Hernia

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -JP-

Hernia

So i am not sure how it happened but somehow it did and I gave myself a Hernia... They tried getting me in for surgery tomorrow but I had them push it back till August 13 so I could get things in order with work etc. Surgeon is telling me I should not lift anymore then 25lbs for 3 months so I am going to try my best and follow his advice.

I have some questions for you guys though. I am in the middle of a cyc and am wondering if I should come off completely or is there a possiblity it could help me heal faster? I was also going to start GH soon as well and am wondering if I should just put everything on hold???? Any advice is greatly appreciated also if any of you have experience with Hernia's please share (how long was recovery etc). Thanks in advance..

JP
  • Trapology
    • Jan 2007

ahhh that hella sucks
    get well soon buddy
    Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• -JP-

Originally posted by Nigbo
      ahhh that hella sucks
      get well soon buddy
      Thanks bro I am not looking forward to this in anyway shape or form

Comment

• OKMEDIC
        • Oct 2007

I had a hernia a few years back. Was out for like 6-8 weeks. Back to work in like 3 tho. The GH will def help the healing issue. I had a friend whose tricep completely tore from his elbow. Had immediate surgery to reattach it and within 10 days the doctor couldn't believe his recovery. And yes we was on about 4iu's ed. As far as the cycle goes, I would stay on and stick with anything that would not bother the heria. That's just my thoughts. I, however, am no expert. I'm sure one or more of the mods/vets will chime in soon. Hope all goes well and speedy healing bro.
        The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of only one hour.

Comment

• GetBigger

imo bro get off the cycle. if you cant lift theres no piont on being on it. i dont c a problem with staying on the gh. might help ya heal faster and will also keep ya leaner while ur not able to lift.

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

• Scotsmark
            VET
            • Apr 2005

Where is the hernia?

Comment

• -JP-

Originally posted by OKMEDIC
              I had a hernia a few years back. Was out for like 6-8 weeks. Back to work in like 3 tho. The GH will def help the healing issue. I had a friend whose tricep completely tore from his elbow. Had immediate surgery to reattach it and within 10 days the doctor couldn't believe his recovery. And yes we was on about 4iu's ed. As far as the cycle goes, I would stay on and stick with anything that would not bother the heria. That's just my thoughts. I, however, am no expert. I'm sure one or more of the mods/vets will chime in soon. Hope all goes well and speedy healing bro.
              Thanks bro everything you said is pretty much what I have seen researching... They say the first week is hell but it gets better and better each week. Not looking forward to it at all. He is using the plug/mesh method. Are you able to fully lift now with no problems??? I am going to consider the GH not sure yet.

Originally posted by GetBigger
              imo bro get off the cycle. if you cant lift theres no piont on being on it. i dont c a problem with staying on the gh. might help ya heal faster and will also keep ya leaner while ur not able to lift.

GOOD LUCK!
              Thanks bro I am going to continue the research but so far I have seen some promising things as well that the GH will help with recovery time...The thing that pisses me off is how I was just getting into my stride week 6 with long esters HA

Originally posted by Scotsmark
              Where is the hernia?
              inguinal hernia (groin) supposedly the most common... Congrats on the wedding as well bro I haven't been on here much but I am laid up now haha I just saw your post happy for you

Comment

• Scotsmark
                VET
                • Apr 2005

Inguinal hernias do, unfortunately, need surgery to correct them. Unlike umbilical hernias (belly button) I've had a small one for 6 years now, never bothers me but I'm still careful not to aggravate it.

Thanks for the kind words, the wedding was fantastic, everything went as it was supposed to and everyone had a great day.

Comment

• OKMEDIC
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by -JP-
                  Thanks bro everything you said is pretty much what I have seen researching... They say the first week is hell but it gets better and better each week. Not looking forward to it at all. He is using the plug/mesh method. Are you able to fully lift now with no problems??? I am going to consider the GH not sure yet.
                  I had the mesh put in as well. The hernia was umbilical and he said I didn't have to fix it. I told him I wanted to do it on my schedule and not emergent if it blew on me while I was lifting or something. I am able to lift with no issues now. I was back at it pretty hard within the 6-8 week period. However, I wasn't doing heavy leg press or squats for at least 12-16 weeks. Even though it was pretty strong, I didn't want to chance ripping anything loose. Completely fine now tho. You will recover pretty well I'm sure. Just give it due time to heal. And the growth will def help. I wish I'd had some at the time. Keep us posted.
                  The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of only one hour.

Comment

• -JP-

Thanks for the support fellas I will keep you all posted probably going to give the GH a run at 2 i.u a days should help and hopefully the recovery will be somewhat quick... surgery t -7 days... Thanks again

Comment

• goin4275
                      VET
                      • Jan 2007

Bump... everyone here hoping for speedy revory... looks like end of beach season for ya
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Sorry to hear bro...quick healing to ya.

Comment

• -JP-

Thanks fellas appreciate it

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow JP...hope all goes great bro.

Comment

• -JP-

Thanks fellas... Had the surgery on Thurs. went very well was home within 3.5 hours... Thurs and Friday were not bad at all was even able to walk around pretty comfortably but Sat and Sun were terrible real bad pain and swelling... Started feeling better yesterday and today just soreness with a little pain and some tightness... The swelling/black-blue is nasty though all over the private area hopefully it will go away soon... Overall pretty happy with the recovery main problem I have right now is complete numbness in the surgery area which will hopefully go away with time will keep you guys updated.

Started taking 2iu a day yesterday Monday as well hopefully to speed recovery and help with loss of muscle

Thanks again

Comment

Working...