X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Puff88
    VET
    • Jan 2019

Back Acne

It seems like even on low dose TRT i am very prone to some annoying back acne. It seems to be centered on the middle of my back for the most part with a few randoms a bit lower, but not on my upper or shoulder area. I was prone to acne on the upper back and shoulder area back when i went through puberty, but never like this. They are dark, big, raised, and painful! Ive been using some prescription soaps my wife has, one is a sulfer soap for in the shower and the other is a cream, think its called aczone or something. At best, these may help settle them down here and there but no where near making them go away.

With summer approaching, im embarased to be in settings without a shirt on if other people are around. Which sucks, because on the same note i am very pleased with the physical progress ive made over the last 8 months. Anyone have any tips or advice? Not looking to take any oral acne medication, would prefer to keep to a soap or cream.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Perhaps the supplement DIM may help it takes awhile to work.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Puff88
      VET
      • Jan 2019

Thanks Lifts, will have to read up on it.

Comment

• AlphaMale
        VET
        • Mar 2018

You can get Isotrention (Retin-A) from many reputable research chem labs.
        Except that I’m pretty sure it’s not recommended for use in the son.
        Isotretinoin: learn about side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more on MedlinePlus
        Veteran

Comment

• Kluso
          Vet
          • Dec 2016

I get in same spot. What I hate is how bad they itch sometimes! And you can’t reach it! It has gotten way better since I started tanning. I’m guessing the UV rays are killing bacteria that cause it. May be worth a try and shit, get sexy tan too. Haha

Comment

• Puff88
            VET
            • Jan 2019

Ha i did start going back to tanning a few weeks ago because of it. They almost looked like it was getting better but man yesterday and today just so uncomfortable. My mom hugged me lastnight when leaving their house for east and she was like "oh whats this" because she can feel them through my shirt.

Comment

• MuscleSyrup
              • Mar 2021

I use Retin-A and body wash for oily skin. I leave the body wash on for about a minute before i rinse it off. Also tanning only temporarily helps as it dries out the skin. When the skin dries out your body will naturally produce more oil which will then inflame the acne in the long-term. Maybe try tanning on occasion

Comment

• kriegernindo
                VET
                • Feb 2020

I would never advise anyone to use that ingredient in Accutane. It's not worth it.

If you want quick results try this

Dandelion Root 500 mg 3x daily
                Burdock Root same dose as dandelion
                DIM - just take regular dose idk what that is never tried it
                MSM 1000 mg daily

Comment

• Puff88
                  VET
                  • Jan 2019

^^ what ingredient in accutane, the retin-a? What are the risks/sides that you dont like?

Any sides associated to dim?

And what is MSM?

Comment

• Kluso
                    Vet
                    • Dec 2016

A lot of guys swear by accutane but it is pure poison. Many say you don’t need the full dose and sides aren’t as bad. Found this study on low dose accutane.- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4009746/

Comment

• kriegernindo
                      VET
                      • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Puff88
                      ^^ what ingredient in accutane, the retin-a? What are the risks/sides that you dont like?

Any sides associated to dim?

And what is MSM?
                      They're horrible. Yes the main active ingredient in accutane is the retin-a if irc, sides are birth defects if the male impregnates the female. That was the main one I remember but by no means was that the only one. There was another having to do with long term damage maybe I think it was you couldn't have a healthy baby unless you were off it for a couple years.

No sides associated with DIM. None in the way of sides as you may know them from prescription drugs.

MSM is actually a patented version of sulfur. I want to say it's a government owned patent. Sulfur is the 4th most abundant mineral in the body but in our modern age it falls far below it due to not being in the soil anymore. Let me see if I can pull up some notes I have on it

Comment

• kriegernindo
                        VET
                        • Feb 2020

From my phone notes

Miracle of MSM by Jacob, MD, et al.

Amazing info on MSM and reviews:

-------

ProHealth Longevity creates high-quality anti-aging supplements backed by science. Browse products suited to your needs that encourage a long, healthy lifestyle.

