Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willsgotrythm
    Vet
    • Jul 2012

I hate to say it but because of shoulder issues Ive leaned more towards the smith machine for chest and shoulder presses. I still deadlift and squat though.

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
      Other than warming up more & stretching more, its still heavy & ball-busting workouts as usual here.
      I wonder if it's because you've been natural for so long?? AAS makes the joints brittle over time.

Comment

• JohnnyB
        vet
        • Jul 2003

I do more warm-ups, stretches and cardio before and after a w/o, I still do the dogg crapp method. So one day of lifting, one day of water aerobics, with weekends off. Got to love water aerobics, with all the joint and back pain, it does a body good.

I'm like everyone else, having issues with knees and back, looks like things are getting better, so now I'll be able to get to the gym on a consistent bases. Now that I'm on HRT, not just TRT, I'm seeing good things coming from it.

Comment

• TheChosen1
          Vet
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jboldman
          for the last ten years i have been doing one bodypart a day, i still get a great workout and a full week to recover. lighter weights, never work thru pain, if i want to focus on a particular group i double it up at the end of the week.

jb
          Same here.

Taking a page from criticalbench.com, I concentrate on one bodypart, usually 3 sets of 3 exercises. Then work the upper body hard so that I don't have to work the arms very hard.
          "Loved by some, Hated by most, but RESPECTED BY ALL!!"

TheChosen1
          2012 A.P.F Ca. State Champion &
          2 Class Record Holder (Deadlift)
          Platinum VIP@theVIPboard

Secured addy:TheChosen1@safe-mail.net

Comment

• Jester
            VET
            • May 2004

the most valuable lessons I have earned.... "it's not a sprint race"... and "The best gyms are the ones that don't advertise"

Comment

• IBBAdmin
              VET
              • Jun 2012

yes cause everything hurts ,lol

Comment

• mrhtbd

If my back is out I do plat bench presses and after a day or two my back is better.
                I use a lot of supersets with opposits bodyparts.
                I like to do shoulders with legs now instead of the old grind chest, shoulders, triceps, that's too much for me now.
                I especially use compound movements so my weakest area limits the stress on the joints.
                For instance, I will use dumbbells on an adjustable incline board and do a curl, into a press, into a fly, then from the top come down into the bottom rotating my in and back to start a full rotational curl again. I do a set on each position on the bench, from flat to all the way upright, 10x10.
                My arms are much more balanced now, and this alows me to work around my shoulder injuries.

Comment

• Deacon
                  Vet
                  • Jan 2005

I am stronger and bigger that ever - about to turn 48 - but the plus side is the years of heavy training have paid off with a lot of mature muscle thickness - the younger lifters wish they had it

I know I can go off and stay as strong and almost as big as on - so I dont stress being off anymore - cycling has not hurt me one bit and I have current labs and other tests to prove it - in fact the doctors wondered how I was so fit at my age
                  Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
                  "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

• IBBAdmin
                    VET
                    • Jun 2012

well, warm up more and if your on supps you know certain ones mask the pains or injuries so be mindful. Other than that do what you normally do. Me, well I am more on the retirement end cause I have no time but the start back up after a while off, thats where you have to be real mindful,lol The only thing I notices as I got into my late 30s and 40s is that everything hurts and is stiff. I mean getting out of bed it takes a while to move around, driving long distances shit like that. My doc told me that my outside looks 30 but my insides( Joints, tendons ect) are like 70 because of all the years of training .lol

Comment

• millenium girl
                      • Apr 2006

I still hit the gym as often as I was because people at the boards expect me to lift but I prefer body weight exercises and cardio. GF gave me cross fit workouts and I love those!
                      Don't forget to join
                      http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
                      http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

Working...