I could start. Holy crap you should hear it when I first start. And it hurts too!! After awhile it loosens up quite a bit and it's ok. I have gone up in weight to on the presses and bench, so it's cool. One of the things I do to warmup is that DC stretch Matt and Aaron showed me.

Cardio this am x 45 min. 30 on elliptical, 15 on bike. I am taking 24 mg ephedrine before cardio and holy crap do I ever sweat. I gotta bring a towel from now on.

It's amazing how only 1 day on my diet, and I feel like a million bucks lol

Comment

• Matt76
                      • May 2007

that DC stretch is a killer to say the least. Good looking workout, just make sure to take it ez and back down if it starts getting that weird feeling

Comment

• irongirl

Here's my back workout from yesterday....I was very pleased. I felt great, and strong.

Rack Deads - wow, the first 2 sets were easy!!!! The last one, my grip started to fail, but I had straps on so I made the 5 reps
                        240 x 5
                        250 x 5
                        250 x 5

BB Rows
                        80 x 8
                        80 x 8
                        85 x 8

Rear Delts (face pulls on seated row)
                        60 x 8
                        45 x 8
                        45 x 8

Wide grip Pulldowns
                        105 x 8
                        110 x 8
                        110 x 7

Narrow grip pulldowns
                        105 x 7
                        105 x 7

Cardio again this am x 45 min. I did 35 on the elliptical and 10 on the rower. I liked the rower a lot, it was fun

I know it's only the 3rd day on my diet, but I gotta say I feel and see a difference. It's all fluid I know, but it does wonders for the motivation!!

Comment

• goes4ever
                          • Sep 2004

dizam!........looking strong

Comment

• Decay

Good workout IG, sorry I missed it. Maybe next time...

(Thanks for the bicep comment btw. )

Comment

• irongirl

Well, I was away for a few days. I was in a place where I had no access to a gym, so I didn't train or do cardio. But, I am very proud to say, that I stuck to my diet 100%. I took all my food with me, and while evryone else ate take out and sweets, I had what I was supposed to. I am very proud of myself..lol..we stayed in a B&B where the owner always had freshly baked cookies/muffins, etc for the guests. And I must say that it didn't bother me a bit.

Comment

• goes4ever
                                • Sep 2004

that is awesome girl! wish I could say the same about my weekend diet!

Comment

Working...