Health Benefits

Drs. Jacob, Herschler, and others have reported benefits to patients of using MSM to be:
                        •Relief from acidity and heartburn
                        •Relief of environmental, food and drug allergies
                        •Relief from symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
                        •Animal research at Ohio State University College of Medicine has shown that oral MSM supplementation can protect against the onset of breast cancer in laboratory animals

•Research at OSU also shows MSM to be a preventative agent for colon
                        cancer

•Herschler discovered MSM could produce sometimes extraordinary relief from symptoms of emphysema

•Animal research has shown MSM to have anti-inflammatory effects on the eyes

•Research has shown rapid relief, even in stubborn cases, of stomach
                        distress, constipation, gastrointestinal inflammation and recurring diarrhea

•Dr. J.M. Seigel, also of OHSU in Portland, Oregon, reported extending the lifespans of animals with lupus erythematosus

•Research shows MSM is capable of reducing or eliminating leg and back cramps, muscle spasms, and general soreness

•Research has shown that MSM is remarkably effective in treating
                        parasitic and fungal infections both on the skin and internally,
                        including fungus, giardia, trichimonas and intestinal worms such as nematoces, enterobius, and others

•Patent information reports MSM has been found to be effective in
                        eliminating external scars including stretch marks, burns, and surgical incisions

•Herschler discovered that MSM softened the skin, making it more elastic

•Because of its effect on collagen and protein, MSM helps reduce the
                        hardening of skin and connective tissue, thus making it an extraordinary treatment for improving the quality of the hair, skin and nails

•A study at OHSU shows significant reduction in snoring after applying a liquid MSM solution to each nostril in test subjects

How Much MSM Should Be Used?

To be effective therapeutically, MSM should be taken frequently,
                        ideally, every day Researchers have generally used daily dosages of between 250 mg and 2,000 mg. In severe cases, up to 12,000 mg. per day have been used without side effects.

------

MSM oxygenates and cleanses on a cellular level. It can help remove all the poisons that we are being bombarded with (see also the article I offer on boron / borax

Recommended Dosage: (There are 453 grams in a lb. 1 lb. of MSM is about 28.3 days supply at recommended dose for a 200-lb. person)

1 teaspoon (4 grams) for every 100 lbs., of body weight / twice a day. Thus, if a person weighs 150 lbs., 1 and 1/2 teaspoons twice a day.

(If you take less than the recommended dose you will still benefit, and taking less is better than taking none; but if you really need to detox, if you have not done any internal cleanses and don't follow the best diet, it would be good to take AT LEAST the recommended dose for at least a month, ideally 3 months, before dropping back to a half dose or twice a day or a full dose one a day if your budget cannot afford the recommended dose. You can take a larger dose and you can take it more frequently. If you have serious health issues or have been subjected to a lot of toxins in the air, food, workplace, chemtrails, vaccines, or are fighting illness or injury, your body may need even more.)

MSM can be used topically, you can brush your teeth and gums with it, you can even use a nebulizer to get micro amounts into your breathing passage and lungs to clean them out / detox.

A larger dose or more frequent doses may be constipating, so monitor your body's signals and if that is the case, then try taking some psyllium/fiber 1/2 after your MSM.

============
                        Cancer and Chemotherapy: Study members undergoing cancer treatment who took 40 - 60 g of Organic Sulfur (3 - 4 tablespoons) twice a day had no nausea, diarrhea, or hair loss during chemotherapy. There was also a surprisingly noticeable reduction of cancer cell counts as reported by their oncologists. (I don't recommend chemotherapy or radiation, cancer can't live in the presence of oxygen. I'll probably never get cancer due to all the sulfur I drink, but if anyone I knew had cancer, I'd recommend they drink 3-4 tablespoons of sulfur twice a day, while also using other bioxidative treatments, and taking other supplements such as megadoses of vitamin C for enhanced immunity. Hep C / HIV: One person regenerated his liver to a healthy state after 25 years of Hepatitis C with only this specific Organic Sulfur (eighteen months of two table-spoons of organic sulfur twice a day). About a dozen people report blood analyses improving after about a year. Three people report the dark-skin of legs from Hep C going away within two weeks. Please remember that results vary. . Other bioxidative treatments including ozone work great also for deactivating Hep C.

======

----------

Healing-yourself.com

MSM or Methylsulfonylmethane occurs naturally in many fresh foods but is lost during processing. Its main use in the body is for collagen synthesis, forming skin, blood vessels, hair and nails. Its main benefit is to keep cells, skin and blood vessels elastic, which is the attribute of youth. That is why organic sulphur is often regarded as the beauty mineral. It keeps cell walls permeable so that nutrients can freely flow into the cells and wastes and toxins can easily be removed.

