Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-31-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Your Thoughts On Lifting and Marijuana

Yesterday I was in the gym doing my weekly self inflicted punishment, you know, doing legs. There was a young guy next to me, a local power lifter, doing deads. He knows me, has seen me compete locally a few years ago. He claims I was part of his inspiration to start power lifting. That and college football, he plays for the greatest college team in the world, the Gators. Any way, hr wreaked of what they call loud. It's just a nickname for high quality weed I guess because it smells so strong.
Now I'm no stranger to weed. The first time I got in serious trouble I had 57 pounds of weed. And both my sons smoke. My youngest sits outside my house smoking every day. Hell he's outside smoking right now. But this kid shocked me. All star athlete, playing at a high level and probably going to the pros if he stays healthy.
So we are chatting. I brought up that he looked effed up. He just grinned. Not preachy, but old farty, I asked if he was getting any benefit from using. I mean the potential loss if caught is life altering in Florida where it's still illegal.
After the usual bull shit about helping him focus, giving him a better mind body connection while training I called bull shit. And pointed out that he couldn't even remember where he laid his drink and towel after his last set.
Then he gave me a believable answer. He said he is expected to come into training camp around 300lbs, but his natural body weight is around 270ish. He said he's tried peptides, he can't afford the amounts of growth it would take. But the pot increases his appetite so he can eat all the time to stay a little over 300, lean when he comes off cycling for the preseason.. And it was easier to cover up the weed with masking agents.
I dont know. I dont care to be honest. But if the Gators lose him it could have an impact.
His general thesis about aiding in weight gain made sense. I havent smoked weed since my last prison stint in the early 90's. I have no desire to.
But I am curious about you're thoughts overall.

Muscle Forged In Pain

Last edited by Roughrydr; 03-31-2019 at 03:41 PM..
Roughrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:40 PM   #2
Dawgpound_Hank

Weed made me either lazy as hell or laughing my ass off. I can't even fathom hitting the gym while stoned. It certainly can't help with aggressiveness. I believe Biceps101 gets stoned every time he hits the gym and said it helped him so who knows. To each their own.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:57 AM   #3
Dustined83
VET

Dustined83 has a spectacular aura aboutDustined83 has a spectacular aura about
I smoke every day. It helps me in the gym. I zone out
Dustined83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:12 AM   #4
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustined83 View Post
I smoke every day. It helps me in the gym. I zone out
We can tell by the spelling in most of your posts.

Potheads will say all types of reasons as to why they smoke. I know one young guy in the area who has the genetics to be a pro, he lost his job as a trainer at the gym because he was high 24/7. I recently seen him at a gas station small and fat, he said he doesn't have any desire to workout, he's also unemployed and was high as hell. I never met a single alcoholic or pothead who excelled in bodybuilding or anything else to tell the truth.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:41 PM   #5
Dawgpound_Hank

I wonder if some of these guys seen Pumping Iron and Arnold toking at the celebration, and ran with it, thinking he got stoned every day before the gym.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:35 AM   #6
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post

Potheads will say all types of reasons as to why they smoke. I know one young guy in the area who has the genetics to be a pro, he lost his job as a trainer at the gym because he was high 24/7. I recently seen him at a gas station small and fat, he said he doesn't have any desire to workout, he's also unemployed and was high as hell. I never met a single alcoholic or pothead who excelled in bodybuilding or anything else to tell the truth.
Agree...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #7
Aklion
VET

Aklion will become famous soon enough
I absolutely hate being high. But most guys I know smoke weed every day and train while high. I could never do it
Aklion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 PM   #8
Dustined83
VET

Dustined83 has a spectacular aura aboutDustined83 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post

Lol most of my spelling is probably due to smoking and lack of caring as long as the message is conveyed. I don't smoke until night though most of the time anyway.

I believe to each their own. I grew up around alcoholics so i might drink twice a year. But, in saying that, i will also say i don't believe it helps me work out. I use for relaxation and decompression
Dustined83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:41 PM   #9
theprince
Banned

theprince is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
Weed made me either lazy as hell or laughing my ass off. I can't even fathom hitting the gym while stoned. It certainly can't help with aggressiveness. I believe Biceps101 gets stoned every time he hits the gym and said it helped him so who knows. To each their own.
You are unique or marijuana just isnt your thing. Everyone has their thing. Either one possible but I can absolutely be aggressive and extremely focused if it's the right amount of marijuana and a sativa strain. But you have to have a preworkout with 1,3 DMAA and some nootropic cognitive enhancers and blood dilators.

Then you smoke just the right amount according to your tolerance before you start sipping on the pre. And I do a quarter bowl right before stepping out my car. That way the energy is fresh and not an afterglow.
theprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:43 PM   #10
theprince
Banned

theprince is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aklion View Post
I absolutely hate being high. But most guys I know smoke weed every day and train while high. I could never do it
Yeah there's being "high" and being "nicely elevated with a tint of creative energy"

I go for the latter if I'm training. If I'm watching a movie (once a month) maybe the first option. It's all about your habitual and consistent state of mind bro. Things like this only amplify natural inclinations. Jmo.
theprince is offline   Reply With Quote