Hawk Mountain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

Hawk Mountain

Sunday should be a good day here in Pennsylvania.
    Other than the follow-up cool, clear, and crisp skies we get following a rain and dip in temperature this time of year, it's time for the migration of Hawks and other Foul into the southern climes.
    As the misses and I have educated our children to the importance of raptors in maintaining a healthy balance in nature, it is of no mystery they (as well as ourselves) are looking forward to our trip to Hawk Mountain on Sunday to spend the afternoon hiking up to the summit to observe their annual migration. Nature-lovers abounding, this is one journey which repositions our love for nature and things wild high on our list of activities for living and being.
    Hope your weekend activities are as honorary to "wildlife" as well.
  • ninobambino
    • Jan 2005

Spent the week there once when I was VERY young. I liked it. Not only was it educational to the wild life, there was also a wide variety of games and activities when I was there - school related.

Hope it's nice out so you can enjoy the day.

Comment

• Thate
      Vet
      • Mar 2007

I plan to kill a few chicken hawks at the bottom of the poconos

Comment

• mrhtbd

Are you going to eat them at least?
        BTW, we had a great day.
        I can't believe the four year old actually hiked up the mountain by herself, but I did carry her down, sweet thing. She passed out in the ride home.
        The nine year old was a rock hopper. She even had my climb down a 40 foot vertical face and back up.
        They keep me young.

Comment

Working...