Amino acid chains are usually linked with each other through flexible sulphur bridges. Also the oxidative energy production of cells requires reactive sulphur compounds. Without sufficient organic sulphur as in the form of MSM cells and body structures lose their elasticity and flexibility. The result are the well-known signs of aging: inelastic skin with increasing wrinkles, scar tissue, hardening arteries, varicose veins and also hardened lungs causing emphysema. Sufficient MSM is able to reverse these conditions to a significant degree, including emphysema. It is believed that the MSM in Aloe Vera is the active ingredient for repairing damaged skin.

MSM is used by athletes to increase stamina and minimise sore muscles. Its use for this purpose is even more widespread with racehorses and greyhounds. This effect may be mainly due to the ability of MSM to greatly increase the body's ability to eliminate metabolic residues, wastes and toxins from the cells. In a similar way it appears to help those with chronic fatigue. With this it also helps us to recuperate from severe physical and mental exhaustion. MSM reduces the effects of stress and the incidence of stress related deaths in animals

MSM tends to reduce or eliminate allergic reactions to foods, chemicals and inhaled allergens. It also reduces reactions to the bites of mosquitos, bees, poisonous spiders and snakes. It lessens inflammation, pain, stiffness and swellings due to arthritis or from other musculoskeletal system disorders and helps to normalise the blood chemistry in these conditions. It also reduces inflammations of the skin and mucous membranes. MSM relieves leg and back cramps and muscle spasms, be it after periods of inactivity (night cramps) or during athletic activities.

Other conditions that often benefit from MSM supplementation are hot flashes as well as discomfort due to the monthly cycle, also acne, asthma, back pain, candida, constipation, diabetes, diarrhea, diverticulitis, gastro-intestinal ulcers, hypertension, inflammations of all kinds, itching skin, migraines, nausea, pain, stress, sunburn and wound healing. It should also be helpful with other chronic degenerative or inflammatory conditions, especially Alzheimer's disease, cancer, Crohn's disease, myasthenia gravis and Parkinson's disease.

Fingernails and hair have a high sulphur content and generally improve with MSM. It also reduces parasite infections in the intestinal and urogenital tracts. MSM appears to normalise our mental condition. Individuals on MSM tend to report increased alertness, reduced mood swings and less depression. It seems to improve the immune system and the senses of taste and smell. In addition, it neutralises the toxicity of anticholinesterase, thereby providing protection against insecticide exposure or ingestion. It also aids the liver in the detoxification of chemicals and, with this, is useful to ease drug withdrawal symptoms.

The Oregon Health Service University demonstrated in many years of clinical use that MSM:

inhibits pain impulses along nerve fibres (analgesia)
                        lessens inflammation
                        increases blood supply
                        reduces muscle spasm
                        softens scar tissue.
                        How to Use MSM

Unlike the related DMSO, MSM is a natural food ingredient and is free of unpleasant taste and odour. It is reported to be completely safe even in very high amounts. Because of its inert composition, it does not cause allergies or undesirable pharmacological effects. It can even safely be used to dilute blood. The body will use what it needs and remove any excess through the kidneys. The water-soluble MSM is easily absorbed and provides a therapeutically important source of organically bound sulphur.

The daily maintenance intake commonly ranges from 1 to 10 g in two or more divided doses. Heavy individuals may go to the upper limit while lightweight individuals may use about 5 g. However, try to adjust the dose according to your wellbeing or observed effects. You may use more or less of these commonly used amounts. Initially I suggest starting with about 1 g and increase the dosage only gradually to the full amount.

The reason for a slow increase is that MSM often causes some beneficial but uncomfortable cleansing reactions. This may result in headaches, nausea, diarrhea or weakness for a few days. If you are already on a high dose when this happens, just reduce or stop the intake until it is over. Cleansing reactions are a common and necessary part of effective natural healing methods.

If you want to overcome a specific health problem faster you may experiment temporarily with taking more than your usual maintenance dose. It is often recommended to take one dose in the morning and another one in the evening but I prefer to spread the intake more evenly during the day. You may do this by dissolving the daily amount in a glass of fruit juice or herb tea and taking a sip now and then. The exact amount used each day is not critical. You may equate a rounded teaspoonful of the fine, white crystals as being approximately 5g.

