Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > MMA Talk
User Name
Password

Old 01-19-2017, 11:43 PM   #1
andrew0409
Vet

andrew0409 will become famous soon enoughandrew0409 will become famous soon enough
Extreme cutting for a fight.

So right now i'm sitting at 190, 85kg (190) at around 6-8%bf last time I checked to make weight for my last fight. I was around 92-93kg when I left, just about 200lbs.

I'm a taller guy around 6'2 so there's a huge amateur fight and they want me to cut down to 80kg. I would probably have to be at 3-4% bf at my height losing 3-5% would probably get me close to 80 but I'm not so sure about losing that much weight. 80kg is like 177lbs. i havent weighed so light since I was like 18. Noted I would absolutely be shredded and really focus on building muscle, but muscle strength and conditioning.
Which is fine, I can come right off to a heavier cycle and build back up. But my goal is to get to 205-210lbs, probably 205 is more likely in 9 months staying just under 10% bf for basketball season.

Has anyone ever made such an extreme cut and have any advice and how to gain weight back quickly.
andrew0409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #2
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
Your BF percentages are not realistic. No one fights at 3%. In fact idk if anyone has ever got to 3% and if they did the drugs involved were interesting.

What is your current BF? You said six or eight. Which is it? If you didn't measure it you do t know. Most of peeps on boards seem to think 12 reality actual is 7%. And so forth.
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:55 PM   #3
andrew0409
Vet

andrew0409 will become famous soon enoughandrew0409 will become famous soon enough
Since you wanted to know. I said 6-8 because I measured a month ago in Thailand pre fight it was around 7. So I +-1%

It's in Chinese but you can see I'm at 8.6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0871.JPG (107.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 01-21-2017, 12:53 AM   #4
andrew0409
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Your BF percentages are not realistic. No one fights at 3%. In fact idk if anyone has ever got to 3% and if they did the drugs involved were interesting.

What is your current BF? You said six or eight. Which is it? If you didn't measure it you do t know. Most of peeps on boards seem to think 12 reality actual is 7%. And so forth.
Yeah, maybe 3% is a bit crazy and unhealthy low. But I feel like getting to 5-6% and diuretics the day before the fight at weigh ins should do.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
andrew0409
Vet

Anyone know if T3 would be an bad idea for someone who does high intensity training?
Old 01-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #6
Pipelinesteve4
Vet

Pipelinesteve4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew0409 View Post
Anyone know if T3 would be an bad idea for someone who does high intensity training?
You can lose muscle using t3 if not properly stacked with aas, gh, diet, and training angles properly. You need to do alot of reading about these compounds you are looking at using. Most are only reccomended if you are a competitive body builder because of how dangerous they are when used improperly or even when used totally correctly you can still damage yourself. Nothing beats proper diet, proper training, proper rest. You shouldn't do extreme cutting for fights. You should fight at your real weight and build strength, speed, and special skills so that you are 100% top of your game for the fight.
Pipelinesteve4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:00 AM   #7
andrew0409
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipelinesteve4 View Post
You can lose muscle using t3 if not properly stacked with aas, gh, diet, and training angles properly. You need to do alot of reading about these compounds you are looking at using. Most are only reccomended if you are a competitive body builder because of how dangerous they are when used improperly or even when used totally correctly you can still damage yourself. Nothing beats proper diet, proper training, proper rest. You shouldn't do extreme cutting for fights. You should fight at your real weight and build strength, speed, and special skills so that you are 100% top of your game for the fight.
That's what I feel at 85kg I feel good. But they want be to fight at 80. But I guess I can turn it down or just tell them it's 85 or I'm not fighting.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #8
Glycomann

Yes I have you can dehydrate off that 13 lbs from 190. If you weigh in the night before no problems.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:12 PM   #9
Pipelinesteve4
Vet

Pipelinesteve4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew0409 View Post
That's what I feel at 85kg I feel good. But they want be to fight at 80. But I guess I can turn it down or just tell them it's 85 or I'm not fighting.
If you aren't far off of the cut off and you get 12 or 24 hours I think that would be ok. Maybe over hydrate to cut not using diuretic. Safest way. If you are far off the number then turn it down. You don't have to take every fight that comes your way. Unless it's a big fight for your career then you gotta go a little further.
Pipelinesteve4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:10 PM   #10
andrew0409
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Yes I have you can dehydrate off that 13 lbs from 190. If you weigh in the night before no problems.
The weigh in is 24-36hr hours before the fight. And lasix is OTC here so. Any advice on how to take it without any health issue?
Old 01-25-2017, 09:12 PM   #11
andrew0409
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipelinesteve4 View Post
If you aren't far off of the cut off and you get 12 or 24 hours I think that would be ok. Maybe over hydrate to cut not using diuretic. Safest way. If you are far off the number then turn it down. You don't have to take every fight that comes your way. Unless it's a big fight for your career then you gotta go a little further.
I'm not looking to go pro as a career. I'm far from it. But Its at biggest amateur boxing event here with huge crowds at the grand hyatte so I really want this fight.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #12
choke

Weight cutting isn't worth it bro.
Try to get as close to your walking around weight as possible.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:39 PM   #13
andrew0409
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
Weight cutting isn't worth it bro.
Try to get as close to your walking around weight as possible.
I really feel that 85kg is my optimal weight for fighting. And already at 8% bf. I feel like being lower then maybe 7-6 would not be comfortable. I'll have to check if they are willing to let me fight at 85. The thing is, i'm a tall guy and actually lean at 85. Most fighters here at 85 or over are either complete beasts or are fatter so you see more skilled fighter at the 80kg class.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #14
workingout
VET

workingout is on a distinguished road
how did the fight go?

BS ESS
workingout is offline   Reply With Quote