• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strongisland631
    Vet
    • May 2007

GH for Surgery Recovery

Hello All,
    I have been on this board a long time but I didnt see much on GH and recovery three years ago when I had my first surgery and I don't see much on now. I had a diskectomy and laminectomy on L4-L5, L5-S1 three years ago. I recovered and went back to the gym and gained all my weight back - 6,1 235 11% bf. I also competed at an amateur level in college. Back in June I reinjured my back and the doctors are doing everything to avoid another surgery as I am in my late 20's. I took GH when I competed and I am thinking about running it again to help aid in recovery but I am wondering whether or not that will do anything for 2 herniated disks and severe sciatica?

I should say that after surgery I have not been able to train legs and I can train back light but not like I use to. My back used to be massive.

Anyone with back problems feel free to jump in.

Thanks
    S.I.
    "It is only till we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything."
  • -JP-

Hey bro as you know I just when through hernia surgery myself... I stopped the AAS use but I did do 2iu of GH 5 days on 2 off. I am not sure if it healed it quicker because of the GH or not but I can tell you that within a weeks time most people would never know I had surgery. My doctor was also very impressed with how quickly my scar healed. Having said that back surgery is quite different. My surgery involved no bone structure. I do think it could aid in your recovery though. If you do decide to give it a go try your best to find human grade GH not the generics... I am really questioning the quality lately of the generics. Best of luck to you though. Make sure to keep us updated with what happens.

Comment

• Strongisland631
      Vet
      • May 2007

Thanks very much JP - I actually commented on your post as well. I went in for an epidural two weeks ago and it has definitely helped a bit. At least now I can function becuase before that I could barely walk. I am debating whether or not I should go back to the gym and I am also debating whether or not to grab some GH. I had two MRIs and one disk is herniated and the other is severely torn and herniated but the doctors (i have seen multiple) are very reluctant to go back in because of all the complications that arise from 2 back surgeries in 3 years. That said I have been an athlete all my life and bodybuilder since I was 17 so its killing me to be out of the gym. I might have to go back and just try to ease into it and see what I can do. If GH is going to help aid me in my comeback with 2 herniated disks then I will certainly give it a try. GOOD LUCK to you as well bud.
      "It is only till we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything."

Comment

Working...