Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Training
User Name
Password

Old 07-17-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Consistency

Consistency

Here is a typical scenario that applied to a large percentage of the lifters reading this post, and a SUPER LARGE percentage of the guys reading this that get piss-poor results.

You get all psyched up about your training. By the latest copy of your favorite lifting mag, go to the online forums, read the success stories about others, and decide this time you are going to REALLY make it happen. You put together the “ultimate” routine and have at it. And it starts working! The weights are going up and you are stoked! Then, little Jenny has to go to the doctors and your wife can’t take her, or you get behind on studies in school and “have to” miss your workout, or one of the million things that come up in life. So, you miss a workout, no big deal. Next week something else comes up and just as fast as you built up all the excitement about your new routine, you lose momentum psychologically. And all of a sudden you find yourself trading the protein shake and banana for a big-Mac and fries, and……..right down the toilet things go.

The good part is, it doesn’t last long, and you soon find yourself getting excited about your training again and take another pass at the “big results” you know you can achieve. But the same old vicious circle starts again. Most guys end up doing the right thing about ˝ or less of the time and then bitch about results. This game is about doing the right things each and every day on a consistent basis. The gym is the easy part. Fueling the process is a full-time job that most never really get into the groove of.

Most of you would be totally amazed at the results you could achieve if you put just a whole year back to back of doing the right things every day. Many of you never put a month together of doing the right things. Get consistent, get results!

Iron Addict
ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Last edited by liftsiron; 10-21-2005 at 06:16 PM..
liftsiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
mr.b

This is so true..
Old 07-29-2005, 12:10 PM   #3
ronb
VET

ronb is on a distinguished road
Very true. Once the excuses and rationalizations start you're fucked. when things get rough life wise make smaller strides but do something! Those gig macs etc are a loaded guns.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass out all day long.

Life can be summed up in one four letter word .. NEXT!

Former Admin@sculptedbyiron
ronb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
cjas

cjas is on a distinguished road
Great post.

Take a look around the gym the next time you're there. What do you see? The same people day in and day out but physically never changing.. They might put in their time, they might even be fairly intense in their training, but it's very clear their time outside of the gym is far from consistent.

I truly believe, mostly from my own experience, that what I'm doing outside of the gym is the biggest factor on my achieving the results I want.
cjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
mappgh

Very true!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
Ching
Vet

Ching is on a distinguished road
Great post bro, so true...
Ching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
Ms.Wetback

Awesome post, and regretfully true

Oh yeah, it applies to us ladies also.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #8
Deacon
Vet

Deacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really nice
well written - and so true

I tell them all when they come up and ask that if they are serious it must become a life style - or else it is nothing more than a hobby that will not show results

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
fable

i'm dyin right now with the flu, work, middle of buying a home, and i never miss a day! amen!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #10
pumpsiron

I work in a gym and i see the telltale cycles all the time.
Scenario: Jim has been hittin the weights for a couple months at my gym. Then, all of a sudden he frequents less often until not at all. 2 months later Jim rolls in the gym looking soft and 20 pounds heavier. Excuse= divorce, sickness, bills, work, yadda yadda yadda. So, Jim starts his routine back up rather intensely. Soon, he becomes board of it AGAIN! SAME excuses and same look.
Conclusion: If you wanna look good, be at the top of your game, and just feel great about yourself and what you are persuing, you have to be CONSISTANT! Take 12 months out of the year. Then workout seriously for 10 of those months straight, but just mearly slack off one month and take another off. YOU GOT NOTHING! yes?
Old 03-15-2007, 05:36 AM   #11
DblThunder

Very true about consistancy.. When I see people out of shape who are really trying I always try to encourage them by letting them know that just being here at the gym is half the battle and to be patient and keep up the good work. Also working out and staying consistant really helps to over come all the crap that life tends to throw at you and help keep stress down. Stress, problems.... they can be like a vicious virus, alot of people do not understand how getting to the gym on those days you don't feel like it beats back these sluggish feelings giving you better light on what ever may be happening. Consistancy, patience, and realistic goals are a good formula for success.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:47 PM   #12
pumpsiron

you R absolutely right on
Old 02-07-2008, 02:00 AM   #13
whatthedeuce

i work full time and go to school full time as an MIS major and still don't miss a day. in the year and a half i've been working out i've surpassed most in the gym. its a good feeling when you know all the girls in the gym are looking at you and not the weakasses. ha
Old 02-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
Scotsmark
VET

Scotsmark is on a distinguished road
Consistency, combined with form is the secret in the gym. Outside of it is definately the hard part. I'm lucky that I only have to work for 6 months of the year, on my time off I try to eat properly at the right times, get enough water, take the right supps, get enough sleep and not get caught up in anything that's going to take laonger than 3 hours without having either food or a shake with me. A lot of people think I'm weird for not wanting to go out drinking every weekend or during the week when there's a football game on or for following such a rigid lifestyle or they pass comments like "All that food can't be good for you" or "Don't you get bored doing the same things all the time?" Fact is, since the age of 21 (now 35) I've lived a very regimented lifestyle as I joined the army and now work on an offshore drilling rig, All my meals were served at the same time, I got up at the same time every day, I trained at the same time every day etc.
I've had more than my fair share of illnesses & injuries which have always set me back but I can always get back on track by being consistent with everything, it's like second nature now and I've turned the table on the naysayers, I ask them "Are you happy to go through life with skinny arms?"
At work I've just been transferred to a new rig and the majority of guys there come up to me to set them out training & diet plans or ask me to take them to the gym to 'show them what to do ', everyone of them gets told the same thing, no matter what shape they are in - BE CONSISTENT AND YOU WILL ACHEIVE YOUR GOALS!
Scotsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #15
meateater

good read