Critique my diet please

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skullsmasher

Critique my diet please

Here is what Im eating 90% of the time as of now. Anyones opinions are welcomed. My goals are to add muscle while losing some fat in the process.

cottage cheese ( 13g pro/2.5g fat/ 4g carbs)
    broccoli (?)
    yogurt (6g pro/0 fat/ 21 carbs
    sliced lturkey lunch meat (5g pro/0 fat/0 carbs)
    fat free milk (10g pro/0 fat/ 14g carbs)
    whole wheat bread (4g pro/18g carb/0 fat)
    Chicken breast (? pro/0 fat/0carbs)
    protein (22g pro/2g carb/1g fat)
    bananas
    tuna
    eggs occasionally
    oranges
    a little peanut butter once in a while

my carbs are kept relatively low and my protein is almost always 1g per pound of BWT
  • buffness

to much dairy, espeically when losing body fat. Your not getting in enough protein. Don't count protein in cheese yogurt ex.. Ditch the bread-low gi carbs. Not a fan of the fruit when cutting up either..

Comment

• Stout1
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by buffness
      to much dairy, espeically when losing body fat. Your not getting in enough protein. Don't count protein in cheese yogurt ex.. Ditch the bread-low gi carbs. Not a fan of the fruit when cutting up either..
      I'd have to agree here.

I thought all yogurt had carbs or fats in there...Skullsmasher you just have protein in there? It is either sugar or some sort of fats in with the yogurt. I could almost swear to it.

Comment

• BigWilly
        • Sep 2004

I need to see meals broken down...
        "Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's levels of aspiration...and expectation."

Comment

• skullsmasher

Originally posted by BigWilly
          I need to see meals broken down...

Im not planning out every single meal. I just buy groceries that (I thought) are somewhat good for what im trying to accomplish, and I eat a target amount each day. I dont say "ok eat this at this time" etc. I just dont do that right now. Im not yer size BW or even close. Im not trying to compete or anything of that nature.

Comment

• skullsmasher

Originally posted by Stout1
            I'd have to agree here.

I thought all yogurt had carbs or fats in there...Skullsmasher you just have protein in there? It is either sugar or some sort of fats in with the yogurt. I could almost swear to it.

yes they do, but I still keep my OVERALL carbs throughout the day, low as well as at least.......bout 175-220g of pro a day. Im about 215 BWT. although right now my BF % is too high IMO. roughly 21%

Comment

• skullsmasher

Originally posted by buffness

Im not sure why dairy is bad even when it is low carb/fat and high protein? Why shouldnt I count the protein in these? I always thought it was more important HOW MUCH pro you get in as opposed to WHAT KIND?

Comment

• goes4ever
                • Sep 2004

as far as I know the protein in dairy is complete protein and CAN BE counted.........where do you think whey comes from?

Comment

• skullsmasher

Originally posted by goes4ever
                  as far as I know the protein in dairy is complete protein and CAN BE counted.........where do you think whey comes from?

whew, for a minute there I thought I was crazy!

Comment

• Stout1
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by skullsmasher
                    yes they do, but I still keep my OVERALL carbs throughout the day, low as well as at least.......bout 175-220g of pro a day. Im about 215 BWT. although right now my BF % is too high IMO. roughly 21%
                    Well listed above you say 0g fat and 0g carbs...I am just trying to figure this out.

And in reference to your statement about not being as large as BigWilly. That is a mute point. If you want to succeed in this game diet is the MOST important thing you can or can't do.

You can train hard, do all the right things, sleep well, get rest, etc. But if you fuck up your diet your whole game is shit washed. In my eyes if you don't want to diet right you are wasting your time. When I say diet I mean eating correctly whether it be bulking, cutting, etc. You have to have meal plans laid out and count calories, eating on the run as you say just doesn't cut it. You have to have a plan in this game to succeed. Then as you go along you will now what you are doing then won't have to count calories and can make adjustments on the run. At first yes its a bitch, but once you reap the rewards of your efforts it will be more than worth it.

But I can not stress enough the fact of how important diet is.

Comment

• skullsmasher

Well listed above you say 0g fat and 0g carbs...I am just trying to figure this out.

And in reference to your statement about not being as large as BigWilly. That is a mute point. If you want to succeed in this game diet is the MOST important thing you can or can't do.

You can train hard, do all the right things, sleep well, get rest, etc. But if you fuck up your diet your whole game is shit washed. In my eyes if you don't want to diet right you are wasting your time. When I say diet I mean eating correctly whether it be bulking, cutting, etc. You have to have meal plans laid out and count calories, eating on the run as you say just doesn't cut it. You have to have a plan in this game to succeed. Then as you go along you will now what you are doing then won't have to count calories and can make adjustments on the run. At first yes its a bitch, but once you reap the rewards of your efforts it will be more than worth it.

But I can not stress enough the fact of how important diet is.

believe it or not, I know what yer sayin. to put it simply I do count my grams but, I dont plan my individual meals. I just plan what I will eat that day. My statement about being as big as BW was mad because Im sure he does work harder on the diet part than me because he competes and is also chemically assisted. So seeing as how I do neither of those, I thought I would let it be known to him that those are not things that applied to me right now. ah I cant say what I mean right now, I just didnt want to come off seeming like im trying ot get to 0% BF and compete, for the sake of him taking the time to reply.

Comment

• skullsmasher

I do not try to eat 0g carbs and 0g fat, that is just what is in some of the items I eat.

o ok, the yogurt. miss type. thanks.

Comment

• Stout1
                          • Oct 2004

I do not try to eat 0g carbs and 0g fat, that is just what is in some of the items I eat.

o ok, the yogurt. miss type. thanks.
                          Yeah, I meant the yogurt. I really don't like any sort of simple sugars when trying to diet. Yogurt, milk, fruit is a simple sugar. Some people with a good metabolism can get away with things like that, but most can't.

Comment

• Stout1
                            • Oct 2004

believe it or not, I know what yer sayin. to put it simply I do count my grams but, I dont plan my individual meals. I just plan what I will eat that day. My statement about being as big as BW was mad because Im sure he does work harder on the diet part than me because he competes and is also chemically assisted. So seeing as how I do neither of those, I thought I would let it be known to him that those are not things that applied to me right now. ah I cant say what I mean right now, I just didnt want to come off seeming like im trying ot get to 0% BF and compete, for the sake of him taking the time to reply.
                            Well to count your cals you would almost need to plan your meals. Just eating XXXX for the day doesn't cut it. You need a structured meal plan of somesort. And just because your not looking to compete or using any help is not a reason to not pay a little bit more closer to the details. Heck, I would almost bet 95% of the people on the boards don't compete.

To succeed in this game diet needs to be put in the forefront of any plan of attack.

Comment

• skullsmasher

I thought I would be alright as long as I reach my daily goals as far as protein and carbs go.

Comment

Working...