Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paramuscle
    • Mar 2018

Getting Old

I tore my left distal biceps tendon and had it surgically repaired in Oct. It wasn't a bad surgery, pretty easy recovery and not much pain really. Fast forward and I just met with a nutritionist and trainer and was just getting back in the game for another run to the single digits and BAM, now my right arm is torn. I don't know exactly what is torn but it is in the right elbow area. I think it may be a forearm muscle, torn toward the elbow this time? Anyway, I just had another MRI yesterday so I see the doctor again Monday to find out how bad and what is next. I have had 10 orthopedic surgeries so far so yeah, her we go again I guess. And, I just turned 50 a couple months ago so ... Don't get old youngsters.

~PM
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Good luck.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• millenium girl
      • Apr 2006

Good luck para.
      I tore my left supraspinatus tendon mid January but I won’t have surgery. I will work out around it. Ik
      Don't forget to join
      http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
      http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• MindlessWork
        • Aug 2011

Good luck PM.

I've torn my left Achilles tendon mid January and still recovering 4 weeks post op. My first major injury in 20 years (had head and neck injury early 2000's).
        “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• irish_2003
          Vet
          • Oct 2011

I feel ya...I have any of the following stenosis, bulging, herniated, or degenerative disks c6-c7 and L4-L7...also complete pec tendon ruptured (not attached to shoulder anymore)..along with signs of mild cte possibly from being a paratrooper...I know you can relate...I turn 50 in 4 weeks
          Last edited by irish_2003; 02-22-2024, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• juggaknott2011
            • Dec 2017

Good luck brother I have a slap tear and I was just like F*** when it happened . The worse thing I did was stop lifting and got fat and depressed . Keep up the good fight bro !

"We lift each other up ! We are a force alone but as a family we're unstoppable ! We build muscles and memories "

Juggaknott2011

Comment

• MindlessWork
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by irish_2003
              I feel ya...I have any of the following stenosis, bulging, herniated, or degenerative disks c6-c7 and L4-L7...also complete pec tendon ruptured (not attached to shoulder anymore)..along with signs of mild cte possibly from being a paratrooper...I know you can relate...I turn 50 in 4 weeks
              CTE...ouch
              “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• pincushn
                Vet
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Paramuscle
                I tore my left distal biceps tendon and had it surgically repaired in Oct. It wasn't a bad surgery, pretty easy recovery and not much pain really. Fast forward and I just met with a nutritionist and trainer and was just getting back in the game for another run to the single digits and BAM, now my right arm is torn. I don't know exactly what is torn but it is in the right elbow area. I think it may be a forearm muscle, torn toward the elbow this time? Anyway, I just had another MRI yesterday so I see the doctor again Monday to find out how bad and what is next. I have had 10 orthopedic surgeries so far so yeah, her we go again I guess. And, I just turned 50 a couple months ago so ... Don't get old youngsters.

~PM
                Sucks man, dealing with some elbow issues myself. Your right, it seems after you get older the body reminds you of the beating you gave it in the gym for all those years. Keep positive bro!

Comment

• irish_2003
                  Vet
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MindlessWork
                  CTE...ouch
                  That sef observation based on symptoms could be from military parachute brain rattling

Comment

• MindlessWork
                    • Aug 2011

That sef observation based on symptoms could be from military parachute brain rattling
                    Hopefully you don't have CTE or any sort of cognitive issue arising out of that.

Comment

• Paramuscle
                      • Mar 2018

Yeah. They sell you on all the cool shit, they forget to tell you all the shit they're gonna take. But, I wouldn't trade a second of it. Best job I ever had and I still miss it every day.

~PM

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                        • May 2019

Quick healing bro! Maybe stop doing hammer curls with the 100's will help.
                        Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• wallyd
                          VET
                          • Aug 2015

Aging sucks but it beats the alternative! Good luck & speedy recovery!

Comment

• Paramuscle
                            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                            Quick healing bro! Maybe stop doing hammer curls with the 100's will help.

Fair point

~PM

Comment

• Silntrunin
                              VET
                              • Mar 2023

Originally posted by Paramuscle
                              ~PM
                              Father time catching up with us all unfortunately.
                              5 surgeries in the last 7 years and adding another hip replacement in April myself so I feel your pain brother. One thing after another.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Comment

Working...