X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Puff88
    VET
    • Jan 2019

Aspirate

I know, I know - you should always aspirate. And for the most part I usually do, unless it is too early in the morning and I forget or I am pinning at an awkward angle using my left hand. This morning I did not aspirate when pinning in my right delt, as I am pretty comfortable and confident with hitting the right injection spot on delts. I pushed all the oil in (Test E) and on every inject when I get to the the end, I really put some muscle into into it to really squeeze that plunger closed and force out as many drops as I can. When you do that, since the plunger tip is rubber, once you release your pressure it usually moves back slightly. When the plunger slowly loosened I saw that it brought a little bit of blood into the syringe. At this point I was already done so just pushed it back through and withdrew the pin.

They say no real major arteries in the delt, which is why most physicians do not aspirate when doing IM shots in the delts. The shot was around 5am this morning and it is now over 12 hours later and I have not felt any weird feelings at all. Maybe a "little" bit warmer at some points this morning but think I just had too much stimulants pre workout.

Anyhow, assuming I am fine and I did not inject directly into a vein, does any of this effect absorption? In researching it a bit like I said overall should be safe in the delt but pinning into a vein or through a vein will weaken absorption. When I withdrew the needle there was a little blood that came out but nothing out of the norm. I either have no blood at all or sometimes a few drops. Nothing out of the norm especially considering I took an aspirin shortly before and aspirin does make me bleed much more when I am cut. So assuming it was not INTO the vein.

Thoughts?
  • kriegernindo
    VET
    • Feb 2020

Thoughts?

You are perfectly fine. Everything will absorb normally. Blood was probably from capillary or vein bruised or nicked. You would notice if you had a problem by now.

Absorption is easy to tell if you have good gear. 12 hours after any shot I feel it immediately

Comment

• Puff88
      VET
      • Jan 2019

12 hour rule regardless of ester?

Comment

• HDH
        • Jun 2015

Yer good bro, I've aspirated in the past and still had blood squirt about 4 feet

I don't think I've aspirated in 10 years or longer

Of course I'm not saying that everyone should stop aspirating, this is just what I have done.

Comment

• jrod
          • Jun 2010

I micro dose with slin pins so I don’t aspirate
          But, I’ve had that happen in the past, in other sites as well.

Comment

• kriegernindo
            VET
            • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Puff88
            12 hour rule regardless of ester?
            For me yes. Over the years I've learned good gear you can feel within 12-24 hours regardless of compound. The ester can't protect 100% of the compound from being absorbed obviously, bits of it are absorbed immediately

Comment

• HDH
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by kriegernindo
              For me yes. Over the years I've learned good gear you can feel within 12-24 hours regardless of compound. The ester can't protect 100% of the compound from being absorbed obviously, bits of it are absorbed immediately
              I believe half is absorbed immediately.

Comment

• Titan
                Vet
                • Aug 2010

According to the current evidence-based practice in medical research, there is no good reason to aspirate before injections. Its no longer taught to aspirate in most nursing school programs here in the US.
                Titan from:
                VIP@:
                Peak-Muscle
                Anabolic Board,
                The Iron Den and
                A few other boards.

Comment

• kriegernindo
                  VET
                  • Feb 2020

Yes and according to Dr Fauci Vitamin D3 is useless against the China Virus even though 1 year ago he was recorded saying otherwise and that he would prescribe it.

Let's not always blindly believe what the medical cartel comes out with or tells us. Unless there is a very very very good reason to (empirical evidence etc)

Although probably not too harmless not aspirating, the Medical Cartel makes changes all the time actually to increase their profits which usually correlate with first seeing an increase in illness which they can only perpetrate by teaching abstinence of good things like vitamins and the like.

An example was when Niacin was actually an approved treatment by the FDA for cholesterol in the 70s. It was actually prescribed by doctors. Fast forward a couple decades and you now have the FDA telling doctors they no longer can prescribe it for cholesterol as there "is no evidence proving it's effectiveness for high cholesterol" and then Lipitor was born. I think at the time my dad told me back in 2005 there had already been tens of thousands of deaths from it due to heart attacks.

Let's not be naive. Let's not parrot.

Comment

• Titan
                    Vet
                    • Aug 2010

Yes and according to Dr Fauci Vitamin D3 is useless against the China Virus even though 1 year ago he was recorded saying otherwise and that he would prescribe it.

Let's not always blindly believe what the medical cartel comes out with or tells us. Unless there is a very very very good reason to (empirical evidence etc)

Although probably not too harmless not aspirating, the Medical Cartel makes changes all the time actually to increase their profits which usually correlate with first seeing an increase in illness which they can only perpetrate by teaching abstinence of good things like vitamins and the like.

An example was when Niacin was actually an approved treatment by the FDA for cholesterol in the 70s. It was actually prescribed by doctors. Fast forward a couple decades and you now have the FDA telling doctors they no longer can prescribe it for cholesterol as there "is no evidence proving it's effectiveness for high cholesterol" and then Lipitor was born. I think at the time my dad told me back in 2005 there had already been tens of thousands of deaths from it due to heart attacks.

Let's not be naive. Let's not parrot.
                    Medical Cartel? You really don't have a good understanding of medicine. I agree
                    Fauci is motivated by special interests and in my personal opinion the whole COVID-19 is the largest lie in recent history... but I know for a fact asperating is no longer the nursing standard. I'm not saying you should not but it's no longer viewed as a major necessity as it once was. I've worked in the medical field my whole adult life and I agree big Pharma may be cartel-like but as for medical research in the practical application of nursing care? There is no deception.
                    Titan from:
                    VIP@:
                    Peak-Muscle
                    Anabolic Board,
                    The Iron Den and
                    A few other boards.

Comment

• HDH
                      • Jun 2015

I have never had a doc/nurse aspirate before giving me an injection.

To my knowledge, it's not taught anymore.

Comment

• kriegernindo
                        VET
                        • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Titan
                        Medical Cartel? You really don't have a good understanding of medicine. I agree
                        Fauci is motivated by special interests and in my personal opinion the whole COVID-19 is the largest lie in recent history... but I know for a fact asperating is no longer the nursing standard. I'm not saying you should not but it's no longer viewed as a major necessity as it once was. I've worked in the medical field my whole adult life and I agree big Pharma may be cartel-like but as for medical research in the practical application of nursing care? There is no deception.
                        I apologize. My initial response I was emotionally wired up due to my line of work and meeting so many people on a daily basis for have been severely damaged by the pharmaceutical side of things. I should have been more specific. I appreciate the insight.

Comment

• Kluso
                          Vet
                          • Dec 2016

I apologize. My initial response I was emotionally wired up due to my line of work and meeting so many people on a daily basis for have been severely damaged by the pharmaceutical side of things. I should have been more specific. I appreciate the insight.
                          I agree with you about Fouchy. Don’t wear masks, wear masks? Umm, fuck you! Shister! You helped destroy this country. Congrats!

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                            • May 2019

I've always aspirated. Prolly bcoz that's the way it was done when I came to the dark side 18 years ago, so basically just out of habit. Out of all those years, I've only had ONE time where some blood got sucked into syringe while aspirating.
                            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Kluso
                              Vet
                              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                              I've always aspirated. Prolly bcoz that's the way it was done when I came to the dark side 18 years ago, so basically just out of habit. Out of all those years, I've only had ONE time where some blood got sucked into syringe while aspirating.
                              I still do it in certain muscles. Never had blood yet. But I’m not even close to 18 years. Lol

Comment

Working...