"Redacted" discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QueenB

"Redacted" discussion

So, Brian de Palma has a new film expected for release this fall, "Redacted". Here's an article about it::

"Redacted" Stuns Venice ~ Reuters

Now, I have my own issues with this film. I've tried to look at it objectively, I just can't.

So, I'm asking for opinions.

Personally, I loved Carrie, Scarface, and Snake Eyes. Though, I don't think Snake Eyes or Carrie can be compared to Scarface, it was just too good.

However, this movie disgusts me. Yes, it happens, it's extremely horrifying that it happens. The United States military charged and prosecuted the soldiers involved. I do not want this to come across as if I am excusing the behavior of those soldier, I am not. But you have GOT to be kidding me.

De Palma and his far left wing nut job buddies disagree with the Iraq war, we all know that. You cannot possibly follow politics and the news and NOT know that. But, this film (if you can call it that), does not attack the politics that De Palma disagrees with, it attacks the United States military, in my opinion.

It may be incredibly ignorant of me to admit and I may be a little too close to think clearly about this film and see it objectively but I won't be seeing it and I doubt I'll ever be willing to knowingly watch another Brian De Palma movie ever again. I think this film will be used as anti-America propaganda throughout the middle east as a way to "justify" the killing of American soldiers. In my opinion, De Palma has done no service to the American public or the United States servicemembers that sacrifice themselves day in and day out because that's their job.

I'll be the first person to defend the rights protected in the First Amendment, however, there has to be a line drawn somewhere and Redacted clearly crosses that line.

Anyway, I've made my position on this fairly clear but I'd still like to know what you all think, even if you disagree.
  • KajedAnimal

You know...it only makes these Hollywood types look like idiots spouting off about something they know nothing about. None of them have politcal science degrees. And the people that listen to them and take them serious are even bigger idiots. I mean this is a generation that gets their news from The Daily Show of all places...

Comment

• QueenB

Oh I totally agree.

My problem with this isn't that they are idiots spouting off about something they know nothing about (well, it is, De Palma never served, he should keep his trap shut, but thats not my point). My problem is the fact that 1)he's a big enough SOB to make the film 2)that people are GOING to take it and run with it, PROBABLY angry arab men who need no further encouragement to want to kill American soldiers and civilians.

My other MASSIVE issue with this film, it's being shown and treated like it's a "fictional documentary"....Ummm WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS A FICTIONAL DOCUMENTARY?! I'll tell you what it is, it's De Palma covering his pansy ass. He can't call it a DOCUMENTARY so he says it's been fictionalized.

Seriously, consider the term "fictional documentary", it makes no sense.

Comment

• Xflyboy

I think its the type of movie that is aimed at making the U.S. military look like monsters. Grant it, some people are sick but not all the soldiers, sailors, and airmen re like that. Its just another unamerican Liberal commie ploy to make Americans and the rest of the world hate our military for trying to help a country who was being controlled by a murdering dictator, when it was CONGRESS that sent them to war to begin with!! I don't really support war, but I do support our Brave Honorable Military 100%. I want our military home as soon as possible, but we need to finish what we began! Suspending funding and garbage like that will never get this war over with! We need to give our military ANYthing they need to get the job done, INCLUDING SUPPORT BY THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY!

Sorry, I get kinda tore up about politics and our Military!

Comment

Working...