X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lion333

estrogen control while on TRT

What’s up folks...

little history

I'm 44, been on TRT for years. My current regimen is 1.25ml/week-Enanthate for 4 weeks then cyp for one week. this is up from 1.0/1.25 every other week. (1ml =200mg in all cases)

When on the 1.0/1.25 EOW program my test is in the low 400s (n=240-1100) and my estrogen is 29 (n=11-40). I feel like dirt, libido is down, fat is up, energy is down, mental focus is down etc etc. for reference when starting TRT my test was 350.

On the 1.25/week my test is 963 (n=240-1100) and my estradiol is 39.3 (n=11-32). Beyond the lab results I can feel the estrogen increase in various personal physiological and emotional markers. From the test perspective I feel great in all markers.

I take Poliquin’s Dim 2.0 and calcium D-Glucarate daily and take his estroclear 2-3 weeks on and off as needed.

That said my question is this…

Do any of you have recommendations for estrogen control in TRT setting?

Thanks in advance

M
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

I do not know what those ancillary chemicals you referred to are. But lowered estrogen on TRT is easy. I would use aromasin. Many of our sponsors sell it if your doc does not prescribe it for you. On that dose of test you might start out at 12.5mg EOD and see where that puts you. You can titrate the dose up or down as needed based on your blood work.

Comment

• Number-LL
      Vet
      • Jan 2012

How many days post injection were your labs done? It varies by body fat but I was on 100mg twice a week and taking 1/2mg Adex twice a week. My E2 dropped to below 5. I skipped it for a week and now take 1/4mg Adex twice a week. I haven't had labs yet but my libido is coming back. E2 at 39 isn't too bad. Too low and your libido drops and in the long run you can suffer bone density loss like women after menopause.

Why enan cyp split? They are very close in response. As Darkness suggested Asin is easier on your joints but my doctor Rx generic Adex. 12.5 EOD is a good place to start.
      I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• Glycomann

Probably the most reasonable approach is to consult your physician but I am not getting that you are under one's care. If it were me I would add in a very low dose of AI only if I felt there was a problem. For instance prostate trouble, water retention, sore nipples or gynecomastia. if i used an AI is would be at the lower end of the dose like 0.5 mg arimidex every other day and then retest in 3-4 weeks.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

An AI would control estrogen on TRT. My preference is arimidex, although aromasin is more popular.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• mrhtbd

How do I split an arimidex tab? It is very small. This is a script. Comes in 1mg tab.

Comment

• Thate
              Vet
              • Mar 2007

pill cutter or bite it

Comment

• Number-LL
                Vet
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                How do I split an arimidex tab? It is very small. This is a script. Comes in 1mg tab.
                They are very small. Just go to any drugstore and get a pill cutter. They will hold it right in the middle of the blade. You might get one piece a little bigger than the other but it doesn't matter because during the week you are still taking the same amount.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• willi
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Number-LL
                  They are very small. Just go to any drugstore and get a pill cutter. They will hold it right in the middle of the blade. You might get one piece a little bigger than the other but it doesn't matter because during the week you are still taking the same amount.
                  Thats how its done. You gotta buy a pill cutter.

Comment

• lion333

thanks a lot for the info...

I am under a docs care. she is an excellent doc and has worked with me basing dosages on both the lab number and my subjective feedback on how i feel...she has been solid for me...the only area where I wanted more from her and she didn't deliver was when I asked for anti E medications and her response was to lower the T dosing.

the supplements are over the counter anti estrogen compounds made for/by Charles Poliquin.

my labs were done on the day i took my weekly injection but before the shot was done.

I have used adex in the past while on my first cycle and under swales counsel but not having experience before that didnt have a marker to judge it against.

I do have some adex and recently got some nolvadex..

if my E gets too low it drops libido?

Comment

• Number-LL
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by lion333
                      thanks a lot for the info...

I am under a docs care. she is an excellent doc and has worked with me basing dosages on both the lab number and my subjective feedback on how i feel...she has been solid for me...the only area where I wanted more from her and she didn't deliver was when I asked for anti E medications and her response was to lower the T dosing.

the supplements are over the counter anti estrogen compounds made for/by Charles Poliquin.

my labs were done on the day i took my weekly injection but before the shot was done.

I have used adex in the past while on my first cycle and under swales counsel but not having experience before that didnt have a marker to judge it against.

I do have some adex and recently got some nolvadex..

if my E gets too low it drops libido?
                      I tried DIM when I started and it didn't do much.

If your E gets too low most likely you will feel a little tried and your libido drops off. The long term effect is possible bone density loss. Plus E does help build muscle a little.

Comment

• lion333

thanks!

any thoughts on nolva use for E control on TRT?

Comment

• Number-LL
                          Vet
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by lion333
                          thanks!

any thoughts on nolva use for E control on TRT?
                          No experience here but I don't think I would recommend nolva for long term use.

Maybe someone else can help more with this.

Comment

• lion333

thanks...

I'm thinking the same thing..and thinking that nova, as a blocker, may actually be worse since my body will still have E running around..so I'm changing my direction and looking to arimidex or proviron.

Comment

Working...