X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deacon
    Vet
    • Jan 2005

two new guys

my partner and I have accepted two new partners for a 4 man rotation - they are 22 and 24 respectively - they asked out loud today how we can train so hard being twice their age - we just shrugged and added more weight
    Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
    "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

It's hard for the young guys to keep up with the hardcore.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• BigSickD
      Vet
      • May 2004

Damn youngsters..
      BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• Deacon
        Vet
        • Jan 2005

its pretty cool though to have a couple young guys who want to learn and grow - I see way to many who think they know it all
        "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

Comment

• BigSickD
          Vet
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Deacon
          its pretty cool though to have a couple young guys who want to learn and grow - I see way to many who think they know it all
          I do know what you mean. I remember when I was a youngster and more mature guys (LOL) took me under there wing and showed me the ropes. I try to do that with guys know that show they want to learn.
          BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• b52
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BigSickD
            I do know what you mean. I remember when I was a youngster and more mature guys (LOL) took me under there wing and showed me the ropes. I try to do that with guys know that show they want to learn.
            I had a guy that took me under his wing and showed me a lot. Granted i did do my own research, but i learned a lot from him. We actually became good friends and talk on a weekly basis. Almost like a father figure to me.

Comment

• mrhtbd

I remember a 40-something black guy who trained at the YMCA where I first started lifting back in 1978.
              His name was Dave Johns, he may have been a York Barbell lifter but he didn't make anything of it.
              He taught me how to do military presses after I asked him one day for a spot on the bench.
              Great guy, free with advice on lifting but not too talkative.
              He was an inspiration.
              On the other hand, I guess my youthful enthusiasm was a blessing to him, as he said one day, "You show a lot of potential and you're not afraid to work, those two things are needed in this game to get the most out of it."

Question I have is: can these guys lift the same weights?
              I imagine the time it takes to switch plates is time lost, unless you are going strictly for strength. Are you?

Comment

• Deacon
                Vet
                • Jan 2005

switching plates is nothing - but these guys are close enough it aint so bad

Comment

• mrhtbd

cool!

Comment

Working...