Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Tweaked my chest again

Tweaked it a couple weeks back. Nothing too terrible but I did a couple good sets with decent weight then had to basically use half the weight I normally would. I did a bunch of sets. Like 25-30 reps. Does this even do anything for hypertrophy? Probably gonna lighten it up for a couple weeks to prevent further injury but I hate feeling like I'm not getting the best workout for the muscle. I get it to the point where it's fatigued and I can't do anymore. Did a lot of push ups as well.
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Better listen to those signals or you're gonna regret it. I had that same shit 12 years back. I was doing heavy flat db presses, and "tweaked" the right pec. Stopped immediate and done with chest for the day. Took it light and easy next few workouts. Came in one day, started with incline smith press, and tore my right pec. It never even bruised up, but I've had a big gap/hole near the pec/delt tie-in ever since. Funny thing is I wasn't even up to my working poundage yet when it happened. In hindsite, that tweak was worse than I thought, and I shoulda took it easier longer to let it heal 100%. When that happens, paranoia sets in, and you're always wondering when/if it's gonna happen again. Hence, i don't think I went heavy on chest day the following 3 years.

To add, I was running tren. The ONLY 2x I ever tore a muscle, I was on tren. First a calf, then a pec. Tren is famous for muscle tears.

Comment

• b52
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
      Better listen to those signals or you're gonna regret it. I had that same shit 12 years back. I was doing heavy flat db presses, and "tweaked" the right pec. Stopped immediate and done with chest for the day. Took it light and easy next few workouts. Came in one day, started with incline smith press, and tore my right pec. It never even bruised up, but I've had a big gap/hole near the pec/delt tie-in ever since. Funny thing is I wasn't even up to my working poundage yet when it happened. In hindsite, that tweak was worse than I thought, and I shoulda took it easier longer to let it heal 100%. When that happens, paranoia sets in, and you're always wondering when/if it's gonna happen again. Hence, i don't think I went heavy on chest day the following 3 years.

To add, I was running tren. The ONLY 2x I ever tore a muscle, I was on tren. First a calf, then a pec. Tren is famous for muscle tears.
      I've pulled them over the years more times than I can count. Usually about every 6 months. I'm gonna lighten it up for a little while and let it heal. Probably just pushups and light dumbbells for a month.

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

Thanks Alpha. I'm still pretty young. 33 but I've been lifting since 15. I do have a problem with taking it easy but I don't have a choice currently. I have to. As far as goals, it's just progress. I don't like doing anything and feeling like I didn't get anywhere. Who knows lightweights might be a pleasant surprise.

Comment

• Dakota
          VET
          • Feb 2017

Unless you are going to compete and you have to find your limits there is no point in training at max. Think longevity.
          The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Kluso
            Vet
            • Dec 2016

I’m older but I like switching to lighter weights every once in awhile and I definitely still add size. As long as you are still hitting failure by last set you will grow. Just need to do higher reps. Try 15-20 reps for a bit. You will get nice pump and it will burn like hell. You will grow. I gaurrantee it. There’s no way anything that painful isn’t doing something productive. That is the saying isn’t it? No pain, no gain! You will feel a new level of pain. Try it.

Comment

• Big B
              Banned
              • Jan 2016

Go easy brother. Better going easy for 6-8 weeks then being out 6-8 months...

Comment

• b52
                • Oct 2006

Yah gonna go easy for a little bit. Much higher reps and light weight. Did that the past couple workouts and I'm sore as hell. I guess my body deserves a break after hitting it hard for 25 weeks. I should probably do it more often.

Comment

Working...