X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDUB
    Vet
    • Apr 2012

Using older gear

I tried to search for a thread using the title but couldn't find anything. I know there is something out there on this...What are your thoughts on using old gear? Have you done it before? Everyone usually has a stash that is a few years old, but hang on to it...thoughts?
    sigpic
  • jrod
    • Jun 2010

All my gear is “expired”, according to the home brew expiration date.
    I usually get a bulk amount and spread it out over a few years. I have no issues using it.
    I guess it all depends on how good the gear is…

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
      Banned
      • Apr 2018

I have used gear that was 4yrs past expiration date. It had been kept in a cool dry place the entire time....because I actually forgo about this little stash I had...and not exposed to light. It still looked very pure and clean.....I gave a little test shot prior to actually putting it into a schedule and had no issues.

Depending on certain condition gear will typical be OK to use well past its expiration date. It may lose some of its potency, more so with orals, but if left under the right condition its still good to inject.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

If kept probably gear stays good for years.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Rebornlite
          VET
          • Dec 2018

I have had test start to crash a few different after sitting on the shelf for a while. I can usually save it by warming it up, I toss it if not.

Comment

• AlphaMale
            VET
            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Rebornlite
            I have had test start to crash a few different after sitting on the shelf for a while. I can usually save it by warming it up, I toss it if not.
            I warm mine up in the microwave if it crashes. Ten second intervals on High setting until it dissolves completely.
            Should use a needle to aspirate the vial while heating it.
            Last edited by AlphaMale; 05-13-2021, 06:21 PM.
            Veteran

Comment

• HDH
              • Jun 2015

It would have to be a lot of years before I would consider getting rid of it. I may approach already opened vials differently though.

Comment

• Puff88
                VET
                • Jan 2019

I have asked this question before and seems the general answer is that if it is stored corectly (dark area, out of direct light, room temp) then it will last years. Also, quality of the gear to begin with will play a big role in its shelf life.

As for orals, my guess would be that they can last even longer since you are not dependent on anything being suspended in a liquid and crashing, etc. But not 100% sure.

Comment

• kriegernindo
                  VET
                  • Feb 2020

Theoretically if the powder doesn't degrade (or even if it does I would assume it would need at least 15-20 years to be inert I'm guessing) then the oil should be good indefinitely if it was produced and stored with sterility. Meaning no bacteria or virus when it was made or stored through proper heating and micro filtering and of course the proper solvents is BA

And for good measure I would personally heat the vial on the stove with needle to vent top for 30 minutes. That's just me though. Extra measure maybe kill any tiny thing that was attempting to spawn or hoping to

Comment

• kriegernindo
                    VET
                    • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Puff88
                    I have asked this question before and seems the general answer is that if it is stored corectly (dark area, out of direct light, room temp) then it will last years. Also, quality of the gear to begin with will play a big role in its shelf life.

As for orals, my guess would be that they can last even longer since you are not dependent on anything being suspended in a liquid and crashing, etc. But not 100% sure.
                    Correct. Orals would not have a specified expiration date as far as them working or not goes I think unless it's omstuoud long time like 20 or more years

This always reminds me of that part in Wolf of wall street where he and his buddy found those 30 year old Qaloudes

Comment

• JDUB
                      Vet
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by HDH
                      It would have to be a lot of years before I would consider getting rid of it. I may approach already opened vials differently though.

If thats the case I'm good til I die...
                      sigpic

Comment

• JDUB
                        Vet
                        • Apr 2012

I have kept mine in small plastic boxes....like a tackle box for artificial fish baits....for years in my safe...I have a big browning safe that I have all my guns in, except for the guns where people break in....then I shoot them fuckers with readily available....
                        sigpic

Comment

• kriegernindo
                          VET
                          • Feb 2020

Nice

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by JDUB
                            I have kept mine in small plastic boxes....like a tackle box for artificial fish baits....for years in my safe...I have a big browning safe that I have all my guns in, except for the guns where people break in....then I shoot them fuckers with readily available....
                            ....yep....no need to be selective there.

Comment

• Kluso
                              Vet
                              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by kriegernindo
                              Theoretically if the powder doesn't degrade (or even if it does I would assume it would need at least 15-20 years to be inert I'm guessing) then the oil should be good indefinitely if it was produced and stored with sterility. Meaning no bacteria or virus when it was made or stored through proper heating and micro filtering and of course the proper solvents is BA

And for good measure I would personally heat the vial on the stove with needle to vent top for 30 minutes. That's just me though. Extra measure maybe kill any tiny thing that was attempting to spawn or hoping to
                              I honestly wouldn’t suggest doing that. If you heat the oil hot enough to kill bacteria it will most likely oxidize the oil. Getting it warm is one thing but getting it hot is not a good idea. You have to look up the temps the carrier oil oxidizes. It’s lower than you think. I just learned this myself but makes sense you don’t want to inject oxidized oil. Really bad for you.

Comment

Working...