The benefit of MSM will be enhanced by a diet high in vitamin C or with additional vitamin C supplements. You may also use MSM externally to carry other nutrients or remedies into the skin. With arthritis or connective tissue problems or generally for skin rejuvenation, you may dissolve glucosamine, copper salicylate, sodium ascorbate, magnesium chloride and MSM in a small amount of (warm) water and aloe vera gel and rub it into the affected area.

The cheapest source of bulk lots in the United States is www.bulkmsm.com where you can also find more information on MSM. In Australia see www.strideintohealth.com.

Caution: Individuals with plenty of sulphur in their diet (e.g. from eggs and onions) may not experience any benefits from using MSM supplements. Furthermore, individuals who are sensitive to sulphites (often used as preservative) also may react to MSM. This is usually due to a deficiency of molybdenum and can be overcome with supplementation (try 500 mcg).

-----

Miracle: https://petersmanjak.com/msm-miracle/

Govt Patented Nutrient : http://www.naturalmom.com/MSMart.htm

____

MSM for DIABETES

What do we use MSM for at The Plan? • ‪Acid‬ Reflux • Healthy collagen synthesis for skin, hair and nails • Wrinkles • ‪Asthma‬ • ‪Arthritis‬ • ‪Inflammation‬ (especially of mucous membranes) • ‪Candida‬- Read more…

Sulfur also aids carbohydrate metabolism, which is significant for hypoglycemics and diabetics. Sulfur is an important component of insulin, the protein hormone secreted by the pancreas. Low levels of sulfur in the diet can result in low insulin production. It is possible that a diet rich in sulfur could increase the body’s ability to produce insulin to a point where insulin injections could be reduced

------

Healing-yourself.com

_______

How does MSM help with parasites?
                        MSM has proven to be a very effective treatment for parasites. Research shows that MSM works by laying a coating over the intestinal areas where some types of parasites normally attach themselves. This coating makes it impossible for parasites to attach themselves to your body. Since they are not attached to your body, the parasites are simply flushed out of your system through the process of elimination. MSM can be used against worms, giardia, trichomonas, and other types of parasites. Making sure that you have an adequate daily intake of MSM can help to ensure that the parasites do not have a chance to make themselves at home inside your body. MSM has the ability to return the parasite susceptible tissue to normalcy with no impairment or injury to host. MSM has an alleviating or curing effect on a variety of parasitic systemic microbial infections

Using technology developed by Dr. Royal Rife, Gary Wade has invented an ultrasound scanning rife device that kills harmful microbes and pathogens with multiple frequencies. Many articles on this site tell how.

MSM improves the permeability of cell membranes. This improves the uptake of nutrients and many vitamins and elimination of waste products and excess cellular fluids.

MSM dilates blood vessels, enhancing the blood circulation-This too, helps to eliminate waste products from the body, which speeds up healing.

-----

DETOXIFICATION

MSM dissolves in many organic & inorganic compounds. Bound to the mucosa and split into an electron deficient group (CH3SO4), MSM reacts with toxins, affects inactivation and speeds excretion. Plus, MSM enhances permeability of cell membranes, making them easier for nutrients to be taken up by the cells, and waste products to be eliminated. Speaking practically, MSM drastically increases the ability of cells to excrete toxic waste products. Health practitioners working with MSM state that it is the most powerful detoxifying nutraceutical or pharmaceutical agent they have ever worked with.

-------

NEUROLOGICAL DISEASES

Toxic materials, like heavy metals and organic compounds are extremely sensitive by the brain. Many of these compounds accumulate in nerve cells where they cause severe oxidative damage. Neurological disturbances can be the result. MSM is one of the few antioxidants that can pass easily through the blood-brain barrier. It prevents and repairs oxidative damage and restores cell membrane elasticity and permeability. This allows nerve cells to begin excretion of waste products.

MSM is considered a potentiator of most vitamins and other nutrients, such as vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, all B vitamins, vitamin A, D, E, amino acids, selenium, calcium, magnesium and many others. MSM improves the cellular uptake of these nutrients, and prolongs their lives. The body can better utilize the nutrients, and taking dietary supplements is more efficient. Plus, fewer dietary supplements need be taken.

Comment

• Puff88
                          VET
                          • Jan 2019

Cool thanks for the info.

I just ordered some doxycycline and will give that a try for 2 weeks or so and see if it helps settle things down so the soaps can do their job.

Comment

Working...