Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroids
User Name
Password

Old 12-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Bodybuilding Drugs Half lives

Steroids Newsletter Pages

Steroid Half Lifes Chart

Steroid Half life's - anyone new to steroids may be wondering what this means, even some steroid users may also be wondering what this means. So here in simple terms you can read and hopefully understand all about steroid half life's and what this term means.

Basically every drug has a half life, steroids included. If for example, you were to inject 200mg of Decadurabolin once weekly, for 6 weeks, how would you know when you were "off"? Would you be "off" when you had finished your last dose? You would be able to calculate this from the half life of Deca. The half life of Deca is around 14 days. This means that 14 days from your last shot of 200mg of Deca, your blood levels of Deca will contain 100mg of the steroid. Another 14 days from then, i.e. 28 days from last dose, your blood levels will contain 50mg of the steroid. This amount then keeps halving every 14 days. Therefore you can clearly see that when you finish your cycle, even though you are not putting any steroids into your body, you may think that you are now "off", however you still have, and will still have for some time after your last dose, "active" blood levels of the steroid. Therefore you can plan what to use, how long for, and how long off your cycle, based on these half life's.

Below a list of half-life's of the most commonly used steroids, esters and ancillary compounds.

Oral steroids Drug Active half-life
Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours
Anavar (oxandrolone) 9 hours
Dianabol (methandrostenolone, methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours
Methyltestosterone 4-5 hours
Winstrol (stanozolol)
(tablets or depot taken orally) 9 hours

Depot steroids Drug Active half-life
Deca-durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) 14 days
Equipoise 14 days
Finaject (trenbolone acetate) 3 days
Primobolan (methenolone enanthate) 10.5 days
Sustanon or Omnadren 15 to 18 days
Testosterone Cypionate 12 days
Testosterone Enanthate 10.5 days
Testosterone Propionate 2 days
Testosterone Suspension 1 day
Winstrol (stanozolol) 1 day

Steroid esters Drug Active half-life
Formate 1.5 days
Acetate 3 days
Propionate 2 days
Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
Butyrate 6 days
Valerate 7.5 days
Hexanoate 9 days
Caproate 9 days
Isocaproate 9 days
Heptanoate 10.5 days
Enanthate 10.5 days
Octanoate 12 days
Cypionate 12 days
Nonanoate 13.5 days
Decanoate 15 days
Undecanoate 16.5 days

Ancillaries Drug Active half-life
Arimidex 3 days
Clenbuterol 1.5 days
Clomid 5 days
Cytadren 6 hours
Ephedrine 6 hours
T3 10 hours
Old 12-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
Ironworker1
Vet

Ironworker1 will become famous soon enough
Great info to know...
Thanks lifts
Ironworker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
Neuromancer
Vet

Neuromancer is on a distinguished road
Hey Lifts, my reading had always led me to believe that the enanthate ester was right around 7.5 to 8 days. The compound that ester is attached to does have some affect on the half life and there are tons of variables that could potentially alter the time beyond that so nailing a specific time is probably fairly difficult.

Mind you, I was doing this research 10 years or so ago among the many chem classes I had at the time, so its quite possible that I am just outdated here. However, I do see quite a range of elimination times for just about all esters with a quick internet search.

Has this range of half lives always been the case with your reading as well or is this a more updated list?

Just curious...thanks boss.
Neuromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Hey Lifts, my reading had always led me to believe that the enanthate ester was right around 7.5 to 8 days. The compound that ester is attached to does have some affect on the half life and there are tons of variables that could potentially alter the time beyond that so nailing a specific time is probably fairly difficult.

Mind you, I was doing this research 10 years or so ago among the many chem classes I had at the time, so its quite possible that I am just outdated here. However, I do see quite a range of elimination times for just about all esters with a quick internet search.

Has this range of half lives always been the case with your reading as well or is this a more updated list?

Just curious...thanks boss.
I think there is a change, I've seen older lists that have the half life of test E longer than cyp, I would say just use this as a guideline and not as a 100% guarantee as being exact for every drug.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
been
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:36 PM   #6
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhtbd View Post
I have been thinking about testosterone half-life's a lot. Back in the 1980's, there was the philosophy that test cypionate should be taken every 4-7 days, (because of the prevelent belief it was a short-acting ether), whereas enanthate could be taken effectively every 10-14 days (because it was a long-acting ether). Of course, propionate, being water-based, was suggested to be taken every 1 or 2 days.
I don't have an issue with propionate, but the other two have had me perplexed, especially since testosterone therapy prescriptions were switched some time ago from enanthate to cypionate. Now-a-days, all the test scripts are for cypionate, whereaas 6 years ago they were all enanthate.
Last year I asked my doc to give me a script for enanthate, but he said they don't make it anymore.
Any thoughts on this?
I've have ran cyp & ent and seen no difference whatsoever in results between the two. I have injected both as frequent as 2x ew, and also as infrequent as 1x every 10 days - solid results both ways. Obviously 2x ew was better results bcoz that's when I was running a higher dose of 500-600mg ew vs 250-300mg every 10 days, so not a fair comparison.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:42 AM   #7
basskiller
Administrator

Location: My personality is who I am, My attitude is who you are
basskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhtbd View Post
Now-a-days, all the test scripts are for cypionate, whereaas 6 years ago they were all enanthate.
Last year I asked my doc to give me a script for enanthate, but he said they don't make it anymore.
Any thoughts on this?
most have a relation with Watson and their main test is test cyp
basskiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #8
black7
Vet

black7 is just really niceblack7 is just really niceblack7 is just really niceblack7 is just really niceblack7 is just really nice
Most of the HG labs (watson ect) only make cyp...The doc will prescribe you 1 cc every two weeks of it.

black7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:47 AM   #9
mrhtbd

Interesting
Old 04-24-2015, 08:49 AM   #10
black7
Vet

black7 is just really niceblack7 is just really niceblack7 is just really niceblack7 is just really niceblack7 is just really nice
yea i said 2 weeks... EOW is what i meant... i guess that is 2 weeks??? lol

black7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #11
mrhtbd

guess
Old 09-30-2015, 01:09 AM   #12
Beeker

I live in Canada and I get test enanthate 400mg every 14 days but if I am early by a couple days my doc still gives me the shot. My friend has been on the shots before and he says that the doctor cycles between test e and test c every few months. As far as the half lives I have done quite a bit of research and have found that the half lives of both to be between 7 to 10 days depending on who you talk to with test c being slightly longer due to a slightly bigger ester chain.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:54 AM   #13
clutchitalian

clutchitalian is a glorious beacon of lightclutchitalian is a glorious beacon of lightclutchitalian is a glorious beacon of lightclutchitalian is a glorious beacon of lightclutchitalian is a glorious beacon of light
and i thought acetate was less than propinate.......
clutchitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:58 AM   #14
liftsiron
Administrator

Good info.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:29 PM   #15
liftsiron
Administrator

Bump!